@ DJ's - Win residency for Breakin Science

ya man, i saw this too. think you have to make a donation through paypal if you're not a dj on aftershock tho. which is pretty lame.
still, might buss out a mix for it.

Not really as the donations to cancer research is being taken out of thier monthly subs.

You guys should maybe read the competition info a little more, it's not Breaking Science.

Hit silky up on djsilkcut@hotmail.com he is more than happy to help you with submissions.

Easy :wave:

Yeah thats my bad. I had breakin science in my head because of the other thread on the main page :O

You can't edit thread titles either, so that makes it a bit harder to change it to the correct info.

It's all good, I have certain things on the brain most of the day too. Can be most distracting...

Anyways give us a shout if you want a hand with your video. All you need to do is have a webcam, and your pc, its a lot more simple that it looks ;)

In a bit

was considering doing this, but you've either gotta have the most views (last time i checked lady v dubs was storing ahead) or the most comments (some peoples comments were just plain jokes) orrrr the final placed is picked by the judges.

i guess it's fair in a way to some extent. but then you just get people leaving studip comments for their mates, and i wouldn't put it past some people to sit there all day refreshing youtube getting up their view counts.

that and i haven't got a webcam.

[/bawwwwwwww]

Nah you dont. I wish people would actually READ..

You can do it by views, or comments which is effectively the same as any voting system. Also if you check the ASR forums, it shows you clearly who's refreshing youtube and who is getting individual stats, because youtube also counts by IP.

We can see who's refreshing thier page and trust me we will be taking that into account at the end.

A 3rd dj is picked purely by us for technical ability / skill. Ie, we pick someone at random who is good.

So ^^^^ is more than fairer than any spam / vote / mass mate buddie system there has ever been for a competition.....

Because if you're rubbish, you're not going to win, are you :)

So - there are 3 more than fair ways of getting through to the final, and tescos sell webcams for a fiver :wave:

Here: check the competition entrys out so far... http://www.aftershockradio.com/html/RCGE-Entrants.html

Last edited:
i opperate under 7 proxies. WAT NOW THEN?

also, it's the credit crunch, £5 is a lot these days. £4.99 and we woulda had a deal.

You can do it by views, or comments which is effectively the same as any voting system.

you're not wrong. except not everybody has the same ammount of friends voting for them, so someone with 20 friends has a better chance of winning than someone who has 5 friends.

i'm not saying it's not a great competition, and not a great thing you're doing btw. i do think it's a really cool opportunity you're presenting. but ultimatly it comes down to the ammount of friends you have in the long run.

Last edited:
its a good idea but i think the whole video bit is afar to complex and farfethced a nice and easy mp3 would invite alot more people to take part rathing than faffing around with a digitalwebcam

But you don't need any friends to win?

If you are really good, you are going to stand out above everyone else and be the 3rd Dj / 3rd Mc to be picked to go through to the final anyway?

3 Djs and 3 mcs go through to the final.

1 dj and 1 mc is PICKED BY THE ADMIN TEAM to go through to the final, regardless of thier mass spam efforts.

Does that make a little more sence now?

its a good idea but i think the whole video bit is afar to complex and farfethced a nice and easy mp3 would invite alot more people to take part rathing than faffing around with a digitalwebcam

Yep there were over 500 entrys for the competition last time, this time it's a little easier to sift through. Less people, with people who have actually made a bit of an effort. You don't get anywhere in life without a bit of effort :)

If it made sence, why say that you need mates to win?

When you clearly don't? You could be a friendless internet newbie with absolute skills and amazing tune selection, and you would stand out a mile and go through to the final.

Thing is, to make it fair, so EVERYONE has a chance, thats why we have made it with 3 finalists.

Anyways, if anyone wants to get involved, email djsilkcut@hotmail.com as the closing date is the 16th February.

Otherwise, join me in watching some light entertainment : http://www.aftershockradio.com/html/RCGE-Entrants.html

:)

Back
Top Bottom