DJ Rates

bullets12

I've just started DJing out in clubs and am supporting some pretty well known names in the coming months - however ive recently been contacted by a promoter who wantsme to play at one of his nights and he's asked my what my rate would be for a 2 hour set. Since I havent been asked this before, I was wondering what the average rates are for drum and bass DJs in the scene so I can have some sort of idea as to what to base mine around. Obviously it won't be as much as the big names since Im just starting out haha, just want a rough idea. cheers!!

start out at like a millions an hour an when they say no work your way down slowly till about 50-100 pound:teeth:

honestly? no more that £150. you should be looking to build your name rather than making money at this time.
most people would do it for free if it got them exposure.

honestly? no more that £150. you should be looking to build your name rather than making money at this time.
most people would do it for free if it got them exposure.

agreed, thats what I was thinking of doing, and I've actually done a lot for free...but since this is the first promoter that's asked me about my 'rates' I thought I'd go along with it haha

surely depends on the venue and how many people attend etc..

just talk to him, ask him what he would pay etc. just negotiate - isnt that hard.

although were in the same position most times, just not knowing what we could ask for really.

yeah fair point mate. just didn't want to come across as a cunt to him so I thought I'd try and get some sorta idea haha...cheers though.

Say £100 and free entry for like 10 mates. That way youve already got some fans in the crowd without even doing your first mix.

could say pay my expenses ie petrol, a few drinks and if he wants to give you a bonus on the night depending if the venues rammed and hes made a packet....that why you cant lose, you get to play out, it costs you nothing and if the nights a winner you get a nice little bonus.....this year things haave took of for me bookins wise but im still yet to make any money....it doesnt bother me tho cos the minute i'm dropping my first tune money is the last thing im thinnking of...i just love playing out.....then sayiong that we all gotta eat i spose and there are some greedy promoters out there.

Back
Top Bottom