DJ Vs Producer

Let's be honest a rave is what happened in the 90s in a woods somewhere that inevitably got shutdown by the police.

you take your political correctness and shove it up ur arse mate. DJing is a gig, ok?

You lot completely missed the point I was trying to make which was probably my own fault for not making it clearly.

Basically I was saying you can't compare a drum and bass set at a rave to a Kings of Leon gig as someone was doing as they are so different.

Yes

End of thread

This is a fact.

These days you have to be an all round artist. You can be the best bedroom DJ there is and play out at shitty little gig's with Hazard as the headliner but that's as far as it goes. Contributing musically by making good music & trying to help move things forward is the only way.

not exactly big in my book tho.

and burial is not a valid example here imo. hes not really making "dance" music.

so do you think subfocus or c&s would be were they are without having djed? dont think so...

Can you read a book?

Q-Project is one of the most prolific producers going back to like '93 odd.

and Total Science. Get to know mate!

This is a fact.

These days you have to be an all round artist. You can be the best bedroom DJ there is and play out at shitty little gig's with Hazard as the headliner but that's as far as it goes. Contributing musically by making good music & trying to help move things forward is the only way.

True but I think its important to have DJs pushing things forward aswell as producers, I thought you of all people would know that !

Seems to me anyway that the guys who have stuck around have really just done their own thing and done it for the love of the music. If you love DJing, then DJ, if you love producing, then produce, if you get famous or if you don't I wouldn't really get too stressed, as long as your enjoying yourself it doesn't really matter anyway

This thread did not start out to define the difference between a rave and a gig....

But I would say a gig is a gig, and a rave is a rave.

mr freek sir i do love your stuff atm, been droppin it on my radio slot and in my live sets, wake up (i think its called that) is going down a treat! big ups!

quality mate, glad ur feelin it, was having a crap day until i saw that comment so cheers mate

Friction's made some sick tunes, definitely some big collabs. Set It Off is massive!

Really?

This is just awful

classic tune, The friction remix is poor.

Raiden - fallin

and so is this

to name a few...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom