DJ Tundra - January 2014 mix - 100% Vinyl

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
EZ people, just recorded a new mix for the new year, hope you all enjoy. Any feed back and comments welcome as always.

Tracklist:
BCee - Our Time
Stealth & Altair - You do me wrong
Survival & Silent Witness - Visitation ft Klute
Need for Mirrors - Vimana
Minor Rain - Powerball
Gridlock & Prolix - Sociopath
Crtitcal Impact ft Jakes - Illa
Need for Mirrors & HLZ - Pantheon
Survival & Silent Witness - Noise 3
Icycle & Nymfo - Unbreakable
Frankee - Flintstone
Bladerunner - Spartan law VIP

thanks for checking this out guys, im quite new to uploading mixing so any advice/feedback is always appreciated

Nice opener with Our Time. Not heard that before and not usually my kinda tune, but really enjoyed the contrast between that and You Do Me Wrong. Gave me a little screwface with those dirty notes in the latter :) Visitation flowed nicely out, keeping the rolling nuero vibe going with some haunting hooks in the SS&K collab. Not heard Vimana in a mix in a while and haven't played it much since I bought it as Snubnose usually gets an airing. Bounce well with Visitation before Powerball swiftly begins making its entrance. Enjoyed the stabbing hooks in that :)

As Pantheon eases in on its own, I have a feeling that the mix with Noise 3 is going to suit it incredibly well, which it did when the 2 tunes sat together. A little bit of a coarse switch from Noise 3 to Unbreakable, but nothing that stood out. Enjoyed the melodies on the intro of Spartan Law vip coming in and enjoyed the mix of that and Flintstone even more, the basses of both taking their turn to talk in the mix was a quality touch for the finarlly in there. Also reminded me to get the original Spartan Law out for a spin this weekend :)

I really liked the flow you created in this mix. That stood out for me. All the tunes rolled well into one another, bring in another tune before the central breakdown in some cases, so where the previous tune might be easing down, the next tune is gearing up through the intro, keeping the energy building. I find this a different tack and a challenge to do to get the best out of both tunes, so I tend to steer away from it, but you done this well.

The EQ'ing in there was of a high caliber. No places where there were majorly bassy sections or quiet patches where one tune sat back a bit, so fairplay on keeping the gains and such at a constant through the ride. What set up are you rocking Danny, with regard to decks and mixer?

Nice opener with Our Time. Not heard that before and not usually my kinda tune, but really enjoyed the contrast between that and You Do Me Wrong. Gave me a little screwface with those dirty notes in the latter :) Visitation flowed nicely out, keeping the rolling nuero vibe going with some haunting hooks in the SS&K collab. Not heard Vimana in a mix in a while and haven't played it much since I bought it as Snubnose usually gets an airing. Bounce well with Visitation before Powerball swiftly begins making its entrance. Enjoyed the stabbing hooks in that :)

As Pantheon eases in on its own, I have a feeling that the mix with Noise 3 is going to suit it incredibly well, which it did when the 2 tunes sat together. A little bit of a coarse switch from Noise 3 to Unbreakable, but nothing that stood out. Enjoyed the melodies on the intro of Spartan Law vip coming in and enjoyed the mix of that and Flintstone even more, the basses of both taking their turn to talk in the mix was a quality touch for the finarlly in there. Also reminded me to get the original Spartan Law out for a spin this weekend :)

I really liked the flow you created in this mix. That stood out for me. All the tunes rolled well into one another, bring in another tune before the central breakdown in some cases, so where the previous tune might be easing down, the next tune is gearing up through the intro, keeping the energy building. I find this a different tack and a challenge to do to get the best out of both tunes, so I tend to steer away from it, but you done this well.

The EQ'ing in there was of a high caliber. No places where there were majorly bassy sections or quiet patches where one tune sat back a bit, so fairplay on keeping the gains and such at a constant through the ride. What set up are you rocking Danny, with regard to decks and mixer?

Thanks for checking the mix and the kind words mate, my set up ATM is 2 x Stanton T.62's and a Behringer NOX303 mixer, do want to upgrade to 3 T.62's and a xone92 soon hopefully

what did you do differently when recording this time?

sounds way better

Cheers mate, spent like an hour fucking about with audacity till I got it perfect and worked a fuck load on my eqing haha, should have really done that before I posted that first mix

Last edited:
Had a few listens to this already and I really like this mix. Rolling nicely all the way through, pretty much flawless EQ work, great selection obviously thought through as the tunes work really well together in each and every blend. Apart from a few secs when Panteon was coming in a tad off it was also technically spot-on.
Loved the opening mix as I really rate both of those tunes, Visiation with Vimana sounded pretty slick as well, great mixes with Illa and Flintstone > Spartan Law VIP got me bopping all around, big up mate! :)

Had a few listens to this already and I really like this mix. Rolling nicely all the way through, pretty much flawless EQ work, great selection obviously thought through as the tunes work really well together in each and every blend. Apart from a few secs when Panteon was coming in a tad off it was also technically spot-on.
Loved the opening mix as I really rate both of those tunes, Visiation with Vimana sounded pretty slick as well, great mixes with Illa and Flintstone > Spartan Law VIP got me bopping all around, big up mate! :)

Thanks for checking the mix mate, glad you liked the mix and the blend with visitation, just saw vimana in my vinyl box and had to drop it haha

got round to a proper listen, was really good man. having not listened to a mix of yours before i didn't know what to expect, but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nice selection of rollers, all fitted together well, eqing was pretty much spot on. Tiny few slips but nothing at all major.
One thing i would say is a few mixes, especially the last one, there was a little too much bass going on for me, need to cut out one slightly more to let the other sit better in the mix, but then tune to tune it changes.

Also some tunes i didn't know about which is nice, will be sure to check your next one mate

got round to a proper listen, was really good man. having not listened to a mix of yours before i didn't know what to expect, but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nice selection of rollers, all fitted together well, eqing was pretty much spot on. Tiny few slips but nothing at all major.
One thing i would say is a few mixes, especially the last one, there was a little too much bass going on for me, need to cut out one slightly more to let the other sit better in the mix, but then tune to tune it changes.

Also some tunes i didn't know about which is nice, will be sure to check your next one mate

Thanks for checking my mix and the advice mate, glad you enjoyed it. The bass was a bit too heavy on the last one think it was because went a bit too heavy on the bass when switching haha big up man

On the technical side of things pretty everything has been said so far, and yes it is an enjoyable mix with a really nice selection.
What you did with the Survival/Silent Witness titles was nice, love the titles and how you served them.

Hope your next mix will be a bit lengthier, keep it up man!

On the technical side of things pretty everything has been said so far, and yes it is an enjoyable mix with a really nice selection.
What you did with the Survival/Silent Witness titles was nice, love the titles and how you served them.

Hope your next mix will be a bit lengthier, keep it up man!

Thanks for checking it out and glad you enjoyed the mix mate. The survival/silent witness tunes have been my personal favourites to mix recently, got too many mixes with visitation haha, think this month will probably be going for an hour recording, will be checking your mix today man

Back
Top Bottom