DJ Rubs - January 2010 Mix

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Easy all, been exactly a year since I started mixing so I decided to drop by a mix. Didn't go quite as well as I expected to be honest, but it's not too bad either so I just thought I'd upload it since I don't have the chance to record a mix often. All advice and feedback is welcome, and I'd love to hear what you thought of the mix. Starts off in a slow liquid manner and then kind of progresses into more jump up/dancefloor tunes.

http://dnbshare.com/download/rubsjanuary2010.mp3.html

Zero T - Refusal (Calibre Rmx)
Alix Perez - Melanie
Roni Size - It's A Jazzy Thing (Utah Jazz Rmx)
Calibre - Drop It Down
Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break Rmx)
Noisia - Crank
Lynx & Kemo - Dangerous
Alix Perez feat. Sabre - Solitary Native
Lenzman - Emeralds
Commix - Be True
Netsky - Come Back Home
Culture Shock - Gears
Spectrasoul - Peninsula
Sub Focus - Let The Story Begin
>>> The Qemists - Stompbox (Spor Rmx)
DJ Hype feat. J Majik & Wickaman - Rollin It
Break - Traits (Rmx)
DJ Oder - Night Vision
Original Sin - Overfiend
Heist - Spidersville
Callide - Another Rhythm Journey
Interface - Get Lo
Commix feat. Nextmen - Change
Distorted Minds feat. DJ Hazard - Ho Bass
Original Sin - Pimp Dont Limp
Brookes Brothers - Crackdown (Shock One Rmx)
Chase & Status - Smash TV
Break - Isis
Ed Rush & Optical - Alien Girl
DJ Fresh - Tomb Raider​

Size: 64 Mb

All recorded on vinyl

Last edited:
Not bad for mixing for a year! Got a bit messy in places. Some of the cuts you did were cool but sometimes it seems like you got carried away with it, like on 'Smash TV'.
The power down after Penisula was cool and so were the crossfades you threw in I thought. Some mixes that stood out for me were:

Calibre - Drop It Down

Lenzman - Emeralds
Commix - Be True
(even though this one got messy you can tell they work well together)

Original Sin - Overfiend
Heist - Spidersville

Interface - Get Lo

Good work man keep it up!

Last edited:
Not bad for mixing for a year! Got a bit messy in places. Some of the cuts you did were cool but sometimes it seems like you got carried away with it, like on 'Smash TV'.
The power down after Penisula was cool and so were the crossfades you threw in I thought. Some mixes that stood out for me were:

Calibre - Drop It Down

Lenzman - Emeralds
Commix - Be True
(even though this one got messy you can tell they work well together)

Original Sin - Overfiend
Heist - Spidersville

Interface - Get Lo

Good work man keep it up!

cheers mate, like I said the mix didn't go all that well since I haden't played much the days before I recorded it.. if it were 1 week ago it would have probably been much better

as for the cuts, i usually dont use them much, I abused them on smash tv cause I had a friend near me when I was recording it and was explaining it to him

cheers for the feedback!

Ez Rubs,

Sorry it took me so long to comment man.
Had a listen this morning, and it is a huge improvement from your last one. Beat matching has really improved, a couple of slip ups here and there but nothing to terrible.
Like the way it built up nice and chilling into the harder stuff.

Really liked

Noisia - Crank
Lynx & Kemo - Dangerous

Be True is a fucking nightmare to DD but you managed to rectify it pretty quickily so well done man.

Netsky - Come Back Home
Culture Shock - Gears

Was wicked as well, all the tunes seemed to fit together well so and it seemed to flow really nicely.
My only real critisism is the peninsula >> Story Begin mix, would have liked to hear you try and bridge over from Liquid to Dancefloor somehow.

Wassnt really feeling the Pimp Dont Limp >> Crackdown mix seemed like there was a bit too much going on at some points. And also wasnt really a fan of the cutting during Smash TV. I duno man just sounds a bit gimmickey to me.
Hope I haven't sounded like too much of a twat. You really have improved man, and for a years mixing this is very solid.

Ez Rubs,

Sorry it took me so long to comment man.
Had a listen this morning, and it is a huge improvement from your last one. Beat matching has really improved, a couple of slip ups here and there but nothing to terrible.
Like the way it built up nice and chilling into the harder stuff.

Really liked

Noisia - Crank
Lynx & Kemo - Dangerous

Be True is a fucking nightmare to DD but you managed to rectify it pretty quickily so well done man.

Netsky - Come Back Home
Culture Shock - Gears

Was wicked as well, all the tunes seemed to fit together well so and it seemed to flow really nicely.
My only real critisism is the peninsula >> Story Begin mix, would have liked to hear you try and bridge over from Liquid to Dancefloor somehow.

Wassnt really feeling the Pimp Dont Limp >> Crackdown mix seemed like there was a bit too much going on at some points. And also wasnt really a fan of the cutting during Smash TV. I duno man just sounds a bit gimmickey to me.
Hope I haven't sounded like too much of a twat. You really have improved man, and for a years mixing this is very solid.

many thanks mate, really appreciate the feedback

great mix man enjoyed it a lot.. a great selection there bro! especially liked the first part the more techy deeper vibes but the whole thing was great =)

think Nuera outlined the best mixes! look forward to more mixes from you mate.. keep doing your thing

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom