DJ Sloof - my best set yet?

DJ Sloof

aka Sloofman :)
Not blowing my own trumpet (lol) I've got to say this is the best set i feel I've done in quite a few years , an I've been mixing since 96!!
Okay here goes this is the tracklisting and don't forget to tell me what you think......

1) Trust Me - Roni Size
2) Trouble - Roni Size & Die
3) Funktion - Ed Rush & Optical
4) Turbulence - Moving Fusion
5) Timing Mechanism - Die
6) Tough at the top Remix - Origin Unknown
7) Hopscotch - Roni Size & Krust
8) This World - Trend
9) Touch The Sky - DJ Ron
10) Unbeatable - Icicle & Nymfo
11) Naked Lunch - Ed Rush & Optical
12) Shades of Tomorrow - Icicle & Nymfo
13) Control Freak - Successful Criminals
14) Oh Gosh Remix - Mampi Swift
15) Round Table - Zero T & Beta 2
16) We Are The Angels - Subject 13
LINK:http://www.mediafire.com/?hmfh9cjtgnz
Big up Swoof & The DNB Mafia

Your too dark Sloof!! Too fuckin dark my selecta!!
Ace set mate!! Love it! Good mixin! Great classic tunes! Heavy Bredrin! Repect! :pimp::missile:

madmanross I salute you! Thankyou for your kind words and appreciation of the dark side
BDS I think you would love it mate - on listening back to it i think it's maybe a touch to slow but never mind....
This is a mix for those who know the real deal dark side drum and bass vibe - no shitty gimmiks naff Pendulum noises or wack over the top basslines with no bottom end . THE BASS MUST RUMBLE IN THE BELLY OF THE BEAST JUMP UP GRAB YOU BY THE BOLLOX WITHOUT YOU EVEN FUCKING NOTICING UNTIL YOU'VE DANCED YOUR LEGS TO STUMPS
I thank you

Ill give it a listen in a bit, i havent heard many of the tunes either as far as i know. Should be good :)

Aarrgghhhhhh memories of yesteryear!! Big tunes that still do the bizness even now. Proper dark DnB tunes, without the "wobble wobble" flavour (THANK GOD!!!!)

Nice tight mixing as well. Nice all round set.

Sorry it took me a day to listen to it, but review is here now!

The actualy mixing on it is quality with some buff switches, the only problem for me was the tunes. Its not really the kinda music i love but i think the mix itself was quality.

EDIT: The tune selection was sick though! Loved the transitions, just not 100% keen on the style.

Aarrgghhhhhh memories of yesteryear!! Big tunes that still do the bizness even now. Proper dark DnB tunes, without the "wobble wobble" flavour (THANK GOD!!!!)

Nice tight mixing as well. Nice all round set.

Cheers mate, yeah you can't go wrong with some of the classics! I think it's good to get these tunes out every now and then to remind people of the fundamental elements of drum and bass and how exciting it can be...
:D

Also big respects to Saint , thanks for your review bruv. Yeah i can understand why this mix might not be everyones cup of tea, I'd be the first to admit I have an unusual taste in drum and bass!
Big love to everyone who downloaded my mix it's great to know what people think and I'll try and chuck another one up very soon....

Last edited:
Big bruv, Very Big, makes me think of my days of getting mashed round the local dealers house haha

Back
Top Bottom