DJ Shadow: on the internet and piracy

He's got some valid points, but he seems to be getting rinsed by his own fans in the comments....

This is a really good read ... best of luck to him ... at least drum and bass will always have a massive (and predominantly) underground following, where as judging from his comments, the underground hip hop scene is slowly dying, and I think we can all agree the "overground" hip hop scene is pretty laughable nowadays

It seems to be a similar situation all round, as far as "dance" music is concerned, I remember growing up to the breakthrough sounds of Daft Punk and Rodger Sanchez, where as now I'm bombarded with the latest Basshunter or Cascada tune, of which there is absolutely nothing groundbreaking about as every new release is a carbon copy of the previous one

I just hope SOME ONE comes along and prolificly smashes the commercial charts with GOOD music, giving the world a much needed kick up the ass and reminding everyone why good music is good music

AND / OR

I hope that both talented currently "commercially active" artists (Beyonce / Jay-Z / La Roux / Florence & The Machine etc?) and breakthrough "underground" artists (Chase & Status / Nero / Spor remixes etc?) continue to display their raw talent for making GOOD music in the commercial world, to such an extent that eventually, crap music can finally be identified as crap music and just isn't acceptable anymore ... please God may this be the case ... I'm so tired of this shit on MTV lol

"I’ll fight on against any institution or prevailing thinking that seeks to dictate to me how and when the music I make is to be disseminated."

FAIR PLAY!!!

Back
Top Bottom