DJM-600 vs. Xone 42: ADVICE NEEDED!

Adam.uk

A. Tiran
So I'm in the process of finally updating my mixer and for my budget restrictions, I've narrowed it down to two.

The Pioneer DJM-600: mostly discontinued but available on a couple of sites for £400;

and Allen & Heath Xone 42: available to import from the States for around £550 including postage.

Both mixers have 4 channels with 3 part EQ on each channel, and both have ample FX capabilities for what I need.

But I'd like to get some feedback from current owners of either so that basically I can work out whether the Xone 42 is worth nearly £200 extra or not.

So please don't hold back, help me out! Cheers

I've had a Xone 42 for a year now and I haven't got a single bad word to say. It's amazing mate. 4 channels which is more than enough, great sound and tight eqing, some nice filters to bring out a tune etc, excellently built.

I can't vouch for the DJM as I've never seen or touched one, but Allen & Heath is known for its quality, specifically with DJ mixers.

I bought a DJM 600 of eBay for £250 including postage. Took me a while to get used to as each mixer is very different, in my opinion. However pleased with it now. The one I bought was in absolute pristine condition but depends on the seller I guess. Never used A&H

XONE 42 FTW!!! trust me i got one for a month now. never looking back!!! very nice mixer with the only effects you need (filters...) and they are done right!

Importing from the US will probably generate duty and vat charges so do your research

Yeah the imported 42 from the US comes to around £530 including postage, which I hope would include duty and all that. Anyone had any experience with this?

Maybe that xone 62 would be better value, cheers for the tip herojuana. As shallow as it sounds though, I really prefer the graphite grey colour to the silver grey. Maybe i'll just buy a graphite fascia haha

Yeah the imported 42 from the US comes to around £530 including postage, which I hope would include duty and all that. Anyone had any experience with this?
only if they agree to pay them
check with your shipper (usually in the small print of the shipping faq)
more than likely you will be responsible. so u may have to add on 2-4% duty and 20% VAT to your total.

thanks for the heads up teddy. if that's the case, then i'm going to buy local here in the uk and make sure i can send it back easily if anything fucks up. i'll check it out though

Grab a Xone 62 off gumtree/ebay, its quite a lot better than the 42 because it has 2 filters, whereas the 42 only has 1.
I've had a DJM600 for 2 years and just recently got a Xone 92 off ebay for £700. As good as the DJM600 is, the A&H are miles better cos the filters are just pure win.

i have a djm600 but would jump at the chance of replacing it with an xone! a&h definately the best option

yeah it's just that the 62 on whybuynew.co.uk is only the silver one. but i will definitely look to perhaps shell out the extra dough for the 62 graphite on ebay.

im guessing most on ebay/gumtree in the uk are used ones, though right?

yeah i thought it was and found them being sold individually on chemical records since, so im gunna buy the silver 62 cheaper and the graphite faceplate and attach it on.

Back
Top Bottom