DnB Djinn - Abstractions Exclusive Mix - Vol 36 (Dec 2013)

Djinn

Exclusive mix for Abstractions Bristol, Vol. 36

Abstractions-Bristol-drum-and-bass.jpg

artworks-000065491239-csuru3-t200x200.jpg

Clarity - Sombre (Samurai Music)
Loxy & Skeptical - Cylon Theme (Cylon)
Djinn - Rule of Three (dub)
Kobra - Fear Machine (Architecture dub)
Homemade Weapons & Gremlinz ft. Collinjah - After Dark (Samurai Music)
Loxy & Resound - League of Shadows (Samurai Music)
Dom & Roland - Unofficial Jah (Metalheadz)
Paragon - Precipice (dub)
Overlook - Persona (dub)
Skeptical & Fokus - The Truth (Dispatch)
Ruffhouse - Pellet (Alignment)
Gremlinz & Ahmad - Breathless (dub)
????? (dub)
Nolige - Hunted (Architecture)
Paragon - Heirship VIP (dub)
Overlook - Narrows (Cylon dub)
Loxy ft. Ink - Artical (Foundation X)
Nebula - Prototype Chords (Subtle Audio)
Theory - Stagga (dub)
X-Nation - Knowledge of Self (dub)
Beakage - Questions VIP (Subtle Audio)
Digital - Bitter Wind (Rupture LDN dub)

Shocklee.com feature

Listen / Unlimited downloads from soundcloud below:

Damn Djinn! That was 1 hell of a mix. Majority of the tunes were up my street (bar the breakbeaty section around the 40 min mark, but thats only personal preference). League Of Shadows - Unofficial Jah <- Stand out blend in there, didn't expect the latter to come in where it did + wish I had found that mix myself :) then with Precipice the other side, kept the percussion pressure going with just the right amount of rhythmic variety. Pretty tribal out of that, with some flavours of Skepitcal - Frozen in there. Really liked your Rule Of Three tune too. Sat well where it was in the tracklist and suited the essence of the mix.

Sombre - Cylon Theme was wicked as an intro blend. Sombre setting the scene for Cylon Theme to ease proceedings into slightly unnerving territory. Persona is quality, as you would expect from Overlook. The Truth - Pellet fit together SO well, like they were made to go together in the mix. The little flickers from Pellet to Breathless was nice when those 2 were sitting on top of each other. I always mistake Narrows for a Clarity tune, but always wicked hearing that again (that Cylon LP can't come soon enough :) )

Mixing was tight, EQ'ed very well and the selection was a treat with plenty of new dubs in there to enjoy (y)

Had already posted this one in the mixes and tracklistings section but oh well. Amazing mix by the way. Will do the rounds for a while.

I love the way you bought in Unnoficial Jah as well. I don't really like the intro on that track, and you bought it in perfectly - justs rolls out on top of league of shadows

awesome review Watcha, thank you! Cheers Vanden! Yeah Unofficial Jah - the intro, im not 100% myself on it so just thought would miss it off hahaha

breathless stuff, the energy that carries through doesn't let up at all does it! will be rinsing this one. btw do you pronounce your name like 'jin'?

yeah its pronounced JIN , wicked mix Hannah but i would expect nothing less from you x

Have a good christmas :)

Back
Top Bottom