DJVC - Life! (Melodic drum & bass)

I really like the intro of this track. Also the atmospherics sound nice but I would lose a bit of the top end of the bass lead to let them sound in even more. What I would improve though is the kicks. They sound eaten with the bass. Better frequency splitting should do the trick. But I really like the vibe of this track. Sounds very Technique Recordings-ish ;) Do keep on working on the track. Really would like to know what will happen to it :)

I really like the intro of this track. Also the atmospherics sound nice but I would lose a bit of the top end of the bass lead to let them sound in even more. What I would improve though is the kicks. They sound eaten with the bass. Better frequency splitting should do the trick. But I really like the vibe of this track. Sounds very Technique Recordings-ish ;) Do keep on working on the track. Really would like to know what will happen to it :)

Allright man, great response :p
Will keep working and keep you posted

Tried some more sidechaining so the kick doesn't interfere with the bass. And lowered the high a bit on the bass lead.
Let me know what you think now ;)

Last edited:
I really liked it, especially the energy. The middle/upper-middle-ish voice was kinda competing with the snare; maybe some EQ'ing to better define them differently? Or you could just transpose the whole voice up an octave, which might work as you don't have a lot going on in the upper-upper frequencies. I loved the bass, especially at the breakdown. The second half of the song, after the breakdown, could maybe use some stabs, FX, vocal samples, or something else for interest.

Very solid tune.

I really liked it, especially the energy. The middle/upper-middle-ish voice was kinda competing with the snare; maybe some EQ'ing to better define them differently? Or you could just transpose the whole voice up an octave, which might work as you don't have a lot going on in the upper-upper frequencies. I loved the bass, especially at the breakdown. The second half of the song, after the breakdown, could maybe use some stabs, FX, vocal samples, or something else for interest.

Very solid tune.

I agree on adding something to the second half of the song, will try some stuff. Will eq some more so the snare comes out good.
Thanks for your comment man, appreciate it :)

Have you considered vocals overtop of the track? I think this would sound great with a vocal mix overtop. :)

I love the brassy sounds, especially with the piano. They work quite well together, although piano will make almost anything sound good. :afro:

Have you considered vocals overtop of the track? I think this would sound great with a vocal mix overtop. :)

I love the brassy sounds, especially with the piano. They work quite well together, although piano will make almost anything sound good. :afro:

I tried vocals, but it's too hard to make them sound good :p i'm not used to working with vocals

This is sounding good man! One thing that came to mind is that the drums could do with some variation, like switch the hi-hat pattern up each section or add percussion to some. And as said above, something extra or different for the second drop would be great. Nice track overall imo.

This is sounding good man! One thing that came to mind is that the drums could do with some variation, like switch the hi-hat pattern up each section or add percussion to some. And as said above, something extra or different for the second drop would be great. Nice track overall imo.

Yeah will try that, thanks for the comment

Loving this. I agree with Menosance that this sounds like something that would have been produced by someone on Technique. I feel like it would fit right in on Wall of Sound. Good job with it.

Back
Top Bottom