DJ NoZ - March 2011 Mix

DJ_NoZ

Rum & Ass
VIP Junglist
After Castel kindly sent me 2 vinyl because I guessed what plane he saw in OZ I thought it was only reasonable to record a mix and put the records to good use! I also recently acquired a CD deck to add to my 2 1210s, still only got a 2 channel mixer though.

It's not my best mix in all honesty, there are a few minor slip ups and pitch bends, one major one at the end when Hold On comes in, but all in all I think it's listenable.

Anyway here it is, open to your critisism! Enjoy!

DNB Share Link

BCUK - Bullet Time (Spor Remix)
>>>Ed Rush & Optical - Chub Rub
The Upbeats feat. Noisia - Creep Out
Chase & Status - No Problem
Spor - Molehill
Mind Vortex - Onslaught
Camo & Krooked - Cliffhanger
DJ Die - Ghetto Bizness
Icicle - Arrows
Phace - Vintage
Breakage - Fighting Fires (Loadstar Remix)
Phace - Strange Science
Noisia - Friendly Intentions
Ed Rush & Optical - Watermelon
Phobia, Jubei & Sato - Atlas
Icicle feat. SP:MC - Dreadnaught
Spectrasoul - Dark Hour
D.Kay & Rawfull - In Your Name
Metrik - Learn To Fly
Siren - Snorkel
Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
Phace - Finger Food
Culture Shock - Bad Red
Subsonik feat. Kiro - Hold On​

yes Noztrils.. this looks sick!

Haha, you're not the first person to call me that! Start of the mix is the best IMO, mainly coz it was planned out, gets a bit messy towards the end because I was kinda just chucking tunes in. Cheers for checking man, let me know what you think!

Just had a skim thru and like your ideas man now all you gotta do is get that shit polished up and really get down the nitty gritty side of EQin, gains, beat matching etc.. Some of the mixes were proper big but let down by levels, but you said its not your best so fair one.

Phace - Vintage
Breakage - Fighting Fires (Loadstar Remix)
Phace - Strange Science
Noisia - Friendly Intentions

This selection was too large, screw face biz which you did well!

Metrik - Learn To Fly
Siren - Snorkel

Just no, that was terrible, sorry dude! Random switches and the abrupt cut, dont do that again lol - Guess you know this tho (y)

Summing up imo I think you just need to tidy things up and you will be there, and if your arent happy with bits then do them again, dont upload mixes with lots of dodgy bits in, keep it locked and keep practicing :)

Just had a skim thru and like your ideas man now all you gotta do is get that shit polished up and really get down the nitty gritty side of EQin, gains, beat matching etc.. Some of the mixes were proper big but let down by levels, but you said its not your best so fair one.

This selection was too large, screw face biz which you did well!

Just no, that was terrible, sorry dude! Random switches and the abrupt cut, dont do that again lol - Guess you know this tho (y)

Summing up imo I think you just need to tidy things up and you will be there, and if your arent happy with bits then do them again, dont upload mixes with lots of dodgy bits in, keep it locked and keep practicing :)

Yeah man, agree with all of this! To be honest, after I dropped Learn To Fly I was just gonna finish it because I was a bit pissed off with the mix in general. So I just chucked Snorkel in and it just went horribly wrong. I've been getting so annoyed when recording recently because I keep making mistakes that normally just wouldn't happen, ends up that I try one every night of the week, get fucked off and go to my mates house and mix flawlessly! Really irritates me so I just thought fuck it and uploaded it anyway because it had some alright bits in.

I'm determined to upload one I'm proper proud of soon, I know I can mix much better than I do when I record, I just need to get my head straight and stop making silly mistakes!

Will definitely keep working on EQ, I'm usually concentrating so hard on getting tunes beatmatched that I forget.

Cheers for comments geeza!

Hey just listening to the mix, sounding phat. I just joined dnbforum the other day, wonderin if u want me to air this mix? I do a monthly radio show on Preston FM 103.2 (www.Preston.fm), next one goes out Sat 12th 7-8pm. If you want me to give it a play, I'll bang it on, let me know if you want anything else promoting & I'll big u up. Nice mixing btw, rough tunes!
cheers, Neil

nice mix man, I agree that the first part of the mix is the tightest but you drop some sick tunes throughout and the few slip ups don't bring it down at all. Loving that arrows track, thought both the mixes with it were nice and smooth and worked really well. dreadnaught >> dark hour was another great mix. I thought at some points the levels were a bit off, for instance watermelon came in quite a bit quiet and bassline switches with learn to fly and snorkel sounded slightly strange but fair play for trying stuff out and trying to keep it interesting. some really decent mixes in here and i like it that your trying new mixes out on the fly, it's a good way to improve and keeps the energy going.

nice mix man, I agree that the first part of the mix is the tightest but you drop some sick tunes throughout and the few slip ups don't bring it down at all. Loving that arrows track, thought both the mixes with it were nice and smooth and worked really well. dreadnaught >> dark hour was another great mix. I thought at some points the levels were a bit off, for instance watermelon came in quite a bit quiet and bassline switches with learn to fly and snorkel sounded slightly strange but fair play for trying stuff out and trying to keep it interesting. some really decent mixes in here and i like it that your trying new mixes out on the fly, it's a good way to improve and keeps the energy going.

Yeah, seems that I'm getting told to sort my levels/EQ alot so definitely something for me to work on! I swear sometimes when I'm mixing I don't actually think about what two tunes will sound like together (Learn to Fly/Snorkel), it's retarded and I need to sort it out!

Thanks for listening man, I'll have a listen to yours now!

Hey just listening to the mix, sounding phat. I just joined dnbforum the other day, wonderin if u want me to air this mix? I do a monthly radio show on Preston FM 103.2 (www.Preston.fm), next one goes out Sat 12th 7-8pm. If you want me to give it a play, I'll bang it on, let me know if you want anything else promoting & I'll big u up. Nice mixing btw, rough tunes!
cheers, Neil

To be honest mate I'd rather you used my Enter Competition mix if any! This one is a bit rough round the edges. Cheers for listening though mate!

Last edited:
Just had a nice bash thru it, pretty decent attempt mate liked it alot.
wer a few tracks on it i dont agree with but other than that tracklistwas nice and varied.

gotta say i loved the intro worked really really well, especially first two tunes. nice to see chubrub still in action.
and arrows > vintage was another highlight of mine.

very nicee indeed mate. ill listen in for any new material
ez

Just had a nice bash thru it, pretty decent attempt mate liked it alot.
wer a few tracks on it i dont agree with but other than that tracklistwas nice and varied.

gotta say i loved the intro worked really really well, especially first two tunes. nice to see chubrub still in action.
and arrows > vintage was another highlight of mine.

very nicee indeed mate. ill listen in for any new material
ez

Thanks man, like I said it's definitely not my best mix, but I thought it was worth putting up anyway.

Intro sections are definitely my strong point, mainly because I work them out pretty thoroughly before they get recorded. The mix tends to go a bit awry when I get around the half hour mark usually because I'm digging through my bag and rushing into mixes a fair bit!

Appreciate the comments mate, thanks for listening!

Might as well give this one a bump. Also done a mix B2B with my mate which is in my sig, starts off quite dancefloor, going deep and tech with some chilled out vibes towards the end. I'll post it properly sometime, need to make a tracklist.

Back
Top Bottom