DJ Sequence - Baby Grey Bristol

t345e

VIP Junglist
Ez all,

It's been fucking ages... maybe a year I can't remember. I'v been listening to other music for a little bit but feel firmly back in the game with dnb now. It's always good to have a little break. I'm all excited about dnb again. yay. Anyway so on 2 decks as my 3rd deck and mixer both decided to die on me in THE SAME weekend a few months back. I bought myself an xone 92 on finance though for my birthday so things aren't looking too shabby. The mix is a bit scruffy towards the end but kinda happy with it. Let me know if you dig any of the mixes.

Baby Grey Bristol - just chose the title because I like the mix. I also live in Bristol and it was a grey day and my Mrs is expecting. I've also changed my name to Dj Sequence. I lied about the baby.

Much love.​

Black Sun Empire - Monologue (Ulterior Motive Remix) [Blackout]
Hive - Neo (Audio Remix) [Ram]
Mefjus & Icicle - Contemporary [Critical]
Hybris, Quadrant, D-Struct & Iris - Graphene [Dispatch]
June Miller - Operation Ivy [Ram]
Maztek - Slinky [Renegade Hardware]
Break & Mikal - Status Low [Metalheadz]
Quadrant - Spinout [Commercial Suicide]
Optiv & BTK - Tapout [Dispatch]
Mindscape - Ratpack [Eatbrain]
Bladerunner - Lock Off [Chronic]
Fields - Colours [Utopia]
Emperor - Control [Critical]
Hazard - Time Tripping [Playaz]
Dub Phizix - The Clock Ticks [Critical]
Phace - Electronic Frontier [Neosignal]
Maztek - Imaz [Renegade Hardware]
Dom & Roland - Outta Endz [Metalheadz]
Misanthrop - Deadlock [Neosignal]
Mefjus & Inside Info - Repentance [Critical]
Cern feat. Receptor - Formless [Renegade Hardware]
DLR, Hydro, Mako & Villem - The Formula [Dispatch]
Technimatic - Bristol [Shogun Audio]
Ivy Lab - Baby Grey [Critical]
Eastcolors - Toys [Program]​

Listened to this yesterday. Thought it flowed really well throughout, can't really remember to comment on individual parts but as a whole it's definitely something I'd listen to again

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I remember the opening mix, that was sick

ok so i haven't listened to this yet but how did you put this mix up 2 days ago and Baby Grey just came out on Yesterday?
is this vinyl and you got the white label?

aight just finished. just want to say the trak list is huge ... I love all of these traks and own a lot of them. yes some of the mixes fell off but you fixed them rather quick so i didn't mind and as always it lets u kow that u are working for the mix and i like that. The only thing i would say is that sometimes it sounded a little rushed...maybe settle into a mix here and there and let it ride ya know. All in all i really like it mang.
On a side note do u think there is something weird with Spinout? I have that trak and everytime i play that shit i swear i have them locked and then the beat comes in mid way on the 2nd break and i have to fix it. Just wondering.
also don't want to seem like an asshole for asking about the Critical traks i was just wondering if there was a way to get the traks early that i didn't know about.

- - - Updated - - -

What is Surus?

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind i just googled it

Yes Trevor! Glad to have you back, looking forward to give this a spin :)

Cheers buddy, I hope you like. Massive props on the eatbrain comp - that mix was fucking heavy mate!!

^ yes definitely been far too long Trev.

Will be checkin' this out.

Thanks Stu, hope you're well dude.

why hello there

Hi man.

ok so i haven't listened to this yet but how did you put this mix up 2 days ago and Baby Grey just came out on Yesterday?
is this vinyl and you got the white label?

AS FG says below mate :) it was out for a couple of days before the mix was recorded.

Baby Grey was out for good 10 days at least already. At least off Surus anyway.

aight just finished. just want to say the trak list is huge ... I love all of these traks and own a lot of them. yes some of the mixes fell off but you fixed them rather quick so i didn't mind and as always it lets u kow that u are working for the mix and i like that. The only thing i would say is that sometimes it sounded a little rushed...maybe settle into a mix here and there and let it ride ya know. All in all i really like it mang.
On a side note do u think there is something weird with Spinout? I have that trak and everytime i play that shit i swear i have them locked and then the beat comes in mid way on the 2nd break and i have to fix it. Just wondering.
also don't want to seem like an asshole for asking about the Critical traks i was just wondering if there was a way to get the traks early that i didn't know about.

- - - Updated - - -

What is Surus?

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind i just googled it

Cheers man thanks for taking the time to listen and get back to me, I really appreciate it. Not particularly tight in parts towards the end. I've just not been practicing for ages so have fallen a bit off the boil. I wanted to record something because it makes me focus. It's weird, if im at home on my own I just fuck about and dont really give a fuck about being tight. Just in it for the different combinations of tracks rather than how tight the mix is. The second I press record I go into concentration mode. Anyway im chatting shit..

Spinout - I can't say I've noticed that man to be honest. Fucking sick tune though. I think Quadrant is probably my favourite producer at the moment. Loving his style.

No worries about asking man ;)

really enjoyed this mix, really good selection and the mix flowed through nicely, favourite parts had to be control into time tripping, those tunes worked too well together really nice mix haha, next one had to be imaz into outta endz, it was a solid mix and I find outta endz a cunt to mix myself so that showed me it can be done nicely haha, best part for me though had to be deadlock into repentence, that mix was durrty as fuck haha, big up on this mix mate will definitlly be giving this a few more listens

Back
Top Bottom