DnB DJ Nuera - January 2013 Mix

Ok, finally got round to leave some of my thoughts in here. Wicked mix as usual, loved the opening, tease of Skank was perfect. I'm a big fan of Drift, too, you've mixed it nicely. The part from Headroom up to Air Guitar was absolute carnage, high octane selection, mixed perfectly! Never would have thought of mixing Need To Know into Habitation, but boy this would go off, serious dancefloor mix! Not sure about the next section too much, but from Do Without You it's back on track, up to Blackout I couldn't stop myself moving :) I hate intro of It's A Secret, but hey, that's just me, mixing was actually flawless here, another wicked part up to that tease of Troglodyte. Ok, waiting for Bomber to kick in, pretty cool mix right there, liked the way you've brought in Digital World. And up to the very end there's nothing to fault, loved what you did with Pure Gold with all those teases and Wilkinson RMX. Nice little surprise at the very end, too. All in all really serious mix which I thouroughly enjoyed, big up! Looking forward to hear your next one :)

Ok, finally got round to leave some of my thoughts in here. Wicked mix as usual, loved the opening, tease of Skank was perfect. I'm a big fan of Drift, too, you've mixed it nicely. The part from Headroom up to Air Guitar was absolute carnage, high octane selection, mixed perfectly! Never would have thought of mixing Need To Know into Habitation, but boy this would go off, serious dancefloor mix! Not sure about the next section too much, but from Do Without You it's back on track, up to Blackout I couldn't stop myself moving :) I hate intro of It's A Secret, but hey, that's just me, mixing was actually flawless here, another wicked part up to that tease of Troglodyte. Ok, waiting for Bomber to kick in, pretty cool mix right there, liked the way you've brought in Digital World. And up to the very end there's nothing to fault, loved what you did with Pure Gold with all those teases and Wilkinson RMX. Nice little surprise at the very end, too. All in all really serious mix which I thouroughly enjoyed, big up! Looking forward to hear your next one :)

BADMAN, been waiting for some Fallen Gemini feedback and you didnt disappoint! Nice one bro.

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for taking time to go in depth! :D
Where can I grab your most recent one sir?

Gave this a proper listen today, enjoyed it from start to finish- lots of different vibes to keep it interesting and not samey throughout (Which is something I always seem to fall victim to whenever I record a mix), of all the mixes the ones that really stood out the most to me Id say were these:

Audio - Headroom
Rene LaVice - Absolute Monster
Cyantific - The Tomorrow People

Thought these three complimented each other really nicely, kinda rolled the mix along but still had a fair bit of energy about them.

The Wanted - I Found You (DC Breaks Remix)
Demo & Cease - Ladies Night V.I.P

Liked how you never bring the bass up on 'Ladies Night' (If I remember correctly), think it would've deterred too much from 'I Found you' definitely worked far better that way (Remember your 'first sight of summer) mix where you started on a pretty beasty mix using Ladies night then too).

Mampi Swift - Gangster
DJ Rusty - Smoke One
The Prototypes - Blackout

Admittedly im not that big a fan of 'Smoke one', but 'Gangster' and 'Blackout' went off, not the sort of tune pairing I would've thought to put together.

Enei & Mefjus - Crawlers
Culture Shock - Trogladyte
Wilkinson - Direction
Comfort & Jekyll - Creep

Think a few people have mentioned this group of tracks already!

Looking forward to the next installment already, this mix has definitely reminded me why Im planning on shifting to Traktor at some point this year, lots of fresh tune business, find buying new vinyl an absolute ball ache nowadays, timecoded is the way forward.

Little slow to grab this Matty boy but it's all set for the commute to work in the morning!

Gave this a proper listen today, enjoyed it from start to finish- lots of different vibes to keep it interesting and not samey throughout (Which is something I always seem to fall victim to whenever I record a mix), of all the mixes the ones that really stood out the most to me Id say were these:

Audio - Headroom
Rene LaVice - Absolute Monster
Cyantific - The Tomorrow People

Thought these three complimented each other really nicely, kinda rolled the mix along but still had a fair bit of energy about them.

The Wanted - I Found You (DC Breaks Remix)
Demo & Cease - Ladies Night V.I.P

Liked how you never bring the bass up on 'Ladies Night' (If I remember correctly), think it would've deterred too much from 'I Found you' definitely worked far better that way (Remember your 'first sight of summer) mix where you started on a pretty beasty mix using Ladies night then too).

Mampi Swift - Gangster
DJ Rusty - Smoke One

Admittedly im not that big a fan of 'Smoke one', but 'Gangster' and 'Blackout' went off, not the sort of tune pairing I would've thought to put together.

Enei & Mefjus - Crawlers
Culture Shock - Trogladyte
Wilkinson - Direction
Comfort & Jekyll - Creep

Think a few people have mentioned this group of tracks already!

Looking forward to the next installment already, this mix has definitely reminded me why Im planning on shifting to Traktor at some point this year, lots of fresh tune business, find buying new vinyl an absolute ball ache nowadays, timecoded is the way forward.

Ahhh thanks very much man! Appreciate the wicked feedback :)
Yeah switching to timecode was the best decision I ever made tbh, made mixing so much more fun again without worrying about skipping needles, cueing or money etc. Well worth it!

Big ups again geez :)

Little slow to grab this Matty boy but it's all set for the commute to work in the morning!

Oooooshhhh! Thanks Paul, nice one for checking it out man!

monster mix as always !

Nice one dude! Massive massive thanks for posting it on the Impending website, wicked write up! chuffed with that :)

not really much feedback to give tbh man, mixing was slick as ever and most of the stuff was up my street, few bits i wasn't feeling but you more than made up for it with some of the mixes. having said that even with the tunes i don't really like they still sounded really good in the mix, so credit to you for that.

Enei & Kasra - So Real (Mefjus Remix)
-- Subfocus - Scarecrow
Mampi Swift - Gangster
-- DJ Rusty - Smoke One
Hazard - Its A Secret
Wickaman, Mavrik & RV - One Scratch Bass
-- Ed Rush & Optical - Compound
-- Emperor - Contaminate
A.I ft Command Strange - Mad One

smashed it, big tunes put together really well.

quality as always

not really much feedback to give tbh man, mixing was slick as ever and most of the stuff was up my street, few bits i wasn't feeling but you more than made up for it with some of the mixes. having said that even with the tunes i don't really like they still sounded really good in the mix, so credit to you for that.

Enei & Kasra - So Real (Mefjus Remix)
-- Subfocus - Scarecrow
Mampi Swift - Gangster
-- DJ Rusty - Smoke One
Hazard - Its A Secret
Wickaman, Mavrik & RV - One Scratch Bass
-- Ed Rush & Optical - Compound
-- Emperor - Contaminate
A.I ft Command Strange - Mad One

smashed it, big tunes put together really well.

quality as always

Thanks man, nice one for that! Yeah I always try and put a nice variation of stuff in there, gotta try and put something in for everyone :D

smashed it. as usual

Cheers geez!

Back
Top Bottom