DJ'S & MC'S WOULD BE MAD TO NOT GET ON THIS........

GARRYK

JUNE 2nd, RANDOM CONCEPT COMPETITION.

THIS COMPETION IS OPEN TO ANY UP & COMING ARTIST'S THAT ARE NOT ALREADY ESTABLISHED.(i.e, if its not your full time job)

DJ’s: YOU NEED TO SEND IN A MIX CD NO MORE THAN 45 MINS LONG.
MC’S: YOU NEED TO SEND IN A DEMO CD NO MORE THAN 45 MINS LONG

ON THE CD IT SHOULD CLEARLY READ WHAT YOU ARE ,IE: DJ / MC.
YOUR CONTACT DETAILS NEED TO BE ON THE CD.

CLOSING DATE IS: MAY 25th.

THE 6 QUALIFYING ENTRANT'S (DJ’s/MC’s) WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAY 28th.

YOU WILL THEN BE ASKED TO COME TO AIR IN BIRMINGHAM TO PERFORM YOU SET WITH ALLOCATED QUALIFYING DJ/MC ON JUNE 2nd.@ INNOVATION / RANDOM CONCEPT SENDING OFF PARTY

THE SETS WILL BE RECORDED ,THEN JUDGED BY FRICTION & EKSMAN

THE FOLLOWING WEEK THE 2 ARTISTS WILL BE NOTIFIED.

SEND ENTRANTS TO:

RANDOM COMP / SIDEWINDER
PO BOX 6466
TOWCESTER
NN12 8YW

GOOD LUCK.

CONDITIONS.

YOU WILL NEED A CURRENT VALID PASSPORT.

BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY.

HAVE NO OUTSTANDING CONVICTIONS.

AVAILABLE TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY JUNE 19th & RETURN BACK BY YOURSELF ON JUNE 20th.

NOT SCARED OF FLYING.

NO PERSONS AFFILIATED WITH RANDOM CONCEPT OR PARTNER COMPANIES CAN ENTER. i.e, resident dj’s or staff.

THE FINAL 6 ARTIST'S WILL BE JUDGED BY FRICTION & EKSMAN, THEIR DECISION WILL BE FINAL.

THE 2 ARTIST'S: DJ/MC WILL TRAVEL WITH GARRYK (FLIGHTS & HOTEL ALL PAID FOR) TO PLAY LIVE BACK2BACK SET IN ONE OF THE CLUBS HOSTED BY INNOVATION IN THE SUN AT LLORET DE MAR….THE SUNNIEST PART OF SPAIN.
ALSO THE WINNING ARTIST'S WILL BE INVITED TO PLAY AT THE NEXT RANDOM CONCEPT / VALVE SOUND tbc IN BIRMINGHAM NOVEMBER 3rd.

Ok,..I have tried to make this competition clear cut as possible and not alienate any persons, so anything that i may have missed please feel free to leave your comments.

randomconcept_innovation.jpg

mayrcsig.jpg

omg, gotta get a cd to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absoloutley love the idea of this, and I have nearly a month to polish of the most fluid flowing sickening dark jump up liquid smash em up mash em up set going. Wish me luck.

@Garry K; Is every set going to be listened to the whole 45mins??? And I presume as the people entering this are going to be up and coming there is no extra points for the latest tracks and dubs, just concentrating purely on the mixing? (Dont wanna break the bank jst to get a set off)

Last edited:
I absoloutley love the idea of this, and I have nearly a month to polish of the most fluid flowing sickening dark jump up liquid smash em up mash em up set going. Wish me luck.

@Garry K; Is every set going to be listened to the whole 45mins??? And I presume as the people entering this are going to be up and coming there is no extra points for the latest tracks and dubs, just concentrating purely on the mixing? (Dont wanna break the bank jst to get a set off)

No its not about the latest dubs,its what you can do with what you have.
All sets will be listened to all the way through.

Mc / dj's can enter together...just state it on the cd.

Good luck peeps,..this is the biggest chance you will ever get in a while.

No its not about the latest dubs,its what you can do with what you have.
All sets will be listened to all the way through.

Mc / dj's can enter together...just state it on the cd.

Good luck peeps,..this is the biggest chance you will ever get in a while.

This is a wicked chance, im just gonna do my best send it and hope for the best. Big up random concept & innovation.

Last edited:
Sent mine off, now I just gotta hope for the best.

There is couple compo's on DnB Arena aswell, if you can manage to wade throught the shit that goes on in that forum, tis worth checking out.

AHHHH. Just got a phone call from GarryK, my disc has snapped in the post :(, better package it a bit better!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Lucky he was good enough to call you man, get out the lead lined diplomatic pouch for this one!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Lucky he was good enough to call you man, get out the lead lined diplomatic pouch for this one!

Yes sure was good of him. I'm gonna box up this one just to make sure it get's there (in one piece). I suggested recorded delivery but don't think thats needed.

@ Garry K, if there is any further issue's relating to my entry there is link here, which has the mix I made for the competion. Random Concept Entry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom