DJ storm what can you tell me about her?

brum09

Basicly im curently totaly stuck in a proffesion that requires me to spend a lot of time away from the uk or even dry land so for a good portion of the year im somewhat deprived of my greatest love, D&B however when all hope was lost a ray of sunshine came my way, im going to be visiting a fairly pleasent location were il be granted 6 days off as soon as i found out i searched the net for drum and bass in the area at that time and to my delight i found an event 2 days after i get there but iv never heard of the dj leading the line up, its a female dj my the name of Storm has anybody heard of her and iff so can you enlighten me please? its possible iv heard her before and just don know it it sounds familiar. cheers for reading.. Brum

much aprieciated however im using a conection barely capable of sending this message and social networks are banned so myspace is out of the question im lucky to be usin this forum. so what do u know?:rinsed:

i can copy an paste the stuff from her myspace!lol

The biography of DJ Storm’s career has changed dramatically in the last few years. Tragically her best friend and DJ-ing partner, Kemistry, was suddenly killed in a car accident as they were returning from a gig in April 1999.

The pair were a unique and pioneering element in our scene, as the only female duo in the circuit, each with a strong identity which perfectly complemented eachother’s style. They were even quoted in interviews as saying they felt like one person, and there was not a moment they could imagine working separately.

Having the music beside her, Storm has found a way to carry on as an artist. As what she and Kemi shared, more than anything else, was this undeniable passion for drum’n’bass. So with her dubplates in hand, she continues the journey, with an angel in mind and the bass to keep her moving.

Extended biog:

The Djing career of Kemisty & Storm had progressed gradually over the years. They were first turned onto jungle in the early raving years, at the legendary UK club Rage at Heaven, listening to the inspiring tracks dropped by Fabio and Grooverider. They became obsessed with the music and clubbing lifestyle, and knew they had to be a part of it. Hence a passion was born and the girls were busying themselves, raving, buying tunes, and mixing. The partnership in d’n’b began and the outcome was Kemisty & Storm. At this time the girls also met a young artist by the name of Goldie, who they introduced to this new and futuristic sound. They began a friendship or a ‘trinity’ and built an empire along the way.

The empire began with the label, Metalheadz. Kemistry & Storm were an integral part of the uprising of this most-respected imprint, by recruiting artists, and working on press and promotion for the label. The girls were also residents at the Headz legendary club night at Blue Note in London, which to this day is thought to be the best Metalheadz venue in history. Not only that, but as jungle was evolving into drum’n’bass, the girls were spreading their wings as DJs at Speed, alongside residents Fabio and LTJ Bukem.

The duo became highly respected as DJs through their hard work, determination, respect and kindness, and of course their skills. They were becoming more and more popular in the DJ circuit and regularly played alongside heavy hitters or headlined their own gigs all over the world: from Europe to Australia, New Zealand, Japan, America, and of course the UK. Frequently playing in Germany the girls really felt a connection there. They had a high profile mix-CD released by German label K-7, which showcased their talent and unique mixing abilities and great selection, which in turn propelled their success to the next level. Sadly, soon after the promotional tour for the CD ended, and at the height of their career, the girls were involved in a motorway accident were Kemistry was tragically lost.

Not surprisingly, the best mate of Kemistry was unimaginably devastated. But what was a surprise to all of us was her ability to carry .. such a tragedy. After a couple months, Storm was back out there, for the first time traveling and performing on her own as a DJ. She even flew to Japan to do a couple gigs alongside Cleveland Watkiss, showing the world that she is beyond strong.

Now nearly 8 years after the tragedy, the First Lady of drum’n’bass is still here, not just surviving but rocking the decks worldwide, growing from strength to strength as a DJ and as a person. In addition to her big UK following, she is regularly rocking the decks in Germany, Italy, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, and visiting far reaching places like Spain, Latvia, Bulgaria, Iceland, Russia, Poland, Romania, Croatia and Macedonia. Beyond Europe, she is regularly touring in Australia, New Zealand and Japan, and the US & Canada.

Storm is still involved with her longtime affiliate, Metalheadz. She was also the press officer for Valve a few years back. In addition she has on several occasions lectured at the Red Bull Music Academy, where she was teaching young DJs just what it takes to be a d’n’b artist. The Academy flew her out to Sao Paolo, Brazil as well as Vienna and Zurich to have the lady represent the finest in d’n’b talent.

Recent projects in the last year were DJing for the Metalheadz 10 Year Anniversary Tour, and playing at her residency in London (Metalheadz) as well as her 2 guest residencies in Germany. 2005 has been a busy year, with a full booking diary both locally and abroad, and the ‘Winter of Content’ cd on Metalheadz mixed by DJ Storm and released in October.

2006 has seen Storm’s heavy touring schedule continue. Besides her many European gigs she ventured out of Europe twice. In May 2006 she toured Asia with visits in Japan, Thailand, Taiwan and Singapore. In November she returned to Australia and New Zealand to spread the Metalheadz vibe.

2007 will no doubt be another hectic year for Storm. Her diary is filling up nicely including her first ever gig in Seoul, South Korea and an invitation to play DJ Marky's prestigious 'Marky and Friends' night in London.

The First Lady of drum’n’bass may be blowing up the decks in your town soon.

cheers man, its not like im in a position to give a fuck anyway im gagin for a rave and this is my only option untill around christmas time lol :D

well she wont be shit if shes headlinin so shud be all good!lol

I opened for Ms Storm earlier this year. She did a good set, a lot of Metalheadz stuff as to be expected but also threw in a few random tunes I didnt expect like Everyday by Shy FX. Worth seeing.

I opened for Ms Storm earlier this year. She did a good set, a lot of Metalheadz stuff as to be expected but also threw in a few random tunes I didnt expect like Everyday by Shy FX. Worth seeing.

nice, im excited now the last time i raved was raveology 5th birthday back in april other than that iv just bin begging djs in shit bars in shit hole countrys to play dnb i even had a dj in africa playing tracks of my iphone lol desprerate times call for desperate measures.

Back
Top Bottom