:: DJ PANIK feat. IKSEL "Kickin' my brain" (metal / rock DNB tune)

djpanik

here is my last new tune "Kickin' my brain", freshly finished .
this one is with Iksel , the guitarist of "bad joke" , a french fusion band .

this is the first one i do in this style , so any feedback is needed and appreciated , on musicality and the mixdown if possible ...

cheers

the link :
KICKIN MY BRAIN

Overall I think it's a great effort. I think if you go back and try to really hammer that bassline out with more of a solid booming bass than that bass that sounds like you're playin a keyboard to his guitar, you might have an explosive track on your hands. Raise the level of the drums a little bit too and see how that effects the actual feeling of the track. When you do those guitar solos I know it can be hard to figure exactly where to have the drums mixed. Don't forget Matrix and Futurebound have already done this style. If you want to be explosive, you have to try to bring it to their level of business. You probably closer than you think. None the less great concept.

Keep it up, don't stop!

M. Progression

"Risk" You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

Overall I think it's a great effort. I think if you go back and try to really hammer that bassline out with more of a solid booming bass than that bass that sounds like you're playin a keyboard to his guitar, you might have an explosive track on your hands. Raise the level of the drums a little bit too and see how that effects the actual feeling of the track. When you do those guitar solos I know it can be hard to figure exactly where to have the drums mixed. Don't forget Matrix and Futurebound have already done this style. If you want to be explosive, you have to try to bring it to their level of business. You probably closer than you think. None the less great concept.

Keep it up, don't stop!

M. Progression

"Risk" You can't steal second base with your foot on first.

thanks for the comment , appreciated:)

yeah
tbh , i left it like it was , checked the b line , and nothing scared me .
i think u may be right , no problem at all , i just thought that the version was good enuff to ply in gigs .
this tune's been signed , so it will get a decent (lets hope so) master , and all will be fixed , sorted .
i have so many tunes to finish , i prefer doing fresh stuff in comparison of spending monthes getting the exact sound , cause the engineerer will do it , all about good mixdowns , and a bit of luck .
here it is mr progression :)
big up !

Back
Top Bottom