DJS taking a back seat over MCS? Is dnb becoming too MC focused????????

Dubsta

VIP Junglist
Im finding more and more raves based around the mc...Djs being booked because they complimemt certain MCs not the other way around. Is dnb becoming too MC orientated? Is the Dj taking a back seat?

think it depends what raves your going to. if its jump up or jungle styles then id say yeah maybe the mcs are as big or bigger than the djs, people will go to specifically see skibba or eksman etc. however on the deeper side id say the mc is there to compliment the dj and hype the crowd instead of spit insanely fast bars. i still think gq is the don of mc's hes got the balance of talking to the crowd/letting the music breaht and dropping fast bars perfect. thats my opinion anyway

It all depends mate. Im personally on the side that says its all about having MCs on dnb... no matter what style. Its about quality control..... making syure you have the right mcs... not a load of northern cunts who think they know what they're doing.... or people with no grasp on the english laguage and babble about non sense for hours...

Heres an old set of mine with 4 MCs (Mekar, Gusto, Andlar & Chase) over a dark side set live on Force FM..... we used to kill of that radio back then.... highest listen counts amongst all the dnb shows easilly....

mekar has the voice for any dnb...................the rest are abit meh
It all depends mate. Im personally on the side that says its all about having MCs on dnb... no matter what style. Its about quality control..... making syure you have the right mcs... not a load of northern cunts who think they know what they're doing.... or people with no grasp on the english laguage and babble about non sense for hours...

Heres an old set of mine with 4 MCs (Mekar, Gusto, Andlar & Chase) over a dark side set live on Force FM..... we used to kill of that radio back then.... highest listen counts amongst all the dnb shows easilly....

you can have a set without an mc
you cant have one without a dj.

i like mcs, its just most of them are of poor quality.
if your a quality mc, chances are your not doing dnb sadly.

you can have a set without an mc
you cant have one without a dj.

i like mcs, its just most of them are of poor quality.
if your a quality mc, chances are your not doing dnb sadly.

This pretty much. Although dnb has got some quality.mcs. take spmc for example. Fokus isnt bad too. Im findkng alot more dmb tracks are featuring mcs now though

All about balance really. If the MC is actually thinking about what he/she is doing and knows the tunes, when to shut up and when to get everyone pumping then it's all good. If they actually chat some decent shit in the right way that's just a bonus. All about a bit of codebreaker

All about the mc's !!!

We can listen to sets practically anywhere without mc's. I can go to my local nightclub for a cheese night and he plays dnb without mc's. I play dnb in my room without mc's. Point is you if you hear mc's chances are its a proper drum & bass night not no cheese night.

When i look at a flyer i look what mc's are going to be there before i look what dj's are going to be there.

Went to a night without mc's once... Never again

Codebreaker and Sense when they team up is win. Serious. If you've never checked out any Fathom Audio stuff, go do it now.

Nice to know you're still as modest as ever.

Well you know... no point tickling your own ego or anything!! Never lost it mate!! hahahaha! Only only competition was these two dudes called Riisu & Fazer.... and yeh... they were still left behind! :teeth: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

How you keeping mate!! long time no fukin see..... hows you and the boudster?

. All about a bit of codebreaker

i dig codebreaker for sure, dont get me wrong i think hes a good mc and on a night he knows how to control a crowd. But the man needs to write some new bars! the xtra codebreaker fabric warmup bars are repeated so much in the latest podcast. also ive seen him on nights frequently over the last 9 months and i pretty much know the lines off by heart! its a shame cos what he does come out with is good, id just like him to unleash his potential fully by writing some fresh stuff.

Sly Bassman Trigga Spyda

Hazard Bassman

Skibba & Shabba

Eskman Herbzie

Harry Shotta Show

AndyC GQ

The list goes on but dont get me wrong not all mc's are great

Dagz I wish I had less friends like you :teeth: to be fair sets I used to rinse the duck out of I can't even stomach these days I used to like sdc and SAS few years back but nowadays trigga will you take me shopping..... Duck off! it's sad and old, times change and so does everyone's taste

Dagz I wish I had less friends like you :teeth: to be fair sets I used to rinse the duck out of I can't even stomach these days I used to like sdc and SAS few years back but nowadays trigga will you take me shopping..... Duck off! it's sad and old, times change and so does everyone's taste

Im going to say i do wish sometimes Trigga would add some of his older style to his sets. His crowd hype style is good but i do miss the badboy talk he used to spit. I do understand what you are saying tho maybe one day il think the same but 15 years listening to them now i dont think im going to go off them that easy

Totally agree ones man's terrorist is another's man's freedom fighter - hazard north vs south still goes down a treat

Back
Top Bottom