Dj Tundra - Mix and blend 100% vinyl

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
Ez people, this is my first recorded mix, few clangs here and there but overall I was quite happy with it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and I hope you all enjoy.

Mixed on - 2x Stanton T.62, Behringer NOX303 mixer

Track list:
Cabin fever UK - Memories ft Kevin Lee Roy
Malachai and Voltage - Bumbaclart
Icycle and Nymfo - Unbreakable
Need for Mirrors - Snubnose
Paul SG - The last ceremony (big bud remix)
BCee - Guilty
Xtrah - lost time ft Codebreaker
Chimpo - Buzzin
Detail and Tiiu - Days go by
TEED - Household Goods (Enei remix)

yeah big up man, ill give this a listen

- - - Updated - - -

You need to turn the trim down or something mate, it clips at times, that might be because im on shit apple ear buds but at times it does sound distorted

oh and can you put a TL in the soundcloud description? saves me from checking here

Gwaaaarn Dannyboy! 100% vinyl :slayer:

will definitely drop some thoughts and feedback for you mang.

cheers man

- - - Updated - - -

yeah big up man, ill give this a listen

- - - Updated - - -

You need to turn the trim down or something mate, it clips at times, that might be because im on shit apple ear buds but at times it does sound distorted

oh and can you put a TL in the soundcloud description? saves me from checking here

cheers man, will definitely put tracklist on soundcloud didn't even think of it haha, think its my recording tbh man, just listened back to it now and there a few nasty clips need to sort that shit out for next recording

Gave this a whirl today Danny - not bad for a first mix on vinyl.

I would definitely work on getting the clipping sorted. If the recording is too quiet you can boost it once you have finished the recording, which in turn would stop the clipping issues you have (and saves you worrying about it when recording) I almost stopped listening but gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Selection was good. Think the next step for you would be to attempt to "cue" your tracks. I.E 48, 32, or (if your feeling brave) 16 bars of a phrase before the drop etc etc. Makes for quicker mixing and keeps momentum going.

Once you recognise the cue points through practice you'll generally notice that most points I have just said about have a noticeable kick or break in the tune, so it can make it easier. However this is generally not the case with all intros, but once you get to know all your tracks you will work out which ones it is possible with.

I eagerly anticipate your next instalment!

Gave this a whirl today Danny - not bad for a first mix on vinyl.

I would definitely work on getting the clipping sorted. If the recording is too quiet you can boost it once you have finished the recording, which in turn would stop the clipping issues you have (and saves you worrying about it when recording) I almost stopped listening but gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Selection was good. Think the next step for you would be to attempt to "cue" your tracks. I.E 48, 32, or (if your feeling brave) 16 bars of a phrase before the drop etc etc. Makes for quicker mixing and keeps momentum going.

Once you recognise the cue points through practice you'll generally notice that most points I have just said about have a noticeable kick or break in the tune, so it can make it easier. However this is generally not the case with all intros, but once you get to know all your tracks you will work out which ones it is possible with.

I eagerly anticipate your next instalment!

Thanks for listening and the advice mate, will definitly have to turn it down so it doesn't clip next time. Do definitly need to work on cueing tracks, I felt the mixing was not quick enough and was overthinking beatmatching too much but that seems to happen everytime I record. I am aiming to try and record a new mix every two weeks/month so any feedback always appreciated man.

Thanks for listening and the advice mate, will definitly have to turn it down so it doesn't clip next time. Do definitly need to work on cueing tracks, I felt the mixing was not quick enough and was overthinking beatmatching too much but that seems to happen everytime I record. I am aiming to try and record a new mix every two weeks/month so any feedback always appreciated man.

No problem dude. Happy to help and give advice if I feel I can help.

(y)

I record internally through Serato but before that I used Adobe something, cant remember which one

Teddy recently posted how to record with audacity without clipping, can't remember which thread but I'll keep an eye out for it, might be worth asking him

I record internally through Serato but before that I used Adobe something, cant remember which one

Teddy recently posted how to record with audacity without clipping, can't remember which thread but I'll keep an eye out for it, might be worth asking him

Fair man, think it was my thread haha asked a few weeks ago and followed the advice but still fucking up, might try a different bit of software too make sure its not the connection

Back
Top Bottom