dj starscream

jingle

i told you id post a thread about him

ill start off with the basics he spin jungle and drum and bass
hes from america and is on the label n20 (you might have heard of it)?
had any body heard of him or like hi music?

logikz said:
im not feeling the metal crossover thing at all, its just not what its about. the decepticon is wicked though

actually hte decepticon mix is not his he never did a song called that.
im not sure who did but there had been a mix up with who ever did that mix.

I really like DJ Starscream. I've only heard one of his tunes but his sets are a good mashup of Breakcore/dnb/metal which is right up my street; and I happen to be an old Slipknot fan too! :slayer:

I like a few tunes on N20.

Generally though, a lot of starscream's style stuff just sounds like noisy headbanging music to me. No funk or finesse.

The only set I've heard of his was the legendarily bad GCSS one though, so things could have improved.

ihurtchildren said:
I like a few tunes on N20.

Generally though, a lot of starscream's style stuff just sounds like noisy headbanging music to me. No funk or finesse.

The only set I've heard of his was the legendarily bad GCSS one though, so things could have improved.

I was there at Summer Soundsystem, yeah his set was appauling and was a shame that it was on the Valve.

I like some of Starscream's stuff but he should stick to what he does best, and unfortunately that's standing in the background for Slipknot.

could anyone tell me what happend at gatecrahser or where ever because no one seemed to like it and its stopped him from coming to england now.
also he dosent just stand in hte background
have you ever seen slipknot live he crazy.

but the thing he doesbest is dj drum and bass and more.
in fact djig for slipknot is new to him.
he was in a dj group long before sk and they go by the name spc i dont know if anyonesever heard os them.
but they used to dj at local raves in iowa and shit.
so yeah sk really new to him.

jingle said:
could anyone tell me what happend at gatecrahser or where ever because no one seemed to like it and its stopped him from coming to england now.
also he dosent just stand in hte background
have you ever seen slipknot live he crazy.

but the thing he doesbest is dj drum and bass and more.
in fact djig for slipknot is new to him.
he was in a dj group long before sk and they go by the name spc i dont know if anyonesever heard os them.
but they used to dj at local raves in iowa and shit.
so yeah sk really new to him.

At GCSS he severely clanged every track he mixed, some of them wern't even beatmatched, and he ragged the console around while brocking out on the top of the stage. I think he was doing something that he would have prolly usually done during a peaktime set in Iowa, but he was the first dj to play (at 4.00pm in the afternoon), everyone was sober and paying attention, and being on the Valve seemed to make it worse. He literaly got booed off when he finished, and afterwards if another dj did a bit of a clang or made a little mistake, the mc would say 'oi, you're having a bit of a Starscream moment there mate' as a stab at what had got on earlier. I just sat there and watched him fuck up from the doorway at the back of the tent.

As for Slipknot, yeah he was djing for a long time before that, but Slipknot is what he does best, I mean that's what he's famous for. If he was better at djing dnb we'd have all heard of him before Slipknot, but that's not true at all. Everyone knows him as that dj guy from Slipknot, and that's gonna follow him for a long time. And he is a background dj for them, he does little scratches and samples, and jumps around going crazy, but that is not THE main part of the band is it?
That's just my opinion, don't take it as divine law or something.

SLIPKNOT ??!!! WTF ...this metal and bass ...NO:knob:
I like some good metal. Slipknot isn't in that list. However Drum and Bass doesn't need to go all Aerosmith and Run DMC crossover on us...just cos there is a vst pluggin called slayer and everyone is using it !!!!
How crap does taht Metal rap stuff sound ...lame middle class soap dodgers screaming non senically down teh mic with 3 similar pricks behind them.....NO. At least some bands are genuainly talented !!!!!
Transformers...?? You sure he was closet ??!!! How did you suss ???? :miss_rep:

Starscream-1_400.jpg

Transformers seem to be a popular source for producer names, track names and dj names... a bit lame if i may say so.

Indi said:
At GCSS he severely clanged every track he mixed, some of them wern't even beatmatched, and he ragged the console around while brocking out on the top of the stage. I think he was doing something that he would have prolly usually done during a peaktime set in Iowa, but he was the first dj to play (at 4.00pm in the afternoon), everyone was sober and paying attention, and being on the Valve seemed to make it worse. He literaly got booed off when he finished, and afterwards if another dj did a bit of a clang or made a little mistake, the mc would say 'oi, you're having a bit of a Starscream moment there mate' as a stab at what had got on earlier. I just sat there and watched him fuck up from the doorway at the back of the tent.

As for Slipknot, yeah he was djing for a long time before that, but Slipknot is what he does best, I mean that's what he's famous for. If he was better at djing dnb we'd have all heard of him before Slipknot, but that's not true at all. Everyone knows him as that dj guy from Slipknot, and that's gonna follow him for a long time. And he is a background dj for them, he does little scratches and samples, and jumps around going crazy, but that is not THE main part of the band is it?
That's just my opinion, don't take it as divine law or something.

oh no man i totally respect you opinion everyone has there own opinions.
but havent you hear any of his new stuff?
have you given him another listen ?
also i know that him being the dj from slipknot is going to be with him for a while its actually a good seling point for him.
but this isnt a forum for metal its for drum and bass so i didnt want to say oh have you heard this dj from slipknot.
i try to sterr away from the fact that he is in slipknot.
you know to see if people do know what im on about and to see if people know him as starscream and not number 0.
do you know what im saying?
but yes i think hes com aong way from gate crasher and he has got better i mean hes working with some top drum and bass artists.

Back
Top Bottom