DJ No Shows?

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
We were talking on Saturday after Breakneck about someone (who Owain Skope knows), who has been to see DJ Hype 7 times.

Except the Hypester didn't show for one of them, so this someone's still waiting to get to hear him play!

Is this a no show record?

Who else has not shown and let the people down repeatedly?

:shades:

Gotta be a record! It should of been Hype & Skibba @ Reaction - an Suprise Suprise... No show! It was a blessing in disguise though coz it jus so happened Raiden had a box o' choons :flame:

Hypes a miserable bastard too - would it hurt for him to smile once in a while? :D

GQ hasn't got a brilliant rep for showing up. Then again, think I recall reading that him & Hype are on the same agency? Problem may lie there perhaps?

Andy C never showed for the Acc Culture Awards Party in Brum over the weekend apparently..

inf0r said:
Then again, think I recall reading that him & Hype are on the same agency? Problem may lie there perhaps?

I won't say too much incase i get myself into trouble but from my experience i imagine you're not a million miles from the truth!!

Hype did let us down once but his mrs had just given birth so i guess it's fair enough and he give us enough notice to get J Majik instead.

But dj's and promoters always get the blame when there's a no show and alot of the time it's down to the agency

Fairplay for droppin out if he'd just got nippered up. Imagine how sick it'd be to say Hype was your old man :teeth:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the agency 9 times out of 10..

I try and see andy c as much as possible, have seen ed rush 3 times in a row as a replacement (no disrespect to ed rush but id had enough of him by the 3rd time!)

Hype has gotta be the king of not turning up at the mo! Cant be sure whos to blame??? I have a theory but am gonna keep it to myself in case I upset anyone! :antitank:

I like Hype, despite his record for not turning up.

His show on Kiss 100 is the bomb diggy.

Hype has been booked for Oz in the past a few times, only made it once. I heard his agency multiple books him on any given night, then he gets to choose.
Dunno if thats crap or not

Digital has been booked for Oz a total of three times, but the poor bastard can't get through Immigration!!
fuck knows why, he made it to NZ.
:nono:

Yeah, I agree: Hype is not the best at turning up to events imo. And he is also a grumpy bastard as well. I wouldn't look that pissed off if I was getting the same amount of money as him!! :mad_guy:

I clicked on this thead so I can complain to you all that I went to see DJ HYPE at a Bassrush event in Baltimore, MD and he didn't show up. Kenny Ken showed up but no HYPE, I guess hes too wonderfull.

Again I went to see HYPE at an event in Philly, PA. As it turned out HYPE didn't show and the promoter didn't file for the proper forms and paper work to get the event going for longer then an hour; it was shut down. This was the first and last time I went to an event that was shut down by the cops, I guess I'm lucky as I heard it happened frequently. Still I was pissed that the dodgy promoters wouldn't give me my 30 dollars back!!!! I gave them the 30 dollars in the confidance that they would provide me with at least an hour of DJ HYPE music.

HYPE was suppose to play at the NYC Superclub "Twilo" but as it turned out I had the Flu and HYPE actually did show up....bastard! Twilo has since been put out of buisness by Mayor Gulioni, the jackass mayor who got all the praise for handling 9/11. While it was around, it was the nicest nightclub I had ever been to (but thats for another thread).

Honestly, if this guy doesn't show up at events then he is true to his namesake.

A few years ago I tried to go see Ray Keith about 4 times and he never showed. After 2 years of trying to see him he turned up at our local club and played an absolutely blinding 2 hour set though so it was worth waiting for.

Attachments

• gig.gif
    gig.gif
    731.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
HYPE never turns up in portsmouth!
leves us the ravers disappointed, and the night getting ruined! :nono:
He needs to get off his high horse and turn up to all his gigs.....
I use to love hype but now he keep on pissing me off, when he nevrs turns up
sort it out Hype!! :shrug:

salim said:
HYPE never turns up in portsmouth!
leves us the ravers disappointed, and the night getting ruined! :nono:
He needs to get off his high horse and turn up to all his gigs.....
I use to love hype but now he keep on pissing me off, when he nevrs turns up
sort it out Hype!! :shrug:

i wouldn wanna turn up in portsmouth either

come on you SAINTS!!!!!!!!

I no from my brief time of putting on a few nights that a certain agency was quite slack, we had an mc booked to play, phoned them the day before the night to finalize everything and they turned around and said he was booked elswhere and that was 2 months after we had paid a deposit. She then said we could have GQ but it would cost more money so we had to as not to dissapoint the punters. But I think with contracts and stuff djs will turn up and if they dont its because agents have double booked them or the promoter has put there name on the flyer to pull punters or just cancelled due to ticket sales etc.

i'v been very lucky with hype. i've heard loads of bad stories just the same as you lot but every time i've been to see him his showed. just luck though imo. he is a miserabel git tho aint he!

a lot of the time tho it cud just be the organisers puttin the name on the flyer. this happens more than a lot of people mite think

Back
Top Bottom