:: DJ PANIK - 6 New Tunes Finished , please comment

djpanik

Hi everybody :)
After working hard in the studio during the last monthes , I now have 6 new tunes , some solo ones , and some with m-rode , as the new duo we are since we won the Breakbeat Kaos competition .
Some really different tunes here , let's describe 'em quickly :

1/ Did u hear that ? (with M-rode)
this one starts with an indian vibe and a big beat , followed by a massive 16 basses combo !
don't miss that hip hop beat at the break !

2/ Under Control (With M-rode)
Same quality as the previous one , but on an electro tip !
Massive drop , techy synths , old school vocal , bass-combos , and reeces !

3/ Super Skank (Solo stuff)
This one is for the dubwize lovers , with its wicked reggae vocal , 80's horns , siren fxs , dub typical sounds , and an big whole energy.
I sent this one to a few people , and end up being played by Crissy Criss , and signed to Pure Vibez / Roots Imprint.

4/ I miss you (With M-rode)
An housey / dancy inspired one wich is a first try , and quite happy with the result .
It's a vocal tune with beautiful organs , rhodes , piano riffs , guitar , and a lot more , check it !

5/ Area 51 ( Solo stuff)
back to the jump up with this one , but in another way compared to my older stuff .
51's vocal , at least 10 basses , a heavy drumkit , 808s , glitches , etc ...

6/ Piccadilly circus (featuring Dark Jedi)
this is the funny one of the new stuff .
a circus like synth riff , a bristol bass , shuffle amens , basic but efficient arrangement , less is more :)
2 degree business .

Please comment , bad or good , ANY opinion appreciated
Please follow the link to have a listen :

Dj Panik Myspace :

Panik & M-rode Myspace :

M-rode Myspace :

mate they some tunes, little bit to main stream for my liking , but phat none the less

i really like did you here that, digging that sneaky lil disturbed sample

:lighter:

always quality mang! -- super skank is the one

only one small issue with pitch on your drums got me: the horns don't quite mesh with the pitched snare/cowbell you got playing on first 1/3rd[snare], second 1/3rd[snare] and beat 3[cowbell] when it [horn sample] first comes in, but once the vocals come in it's not as noticeable.

adjust pitch, lower amplitude, something -- that's the only thing that gets me as the snare on the second 3/rd is noticeably off [pitch-wise] when immediately followed by the cowbell on beat 3

...the cowbell is played on beat 3 in the half-tempo breakdown where the vocals are prominent so I guess the compromise would be to adjust the tone of the drum on the second 1/3rd to compliment it

-- am I smoking crack, or does that make sense?

you da man -- keep em comin' :rambo:

Yes, yes fellas, nice work.
Agree with dar kist on the mainstream comment. Thats not a critism tho, just personal test. If it sounds mainstrem then it will sell so fair play.
Liked area 51 the best. Nice theme work. Good when someone makes a tune that can be related to the title easily.
nice one lads.

:lighter:

always quality mang! -- super skank is the one

only one small issue with pitch on your drums got me: the horns don't quite mesh with the pitched snare/cowbell you got playing on first 1/3rd[snare], second 1/3rd[snare] and beat 3[cowbell] when it [horn sample] first comes in, but once the vocals come in it's not as noticeable.

adjust pitch, lower amplitude, something -- that's the only thing that gets me as the snare on the second 3/rd is noticeably off [pitch-wise] when immediately followed by the cowbell on beat 3

...the cowbell is played on beat 3 in the half-tempo breakdown where the vocals are prominent so I guess the compromise would be to adjust the tone of the drum on the second 1/3rd to compliment it

-- am I smoking crack, or does that make sense?

you da man -- keep em comin' :rambo:

yes it makes sense , but to be honest , i rarelly change the drums pitch , cause some ppl say drums dont need to be pitched with the tune's key , some say u must .
pitching drums is an hard exercice , but i will try to correct that problem .
cowbell isnt right sometimes is it ?

Back
Top Bottom