DJ Tiesto

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by phillips11, Jun 8, 2009.

1. phillips11

phillips11 I've been naughty, I'm banned

Not overly a huge fan of this style of music but heard he's meant to be really good. Going on holiday and hes playing BCM week im there. Just wondered anybody seen him before and if so what they think? I know hes got a few well known tunes and I will be off my head so not overly bothered either way.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Gumby

Gumby New Member

rEaCh fOr TeH l4z0Rs MaNg

3. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Tiesto is quality, a mate caught him in Poland a while back and I seen him a few years ago, defo worth a watch for sure. Is that BCM in Magaluf?

4. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

most people on here wont like him, as they dont like trance. personally i think he is amazing and would love to see him live!

5. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

wicked DJ, seriously i would go. i've seen him a few times and ALWAYS buzzed more than a buzzing bee in a buzzer shop!

then again, i quite like trance........ (prepares for the abuse)

6. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

No abuse from me : )

I like majorities of music

7. phillips11

Yh it is mate, never been there before so looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to it although now massively into trance. Something different really aint it.

Lol at the claims that Tiesto did a 12 hour set and had 31 cans of red bull in 24 hours

8. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Haha, 12 hours and 31 cansa red bull wtf lol...

Yeah I like most music, obviously dnb is closest to my heart.. either way you will have a blinder, a lot of the bars will play certain music if you ask them to and the drink is cheap but what I found is that if you ordered a round they will bring you out another 2 for free, bargain. Take a pissed walk along the beach aswell and find the crazy gold the other side of the island its imense, its like a cross between a zoo and golfin course. Dunno what other things your plannin but try not to buy and shit from the looky looky men unless your plan is to rip them off 1st ; )

Have fun!

9. Yorkshire Tony

Tiesto did do a 12 hour set....... i've seen him do an 8 hr set before too

10. Dj Dirty Pimp

Dj Dirty Pimp Active Member

a true dj, not like the 30 min sets tha tjump up djs do lol. alot of the older trance/ dance / house djs do long sets every now and then.

he knows how to structure it as well, so those with stamina are raving, but not constantly exhausted.

11. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

did ya not get bored? man, nuff respect to the man, but if i was sat infront of him for 8 hours it would start to wreck me head...

everything is good in moderation and a few changes in style is essential in any night...

i hvae seen him before and he is good but 8 hours would bore me...and as for 12 hours, thats a marathon...clubs over here wouldnt even stay open for 12 hours.

12. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I found the 31 cans of red bull more amusin...... simple things

13. Yorkshire Tony

i didnt get bored once in the 8 hours no....... this is what i mean about Tiesto, he kept EVERYONE bouncing for the full 8 hours

14. phillips11

Lol ok will do mate

Yh its on wikipedia about the red bull lol, apparently its an unofficial world record

15. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

teh guy has teh moneys

16. Caoimhe***

Caoimhe*** Can you feel the bass?

was never a tiesto fan but was at his belfast date of his 2007 elements of life tour and it was one of the greatest nites out i have ever had, visualy amazing, the first hour or so of his set was done from behind a big screen where a like video game image of him playin the decks was projected onto it.. was amazin!

wouldnt go out of my way to see him like but i wouldnt turn down free tickets, if your into trance his sets are always gaurenteed to be full of the freshest uplifting stuff out there, but be ready to run and hide when adagio is dropped lol

17. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Its not unknown for Trance/House DJs to longer sets.... dnb is probably one of the only stlyes alongside dubstep maybe where DJs standardly only do 1 hour...

Tiesto is fukin sik mate.... most people ramp on about how trance is shit and gay blah blah blah.... GET OVER IT!! Trance is a fukin sik genre of music... and Tiesto is one of the biggest DJs in the world.... so i wouldnt pass an opportunity to see him....

18. Caoimhe***

x2 i saw him in ibiza last summer aswell at his nite in priviledge, and it was awsome!!
    i love trance, i hate it when people say they would hate goin to a trance event... trance energy was the most amazin thing ever this year!

19. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Ive seen Tiesto a few times in Ibiza over the years cant really remember them entirely but normally good.

But for long sets see Danny Tenaglia one of the best DJs out there, never seen him play less than an 8 hour set. Seen him do 15+ hours sets a few times probably the best sets Ive ever seen, never left the dancefloor once.

20. Caoimhe***

armin did a 9 hour set at armin only 2008 in holland it was unreal! big respect to the djs that do this!