DJ RITUALS

robhicks1

Nuts about Zoo
VIP Junglist
I was just wondering does anyone else have a little ritual before a big mix. For example I like to make sure my kit is fairly clean and dust free and then I get myself a nice drink before lining up my record boxes and letting the flow begin lol.
Anyone else go through anything like this? :lol:

B1aDe

Hear me now!
turn the sounds off on my pc and begin recording it has been the ritual since i got my pc hooked up then listen back after to see what sounds good or not

robhicks1

Nuts about Zoo
VIP Junglist
turn the sounds off on my pc and begin recording it has been the ritual since i got my pc hooked up then listen back after to see what sounds good or not
What every set? Ive never really done that. I bet it helps though lol. I really should put more effort in to the small details. Does it help to see what your cuts and blends sound like?

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
definatly. also if you do a sweet mix you're always going to remember it! has helped in the past before. stuff that sounds goods when you're mixing, sometimes doesn't when you step back from it. i try to record a fair bit now.

otherwise, yeah. i always pour a long drink. but often forget about til i'm done mixing as it's placed behind me.

i more than likely have the lights often and put my soft yellow lamp on. seem to mix better with a cap on for some reason!?

B1aDe

Hear me now!
Yeah basicly i've only been mixing since mid jan so i thought this would be a good way of seeing whats good and what aint....... i will get a mix up on here some point soon and people can have a listen and see whats decent and what aint

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
When I'm playing out, I need a couple of drinks to get a flow going. I don't get drunk though. Not professional.

HOWEVER I've played a couple of sets with friends I don't remember at all! Supposedly quite well.

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
When I'm playing out, I need a couple of drinks to get a flow going. I don't get drunk though. Not professional.

HOWEVER I've played a couple of sets with friends I don't remember at all! Supposedly quite well.
yeah. i find like a beer, maybe two and it just all seems to come together a lot better. seem a bit more in tuned to whats going on.

Greg P

VIP Junglist
At home - turn the lights down low, skin up, pour a big long drink...

Out - Couple bottles of beer before I start! That's it though, just 2, and not even pints

YOUNG TUNA

IT'S ME BITCHES
VIP Junglist
Yea yea especially if you're recording then few beers is a must! Get's you relaxed and yeah I always smoke before mixing too for the same reasons. Hahah and riisu i feel you blad i think i mix better with my cap on too :teeth:

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
i don't smoke bud anymore. but there isn't a time im miss it more than when i'm having a flex. it's almost the perfect combination.