Dj Randall - Orange At The Rocket 1992

thehunter

I bought this tape at the rocket one night. None of the tapes were marked by DJ, but it sounds like Randall to me. It was a standard Maxell tape, and had a photocopied Rocket flyer on the cover.

It's a good representation of the kind of sets being played there every week during mid to late 1992. What a wicked venue, and what an amazing bunch of ravers. This one's for all the original Orange ravers, whether it was the Rocket, Astoria, Busby's, Hippodrome or Camden Palace:

http://dnbshare.com/download/DJ_Randall_-_Orange_The_Rocket_1992.MP3.html

Fuck yeah! I haven't heard that Shine On tune for years...any idea who wrote it??

Definitely sounds like Randall...

Fuck yeah! I haven't heard that Shine On tune for years...any idea who wrote it??

Definitely sounds like Randall...

Shine on used to tear up venues, and turn all screwfaces to smiling ones. No idea who the artist is though, sorry mate. Glad you enjoyed the mix ...

just googled 'orange the rocket mediafire' to see if there was any more sets like this floating about and found this same set but it says its 'Chris Paul, orange @ the rocket 93'. just thought id throw it out there................ does sound like a randall set tho........

just googled 'orange the rocket mediafire' to see if there was any more sets like this floating about and found this same set but it says its 'Chris Paul, orange @ the rocket 93'. just thought id throw it out there................ does sound like a randall set tho........

Easy Jay. You may well be right mate. It was probably a studio mix done by Chris Paul. I don't remember him being that good a dj though ? I'm not sure whether it is was late 1992 or early 1993 either. Whoever it is, whenever it was recorded, it's a fine mix that brings back that Rocket vibe.

Chris Paul must have been absolutely minted during the early 90's. He had four club nights running weekly, and the Hippodrome events every Bank Holiday, not to mention all that merchandise. I think he's a producer in the US now.

I totally forgot about Isotonik. He had a number one with Different Strokes, and was on top of the pops. That was in the day when number one in the pop charts meant serious money.

I just found his website and saw he released an oldskool ep this year aswell..instagrab for five bucks :D

http://www.djchrispaul.com/djchrispaul.com/MY_MUSIC.html

Just had a look around his site. Looks like he's done alright for himself. I think he set the standard back in the day. Orange raves always had great sound systems, superb lasers and lighting, great DJ's & the tickets were good value.

He said on his site he used to MC these events. Thankfully this was kept to a minimum. One of the best things about Orange raves was no MC's.

Nice1 for this

loved it that much that i cleaned it up ( sorted leveles etc etc etc )

had to reduce to [192kps] to upload to mediafire as megaupload playing silly cunts but here you go

orange_hardcore_sleeve1.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?c7tlrp9868j8c6j

S_D

Attachments

• orange_hardcore_sleeve1.jpg
    orange_hardcore_sleeve1.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 91
He said on his site he used to MC these events. Thankfully this was kept to a minimum. One of the best things about Orange raves was no MC's.

Early on they never but during the mid 90's MC MC, Stevie Hyper D and Boneman X graced the MIC at Orange events.

Back
Top Bottom