DnB djanne - 175.00 (liquid mix)

djanne

I decided to mix my favorite dnb tunes (at the moment) into one longer track.
I present to you: my first proper drum & bass mix, mixed with Traktor.
Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Give it a spin, I hope you'll enjoy!
'spect to ya'll Badmons!

Tracklist
1. The Qemists - Stompbox
2. Rusko - Everyday (Netsky VIP Remix)
3. Culture Shock - Ohrwurm
4. Spor - Breathe In, Scream Out
5. Sub Focus - Druggy
6. Dizplay - Mykonos Summer
7. B-Complex - Little Oranges
8. Future Prophecies - Miniamba
9. Mindscape - Bounce
10. Sigma & Logistics - Dreams to Reality
11. Unquote & Molecular Structures - Lubov Moya

Links
Mixcloud
DNBSHARE

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated, I'd like to learn a lot more about drum & bass, Traktor and mixing in general!

Not too bad for a first mix DJ Anne. If I had to offer one critique, it would be to flex those EQs on your mixer a bit more dramatically when mixing the tracks from one to the next (example, cut bass from 'Track A' for a measure and then slam in the bass from 'Track B'). That Rusko track is one my personal favs.

I use Traktor (along with vinyl) and find that more often than not I have to manually adjust the beatgrid on my DnB digital tracks. Do you have the same problem?

Cheers,

Not too bad for a first mix DJ Anne. If I had to offer one critique, it would be to flex those EQs on your mixer a bit more dramatically when mixing the tracks from one to the next (example, cut bass from 'Track A' for a measure and then slam in the bass from 'Track B'). That Rusko track is one my personal favs.

I use Traktor (along with vinyl) and find that more often than not I have to manually adjust the beatgrid on my DnB digital tracks. Do you have the same problem?

Cheers,
that's pretty professional. Thanks for offering this critique.

Cheers,

First and foremost, thank you very, very much for your insight! : )

Yes, I'll keep practicing with the equalizers. For this mix, I only used the Filter at about -15% and killed the low frequencies at the same time for the oncoming track. It worked with some of the tracks better than the others.
Once I realized the x-fader could be 'sharpened' from the settings to allow very quick switching between tracks it made everything a lot easier!

The beatgrid thing is actually quite interesting...I suppose Traktor is better suited for house tunes and such. It seems to insist on starting the beatgrid from the first actual beat instead of the first sound (snare? I'm not sure what it's called)

Heh, I actually meant my name to be more like D-Janne (Janne is a Scandinavian boy's name.)
Should've realized it could be understood in two ways!

But thank you and cheers!

First and foremost, thank you very, very much for your insight! : )

Yes, I'll keep practicing with the equalizers. For this mix, I only used the Filter at about -15% and killed the low frequencies at the same time for the oncoming track. It worked with some of the tracks better than the others.
Once I realized the x-fader could be 'sharpened' from the settings to allow very quick switching between tracks it made everything a lot easier!

The beatgrid thing is actually quite interesting...I suppose Traktor is better suited for house tunes and such. It seems to insist on starting the beatgrid from the first actual beat instead of the first sound (snare? I'm not sure what it's called)

Heh, I actually meant my name to be more like D-Janne (Janne is a Scandinavian boy's name.)
Should've realized it could be understood in two ways!

But thank you and cheers!

First off, apologies for the name mixup D-Janne :)

Traktor has a lot of nice features under the hood. I like being able to customize the x-fader, as well as emulate different mixers and filters based on other mixer models. It's the little things that keep me interested in their product. And with DnB, a sharp xfader can come in handy when juggling beats or when you want to have an aggressive "cutting" mix style.

I agree with you 110% with regards to Traktor's beatgrid. I wish the folks at traktor would implement an option for the beatgrid to "read" different rhythms for different genres...one step at a time I suppose.

Cheers.

Traktor has a lot of nice features under the hood. I like being able to customize the x-fader, as well as emulate different mixers and filters based on other mixer models. It's the little things that keep me interested in their product. And with DnB, a sharp xfader can come in handy when juggling beats or when you want to have an aggressive "cutting" mix style.

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Traktor is one of those pieces of software that are easy to learn but hard to master! There are so many advanced features that it'll definitely keep me coming back for sure.
I also took another shot at mixing dnb, this time I decided to go harmonic! http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/134403-djanne-Perfect-Harmony-(Atmospheric-dnb-mix

Back
Top Bottom