DJ Sloof is here!!!

DJ Sloof

aka Sloofman :)
Hey hey ! wa gwaan? Shouts to all junglists ---

tis I Mr DJ Sloof from Exeter City....
Just like to say thanks to Noisemonkey for mentioning this site to me it looks like my kinda place!!

Just a bit about myself....

I got into drum and bass mid '94 after discovering Bukem's Dreamscape 10 set ( discussed on this site strangely enuff ) and yes it was bloody annoying cos Conrad's mike was way too loud... even so the class shone through
and after having my head pounded by hardcore I was now on the drum and bass path!

I started dj'ing in 1996 on a pair of dex with no pitch control bought from a charity shop for £15 each!

My first tune purchased was Alex Reece's " Feel the Sunshine " when all was jazzy

I lived in Stroud at the time and frequented the Brunel Rooms in Swindon. Now there's a venue! still open I believe...

Am living in Exeter at the mo and occasionally play out, in the process of trying to do an old skool jungle nite but lovin the new stuff just as much.....

Get in touch it would be great to exchange mixes and views on tha scene

Here's a mix byt myself to get you started !

http://www.mediafire.com/?domjampvo9kBIG UP Y'SELF!!!

:0)

Hey thanks man glad you like it! I just love mixing old skool flavas it's a lot of fun chopping it about....
We should do a back to back set - I think both our names on a flyer would confuse everybody!!!

Hey thanks man glad you like it! I just love mixing old skool flavas it's a lot of fun chopping it about....
We should do a back to back set - I think both our names on a flyer would confuse everybody!!!

LOL THAS WAT I WAS THINKIN...ID AV TO BRUSH UP PON MY MIXIN THO BRO..LOL

Thanks! I'm now gonna check your mix sir and i will report back ....
What's happening in Stroud these days drum and bass wise? might be before your time but i remember i played my first gig in the Zone the back bit of the old Peli... i was bricking it!!! i was only about 15!! Also played jojo's although that's changed now as well . I remember Mampi Swift came down and there was literally 10 people on the dancefloor! wtf!?
Used be a pretty good free party scene as I recall up on edge common - any good outdoor parties over the summer?

jo jo's has turned into riga now and some promoters called bassix hold drum 'n' bass and breakz nights pretty much every week. last sat was mampi. two weeks before was dillinga, before that hype. and in 2 weeks time hazard and after that andy C so the scene in stroud is really looking up at the mo.
as for the free party's this year hasn't been particularly good due to the shit weather but there's been 4 or five in aston down (i played at a couple) and there's been a few up at box caves just above nailsworth. they were actually in the caves last time, i walked in with a record bag looked at the ceiling and got the fuck out of there. i wasn't risking me (and my records) just to play out to a couple of dozen people.
any feedback on the mix is appreciated cos evertime i post a mix i get 30 views and 1 comment (and that's usually from someone i know). cheers sloof :2thumbs:

Cool glad to hear strouds getting lively on the drum and bass tip. Are they well attended? cos i didn't blame people for not going to jojo's it was a shit hole! ha ha
as for your mix my computer only managed to download the first five minutes but i will try again and get back to you. I think it might be better if you made the file an mp3 cos then it's playable on more applications but i may be wrong......there are plenty of free converters on the internet :0)

tru see wat ur sayin bout the sound n ting....heavy heavy mix AGAIN bro..

much respect for bringin ur mixes to this site...cant wait to here mo ov ya rinseoutz!!!!!

yeah and it was done in my mates bloody studio as well! cheers guys lol
Glad you like the mix again - I'll keep stickin them up for you fellas....
I'm a bit of a perfectionist so never completely happy with my mixes but i guess thats the same for most dj's...

Back
Top Bottom