DJ Vapour

he reminds you of dilinja because he usses that same drums the dilinja uses, infact they all do. Jem One, Vapour, Ruffcut

not that thats a bad thing...just sayin

cant speak for jem and rough cut but i definatly dont use the same drums that dillinja uses (unless your talking about the amens which erm well try finding a dnb artist that has not used amen breaks)

my drums comprise of 1 shots recorded from drum kits that have been re eqed and messed with

the amen break i use is recorded by me off of a copy of the amen brother on vinyl and re processed into the sound i want

as for bass this is made on my akai sampler by sampling drum kicks from a 808 and mashing up with distortion through my desk then bouncing to the pc , splitting the eq up into 3 bands and applying varying degrees of distortion with one of 3 distortion plug ins (sometimes the sound gets resampled back into the akai again but thats only if i can be arsed)

i try not to use any samples that are taken from dnb tunes if i can (sometimes with remixes needs must :D )

i dont try to copy anyone in dnb i rarely listen to any new dnb these days as 80% of it is throw away shite (it gets hard to make music from the heart when all you hear is music made for money)

i draw most of my influence from old skool sets (mostly 92 - 94 era)

my old skool stuff mentioned b4 was made with my mate skink ( he makes ambient stuff on momt records) our myspace is www.myspace.com/thesubfusion

my myspace is www.myspace.com/vapourdj

for all new mixes join the website - www.36thchamber.co.uk

for dj bookings : 36thagency@gmail.com

thank you for all the kind words

vapour

cant speak for jem and rough cut but i definatly dont use the same drums that dillinja uses (unless your talking about the amens which erm well try finding a dnb artist that has not used amen breaks)

my drums comprise of 1 shots recorded from drum kits that have been re eqed and messed with

the amen break i use is recorded by me off of a copy of the amen brother on vinyl and re processed into the sound i want

as for bass this is made on my akai sampler by sampling drum kicks from a 808 and mashing up with distortion through my desk then bouncing to the pc , splitting the eq up into 3 bands and applying varying degrees of distortion with one of 3 distortion plug ins (sometimes the sound gets resampled back into the akai again but thats only if i can be arsed)

i try not to use any samples that are taken from dnb tunes if i can (sometimes with remixes needs must :D )

i dont try to copy anyone in dnb i rarely listen to any new dnb these days as 80% of it is throw away shite (it gets hard to make music from the heart when all you hear is music made for money)

my old skool stuff mentioned b4 was made with my mate skink ( he makes ambient stuff on momt records) our myspace is www.myspace.com/thesubfusion

vapour

Big up Vapour, keep up the good work and cheers for the link to Subfusion.

wow, massive respect for that info.... and big up yourself. keep up the good work.

wow, massive respect for that info.... and big up yourself. keep up the good work.

no probs i love talking about production (much to most of my mates dismay hahah)

i have been (slowly) writing a step by step dnb prodution tutorial for beginners on my websites production forum its in its early stages at the min but expect some more chapters to go up soon

you have to sign up b4 you can see the bit its in

www.36thchamber.co.uk

no probs i love talking about production (much to most of my mates dismay hahah)

i have been (slowly) writing a step by step dnb prodution tutorial for beginners on my websites production forum its in its early stages at the min but expect some more chapters to go up soon

you have to sign up b4 you can see the bit its in

www.36thchamber.co.uk

wicked, i'm all over this (y):)

vapour

icon_pray.gif

icon_pray.gif

icon_pray.gif

icon_pray.gif

icon_pray.gif

Back
Top Bottom