DJ Siege Tracks x3

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by DJSiege, Jun 21, 2006.

1. DJSiege

DJSiege DJ Siege

www.myspace.com/djsiegeuk

A few tracks to listen to. They're not complete, but are quite close to what I intended. Reasonable force is a jump up sort of thing. I like the breakdown and atmospherics, jury's out on the drop though. Total War is a AI/Logistics inspired track. Wouldn't call it liquid, but a bit of roller. Black widow is the same but darker.

The production isn't over complicated, and the mp3 compression makes them sound a bit weak.

Let me know what you think.

Nice One

2. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

Re: PLEASE LISTEN!!!!!

Total War: ***
    Was sounding real nice until that bassline came in - not liking the synth or the riff i'm afraid!.. lets the tune down a bit. Drums are good and atmosphere is lovely :)

Reasonable Force: ****
    Once again, everything is excellent until the bassline comes in, it doesn't quite sit right for me.... i'm sure lots of people would love it though! The identity of the tune perhaps needs to shine through a bit more, but your confidence in production is great!

Black Widow: ***
    Real nice atmosphere... lovin' it! Sadly i'm not feeling the bass again, the synth is nothing new... sounds like a preset. Another great track though... i think you just need to work on synthesizing real nasty neuro basslines...

Good stuff (y)

3. DJSiege

DJSiege DJ Siege

Cheers for those comments, you've summed up what i've been struggling with for a while. Always had trouble with the synth side of things. Drums seem to work, as do the atmosphere and pads, and the arrangement comes off DJ friendly. Just can't get the synth and bass to sit right.

Cheers again, always good to actually get constructive criticism.

4. sook

sook Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  5. iLL Omen

iLL Omen Beat Chemist

Sounds like your arrangments are on point, i would just work more on making the larger overall elements sound more original. Sounds like a lot of "stock" synth and samples. Keep doing it man.