dj's pitching up sets.

rosssss224

noticed bigger dj's sets seem to be at a higher bpm than "normal". andy and frictin for example seem to be averaging around 180bpm. This normal practice to keep the gurners happy? anyone here do this?

fractal

VIP Junglist
i always mix 174 tunes at around +4% but only cause of the click at 0 on mk2s.

tunes do seem to have a bit more energy at that speed too

Fire starter

VIP Junglist
I used to try and keep the tracks as close to the 0 mark as possible. But now after playing out a bit i wack them up at around 180 bpm.

Demshy

Surely it completely depends on the speed at which the track is made. How can you say your usually on +6 when some tracks are written at 170bpm and some at 175bpm. Most of the time I mix at 176bpm.

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
Surely it completely depends on the speed at which the track is made. How can you say your usually on +6 when some tracks are written at 170bpm and some at 175bpm. Most of the time I mix at 176bpm.

think people are taking an average. assume when ppl say +6 ect...then it is a track which is 174. cause trust no-one gunna be playing frictions remix of back to your roots at +6!

Depends on what i'm playing. If i'm mixing some early 90's stuff with newer stuff 90's tunes end up between 7 & 8 and the otheres between -2 and +2 depending on bpms. Try and keep it under +4 usually though.

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
I normally start between +2 and +4 depending on the track... it stops you ever needing to mix near 0 or below.

I think there is a point where it just sounds too fast and rushed... the beats need space to breathe! I find with most things after +6 it's a bit excessive unless it's an old tune with a slow BPM to begin with.

Top Bottom