DJ Set Times - Too Short???

freeagent

Almost 30
VIP Junglist
Was just thinking this as I read the line-up for the TOV night:

Why are there 8 dj's playing 1-hour sets (excepting the B2B set)??? Won't they mostly just be dropping the same tunes over and over?

Why don't they let 4 of the better techinical dj's do 2-hour sets for these nights, or even just drop a few names and let the 2 main dj's do 2-hour sets so that they can spread out a bit?

Thoughts:

People just aren't that organised i don't reckon. Too much inconsistancy in line up's is blatently gonna cause problems. Also why have 4 djs when u can have 8 (makes the night look much phater and appeal to more peeps. Sall about the money. (n)

when i was chattin to storm on saturday she was saying that in europe they get about 5 hours sometimes!!! that'd be cool.

im fed up of all these back to back bollox things when u have 2 djs in one hour..cant be good!

its all hype for nowt! bring back 3 hour sets! i would love to see fresh or groooverider do a 3 hour set...just everything right across the board!

thatd be soooo much better

By giving a wide variety of djs they appeal to a wider range of people. If there was only 4 djs on the lineup then not as many people come,just people that rate those 4. Too big a risk for the promoters i suppose

I'd much rather hear four 2 hour sets than 8 one hour sets. Not likely to happen at raves though because it won't pull in the punters. It's a shame that a lot of people have the mentality that a night won't be any good unless it has the biggest name DJs because they aren't always the best.

One of the best Movements I've been to in a long time was just Ruffstuff, Marky, Intalex & Bryan Gee playing for 2 hours each. Was so refreshing to not hear the same tune more than twice in the night.

I think longer sets are really more for club night for the headz rather than raves :2thumbs:

exactly man!!! im am soo fed up with 8 djs in 8n hours all playing the same fukin tunes!! all getting rewinds for the same tunes...the mixin is boring cos its all about the drops and it just pisses me right off !!

if i had enough money id put on a night with DJ's doing at least 2 hour sets....dont underestimate the crowd...they can get into a lot of different sounds you know!!! its like why cant u have calibre, tech itch and twisted ind' tunes all in one set. This can only happen with longer sets! if people would just wise up!!! the mixin is much better in longer stes and is more interetsing wheras shorter sets with people like ...(no names mentioned but think ur average salmmin vinyl line up, ) just mix a few jump up tunes that have been ragged, to death all mixin them to the break and then bang droppin it...so on and so on..its when u get longer stets that people mix past the break and begin to create some really great mixes...its all about remixing...remeber that!!!

but yeah.....longer fukin sets nowwww! :grrrrr:

I listen to alot people's music & see people like Sasha & Digweed were doing 3 hour sets & promoters were actually catering soley around this 1 epic set. You maybe had 2 or 3 dj's & the rest of the night was dedicated to the long one. I would love to see a d&b artist play more than 1 hour & it not be Andy C for once (not that I hate seeing him play 2 hours he's a supremo behind the decks)

Funny isn't it most people want to see longer sets but promoters probably won't respond to this demand because they want it to look like the've got loads of big names bLAH BLAH BLAH.....

1 AND 1/2 TO 2 Hours gives the dj far more scope to introduce variety in to their set and this can only be a good thing.

Im all up for longer sets by djs that i like, but if i was forced to sit through 2 or more hours of some shitter, itd do my head in, but i can just about bear 1 hour of shitness. So in conclusion i dont really know what id prefer.... pretty pointless reply really

Back
Top Bottom