DJ's Wanted for Dnb Night in Hertfordshire

charlie89

DJ's & MC's Wanted for Dnb Night in Hertfordshire

One of my mates is trying to set-up a Dnb night in Hertfordshire area and is looking for any DJ's who would be up for doing a set. Budget is kind of limited but if your interested PM me and i can forward him your details/rates. Any genre within Dnb is welcome

Last edited:
where abouts? i'm not a confident enough DJ to be playing out yet, nor do i have any real equipment to learn on just yet.

just curious as this neck of the woods seriously lacks dnb nights.

Yeah exactly. Nothing much round this area for dnb, so going to hopefully do a couple of nights and see what the response is. Venues still need to be confirmed as it is early days but probably in the St Albans/Hertford areas. He is after Dj's & MC's so if you know anyone who would be up for it then let me know. And dont be too worried about playing out for the first time we have all got to start somewhere.

Yeah exactly. Nothing much round this area for dnb, so going to hopefully do a couple of nights and see what the response is. Venues still need to be confirmed as it is early days but probably in the St Albans/Hertford areas. He is after Dj's & MC's so if you know anyone who would be up for it then let me know. And dont be too worried about playing out for the first time we have all got to start somewhere.

i'm more than happy to play out, i just don't know my way round the industry standard set-up just yet.

there's plenty of available venues around watford, but most of them are your usual pretentious bars that try and pass themselves off as clubs, then there's AREA and Oceana, that are just....well, yeah.

Anyone else played any dnb venues around Hertfordshire. My mate certainly has a few lined up but again any info on decent set-up/acoustics from venues would be good. Anyone who has PM'd already i am trying to respond but its only letting me reply once every 5 mins, so basically if you can post a mix/soundcloud and an email address i will forward it on to my mate who will fill you in on the details.

Below is the message from the organiser/promoter including contact details...

Message to all Dj's

I am RossCo... Thanks for your interest, I am sure you are aware drum and bass in Hertfordshire and even the surrounding counties is for lack of a better word... SHIT. Lets change that with a night full of arse kickery. First off I need Dj's that are potentially willing to work for free for this night. Depending on how I work it there could be some money involved but the idea is in early stages.

Need DJ's who can play on either
. Vinyl
. CDJ's
. Software (Limited - Traktor/Serato type programs will not be provided and any long-arse complicated setups are a no no).

One of the above is a must (obviously) but 2 or even all 3 would be great. Need to hear your mixes for you to be considered and if I like you then I will also need to see you mix live before the night (my 10 year old brother can use audacity! That's not DJaying that's production) and this ain't xfactor.

Dont be offended if i pass up the opportunity to have you play (please respect that I do want to keep a certain level of talent/quality in this night). If your good then happy days we might make this work.

Message to all Mc's

I want good Mc's not alot to say here but use your own lyrics great don't go over board and do not drown out the music by over doing it. And the main thing I am looking for in a MC is crowd hype and personality : )

If you want to know more or want me to listen to some mixes or mcing. Contact me ross.millson@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

fuck it, i may as well give it a shot, provided i could get half hour or so before doors open to find my way around the set-up (purely a matter of knowing what buttons do what :lol:)

but here's a demo of my laptop mixings anyway, taster of my selection and mixing skill. http://www.mixcloud.com/DJ_Armed/tunesa-large-variety-of-them/

don't mind not being paid, just wanna play some tunes to people...although a pint or two would be nice :teeth:

edit: my mates got some CDJ's so i'll just learn my way round them on his.

Mate!!! No offence as ive only just joined but unless you can hold an hour set constantly beat matching to a high level i wouldnt think about playing out yet, it could ruin your career before you start!

fair enough, well i'm gonna be dropping by this mate of mines to have a bash, will get an hour demo sorted, send it to these guys and if they think it's up to scratch, sweet. If not, i'll keep at it.

lol I doubt it, it's only a small night mate.

lol yeah were not taking Main stage at Global or anything, you know how these starting nights usually run but still dont want to make a tit of yourself.

I think you will be surprised how many people are on this already, lot of missed opportunity for dnb nights in this area.

fair enough, well i'm gonna be dropping by this mate of mines to have a bash, will get an hour demo sorted, send it to these guys and if they think it's up to scratch, sweet. If not, i'll keep at it.

Definately send us over your mix though Armed. The event probably wont be happening untill late next month so plenty of practise time.

One of us still lives in Watford, we used to be residents at Area and have a dnb night on Mondays there.
So if you need help with getting in touch with the management we could probably help out too ;)

see, there's definitely a scene round here that's not being exploited to its full potential, but london's only a stones throw, and the clubs round the town centre are all booked up with cheesy pop/house/wank nights that bring the dickheads in.

ahmeds gonna rock up with his toshiba laptop that overheats, a usb mouse and a cracked copy of Virtual DJ and play timewarp mr happy double drops for an hour

wouldnt you rather book Mistabishi :D

ahmeds gonna rock up with his toshiba laptop that overheats, a usb mouse and a cracked copy of Virtual DJ and play timewarp mr happy double drops for an hour

wouldnt you rather book Mistabishi :D

rock it
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
>>> Mr happy
tarantula