DJ SS - Black VIP/MA2 VIP - VIP001

DJAccess

Nice arrival in the post this morning, two of DJ SS's classic tracks get the remix treatment...

John B steps up on the A side to re-work black. With the familiar Whitney vocal hook and nasty bass growls the Drum and Bass scientist takes you on a trip down memory lane staying true to the original vibe whilst updating the track for the 2K2 dancefloor masses. Opening with a nice stepping intro with slight hints of the classic vocal, a distorted filtered rendition of the classic bassline build us up for the main drop and the
"GIVE IT TO ME BABYEE"
:D :D :D

This is the kinda John B that I like Up All Night style absolutely tearing One for the get the fuck out masses!!! I cant believe i havent heard anyone caining this on dub.

The second track on this remix package is MA2 remixed by Dread Recordings headman Ray Keith. A steady breaky intro with the classic trumpet hook intertwined. To be honest this remix sounds like it was done back in 94 along with the orginal. Doesn't really do it for me on 2K2 but it's a nice bit of nostalgia and may warrant a play on that merit alone.

Really love that Black VIP. John B man on form right now check also his remix for Adam F's Kaos project, coming to a screen near you soon.

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Originally posted by DJAccess
Nice arrival in the post this morning, two of DJ SS's classic tracks get the remix treatment...

John B steps up on the A side to re-work black. With the familiar Whitney vocal hook and nasty bass growls the Drum and Bass scientist takes you on a trip down memory lane staying true to the original vibe whilst updating the track for the 2K2 dancefloor masses. Opening with a nice stepping intro with slight hints of the classic vocal, a distorted filtered rendition of the classic bassline build us up for the main drop and the
"GIVE IT TO ME BABYEE"
:D :D :D

This is the kinda John B that I like Up All Night style absolutely tearing One for the get the fuck out masses!!! I cant believe i havent heard anyone caining this on dub.

The second track on this remix package is MA2 remixed by Dread Recordings headman Ray Keith. A steady breaky intro with the classic trumpet hook intertwined. To be honest this remix sounds like it was done back in 94 along with the orginal. Doesn't really do it for me on 2K2 but it's a nice bit of nostalgia and may warrant a play on that merit alone.

Really love that Black VIP. John B man on form right now check also his remix for Adam F's Kaos project, coming to a screen near you soon.

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

APB was playing this on cd two and a half years ago. Thought it was never being released.

Quality 12". Out this week on white........

Anyone know anything about Bailey's version with the "Sounds of the DJ Bailey....Bailey...Bailey!" sample??? Thats was fucking heavy man, I was hoping itd be on S-Files but theyve put another remix on there!

Originally posted by Mulla
Anyone know anything about Bailey's version with the "Sounds of the DJ Bailey....Bailey...Bailey!" sample??? Thats was fucking heavy man, I was hoping itd be on S-Files but theyve put another remix on there!

Waiting for the Twisted Individual Rollidge mix myself.

Bad tune.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Caution

Waiting for the Twisted Individual Rollidge mix myself.

Bad tune.

:thumbsup:

Oooooohhhhhhh!! :D :D When is that being sent out? Is it on the same VIP label?

Originally posted by Caution

Fair enough mate but how the hell are we mean't to know when Formation are gonna send the tunes out to the mailing lists?.

Ask a silly question, get a silly answer. :rolleyes:

Its a 'silly' question now issit?

I have not heard anyone mention a Rollidge Remix, you did, therefore I asked you for some more information :confused: I'll keep my 'silly' questions to myself from now on.

Originally posted by sdm

Its a 'silly' question now issit?

I have not heard anyone mention a Rollidge Remix, you did, therefore I asked you for some more information :confused: I'll keep my 'silly' questions to myself from now on.

Here we go again.............

Listen Stuuu, please stop getting so uptight. I wasn't having a dig at you, just pointing out that no-one is very likely to know when a forthcoming release from a label will be sent out to the mailing list. I bet that even if you gave the office a ring and spoke to the boys there they probably wouldn't be able to say when it'll surface. Theres just no telling these sort of things as its down to many different factors.

I know its forthcoming soon on a remix ep but thats about it mate.

Please, lets not go down this road again.............

Back
Top Bottom