Djing B2B?

Trubass

DJ Trubass
Just out of interest, what are your opinions on doing B2B sets? will you play sets with people you haven't mixed with before etc? do you prefer to be able to play your own style or do you think it ads abit of excitement to a night?

Its depends really dont it?
if you got stuck on with a tearing dj on the b2b... Heavy!
but if u got paired with a nut that could hardly beatmatch and was playin all the tracks on pendulums new album... well u get wat i mean!

an i like to start energetic an go thru to darker an liquid an if u dont know what tunes cumin up next its hard to follow a vibe..

peace

I agree with this brother. I want to have somebody that feels the same way im felling and also when were changeing the styles up. It gets really boring if you got a fucker that dont know what the hells going on. And the have are just Pendulum and DJ Fresh tracks . . .. :orly:

but if u got paired with a nut that could hardly beatmatch and was playin all the tracks on pendulums new album... well u get wat i mean!

an i like to start energetic an go thru to darker an liquid an if u dont know what tunes cumin up next its hard to follow a vibe..

peace

Im part of a duo and we always go b2b doing about 5 tunes each before swapping. Do love it as we play all sorts and as weve come to know each others styles we work of each others mixes really well.

Have really gone b2b with randomers but can't imagine it being that bad unless i went with Mr I play 4 tracks in 20 minutes, playing both drops of all records and think im mixing house...OR...Joey Bloody Rewind!!!

Im part of a duo and we always go b2b doing about 5 tunes each before swapping. Do love it as we play all sorts and as weve come to know each others styles we work of each others mixes really well.

Have really gone b2b with randomers but can't imagine it being that bad unless i went with Mr I play 4 tracks in 20 minutes, playing both drops of all records and think im mixing house...OR...Joey Bloody Rewind!!!

I play b2b with my mate, we have a good understanding of exactly what each other is thinkin, cuts, switches, eq's etc two records each, no problem maaaan.

B2B is all good.... i mean i go B2B with the other two in The Mutant DJs all the time.... makes for a good set to be honest..... if your working with people with similar aims then its a good thing..... but if your stuck with some idiot who just trys to out play with every track but fails miserably then the set will be shite!!

I usually go B2B with my DJ partner DJ Darka and it can work quite well cos theres always a lil bit of competition to out play the last persons 3 tunes/mixes.
Its all about spending the time the others perons playing, working out what your gonna do next and seeing what the tune your gonna mix out of is.

Used to play on a night with Mattix, they'd do their B2B and I'd play with the promoter B2B Deejay Junior,we'd do 3on 3off personally i think it takes some of the pressure away so you can get lean...lol

Used to play on a night with Mattix, they'd do their B2B and I'd play with the promoter B2B Deejay Junior,we'd do 3on 3off personally i think it takes some of the pressure away so you can get lean...lol

LEAN LEAN LEAN!!! Oh yeaher!!!

yea i think B2B is a good way to feed of eachothers energy...if who your going up against is as skilled as Fes

ive had a few different experiances, when a b2b set has gone well, everyones on a high. feeding of eachother can be awesome and also give u a chance to relax during a set! but also if ur with some one you dont know who plays a style that you dont like it can be shit. ive always wanted to have a bash at a b2b with 4 decks and 2 mixers when when one dj is mixing the main tunes the other is dropping in teasers. mite have to give it a practice first tho

i used to do back to back with a amate at a night we used to do with 4 decks and two mixers.. that was fun but hard work...

plus you have to get a good system in place..ie always have one record playing that you dont touch the pitch on and pitch to that one....

i used to do back to back with a amate at a night we used to do with 4 decks and two mixers.. that was fun but hard work...

plus you have to get a good system in place..ie always have one record playing that you dont touch the pitch on and pitch to that one....

yeah i can see that.. other wise i guess one dj wld speed up a track and another slow one down haha!

i play B2B 100% of the time, only time we ever dont go B2B is if one of us is away.
Love it, we bounce off each other, makes perfect team, i think people need to be suite tho, cant just chuck any two DJ's together and think they will blend well

Well being in Dexcell, we have to go B2B. But its cool as we just seem to roll on the selection with ease. $lick's happy just as long as i don't play too much wobble wobble wobble wobble wobble

peace

your right mate u gotta trust who u go b2b with is on a simular style to u.

all about the b2b its better wen you know each others styles and where they will go in a set, aint about the snatch an grab! fuckin despise it, thats wen it all goes tits up, well for me that is....

sometimes go b2b with m.i.x, he's onto a bit of older stuff (2001-2005) kinda tingz, we got different styles, but the tunes match up well against each other. get some nice rollin mixes going on, and we jump on the mixer for each other sometimes too, proper cut it up....

i go b2b with 3 of the clockwork crew on radio sometimes. and it works pretty well... two of them are into liquid and another likes a bit of tear out (and some chilled business), and i like a bit of everything, ya na. it's pretty sweet, as we take the flow up and down from rinsing to chilling. so it's a nice, and works pretty well.

going b2b with fazer for the next clockwork night, and it's just going to be all out rinse out, can't wait :D

b2b-ing is about being able to vary and adapt your style tho, it's good to have a deep bag with lots of tunes, so you can pull out a stinker or some nice smooth grooves.
i don't know if i'd like to go b2b with someone i've not heard dj, as opposed to not seen.

ya dig?

Back
Top Bottom