DJ Simm - 15 Years Of DJ Simm (15 Years Of D&B)

iamdjsimm

VIP Junglist
http://iamdjsimm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/15-years-of-dj-simm-15-years-of-drum.html

1996 - 2011 mix - Grab it above!

1. Doc Scott - The Unofficial Ghost
2. Cybotron Feat. Dillinja - Threshold
3. Goldie - Kemistry (Grooverider VIP)
4. Jonny L - Piper
5. Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix)
6. Capone - Friday
7. Krust - Warhead (Ram Trilogy Remix)
8. Bad Company - The Pulse
9. Cybotron - Nasty Ways
10. Digital - Deadline
11. Calibre - Fire & Water
12. Marcus Intalex & ST Files - Love & Happiness
13. Influx Datum - Back For More
14. Marcus Intalex & ST Files Vs High Contrast - 3AM
15. Fierce & Cause 4 Concern - Carrier
16. Dillinja - Crunch
17. dBridge & Vegas - True Romance
18. High Contrast - Racing Green
19. Marcus Intalex - Afrikaa
20. dBridge - Loves Ugly Child
21. Calibre - Mr Right On
22. Alix Perez & Specific - Just Memories
23. Commix - Be True
24. Breakage - Clarendon
25. Lynx & Alix Perez - Allegiance
26. D Kay & Lee - Wax'd VIP
27. Spectrasoul - 4 Points
28. S.P.Y - Moving In Circles
29. Genotype - Justice Over Law
30. Ulterior Motive - 2098
31. Dub Phizix - Shakedown
32. Loxy & Resound - Vertigo

loved it simm.
selection was right up my street. a nice evolution timeline of deep vibes i thought.
especially as u didn't go for all of the obvious classics that have been rinsed far too much.
u could argue with tracklists for this till the cows come home, its all preference but i thought it was spot on.
early dillinja, fire and water, carrier, piper, back for more. hearing claredon and alegiance again was a personal highlight.

the mixing was safe too. all blends were clean and tidy and a few nice doubles in there too. justice over law > 2098? was wicked!
liked the way you let all the tracks roll out too, letting them speak for themselves.

really impressed mate. urge everyone to rock this.

loved it simm.
selection was right up my street. a nice evolution timeline of deep vibes i thought.
especially as u didn't go for all of the obvious classics that have been rinsed far too much.
u could argue with tracklists for this till the cows come home, its all preference but i thought it was spot on.
early dillinja, fire and water, carrier, piper, back for more. hearing claredon and alegiance again was a personal highlight.

the mixing was safe too. all blends were clean and tidy and a few nice doubles in there too. justice over law > 2098? was wicked!
liked the way you let all the tracks roll out too, letting them speak for themselves.

really impressed mate. urge everyone to rock this.

Mate I really appreciate the feedback. I was originally planning for it to be a full on mash up but thought if I'm representing tunes / eras's then the tunes need to be played out so to speak. You can't cut love & happiness short or miss the middle drop of unofficial ghost out!

Thanks again though mate!

I'm tempted to a second one but with more obscure / unknown tracks. I've never been about 100% anthem bashing!

A couple of the mixes I wasn't too happy with but I didn't think they were bad enough to start again!

This is a fine fine mix, very tight and the mixes were large, all kicked off well, loved Piper >> Medicine, and then after that was just bangin
The way The Pulse came in sounded wicked, thought Nasty Ways came in abit hard though, was rollin from there, then Love & Happiness came on and iv wanted to know who that is for ages.. and sounded great going into Back For More and then Carrier came in and i was ready to jump out my seat !
The True Romance drop was killer after that was just perfect, Afrikaa , Clarendon , Wax'd VIP all classics for me.
Ended really nicely, didnt feel it had been two hours at all.. now need to check your crazy next mix

looks excellent

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

and proper id3 tags too, i'm bowled over

this is one of those mixes i'm gonna keep for a long time, such replay value. fantastic mix man i've got your blog bookmarked too. massive respect

Back
Top Bottom