DJ Mish Mash - 3 Deck Mix + Video (Entry for the dnbforum comp if its still open)

Mish Mash

VIP Junglist
Did this last night... haven't got time to write anything, gotta go to work! But if the competition for a set at the dnbforum event is still open, this is my entry.

Enjoy!

Tracklisting:

Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero
>>> Hazard - Food Fight
>>> The Qemists - Stompbox (Spor Remix)
Phace & Mayhem - Lightyears Apart
>>> Ram Trilogy - Titan
Noisia - Blockcontrol
Fresh - Heavyweight
>>> Bad Company - The Nine
Icicle & Commix - Ultraclean
Culture Shock - Protection
>>> Rido - Exoplanet
Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
Ed Rush & Optical - Medicine (Matrix Remix)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is sick!, very impressive indeed. nice one for recording a video too, it's really helpful to see how you use your 3rd deck.

if you have a 92 you dont need to use the eq's. thats why its the best mixer to use for dnb

isn't that a 42? i don't doubt though, my mates all have 92s and 42s so i need to start learning to use the filters (my mixer doesn't have any at all lol)

pretty sure its a 92 geez.

either way, a 92 makes playing dnb so much more fun. best purchase i ever made.... and the filters do a better job of cutting certain frequencies out of the mix better than just eq's alone

pretty sure its a 92 geez.

either way, a 92 makes playing dnb so much more fun. best purchase i ever made.... and the filters do a better job of cutting certain frequencies out of the mix better than just eq's alone
yeah its a 92, whenever i mix round there it feels so different from what im used to (eq's) but i bought a xone 62 the other day so im on the filther train!

Cheers peeps! Ye its a Xone 92, its got a custom faceplate that I got with it when I got it off ebay, and you can't really see it but the furthest away deck is the one Mistanoize pimped up, I wanted to put it as one of the closer ones but its the only one with a long enough cable to reach from that position.

Anyway, loads more videos to come!

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

yeah its a 92, whenever i mix round there it feels so different from what im used to (eq's) but i bought a xone 62 the other day so im on the filther train!

Yes Danwell! I filmed this right after you and sam left, we gotta film a three way b2b2b!

this is hench. big up mish mash!

completely agree with the filter comments. makes this mix something else tbh!
and that custom faceplate looks sick!

surely we have a winner?

I must admit the tash made it harder to fap to but once you see past that it's great! Was hoping for more with The Nine though Mish Mash...

Being completely Xone ignorant what to the filters do compared to the eq's??

Last edited:
this is hench. big up mish mash!

completely agree with the filter comments. makes this mix something else tbh!
and that custom faceplate looks sick!

surely we have a winner?

Cheers stu!

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

I must admit the tash made it harder to fap to but once you see past that it's great! Was hoping for more with The Nine though Mish Mash...

Being completely Xone ignorant what to the filters do compared to the eq's??

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

s

Well you're in luck papa cos I shaved off all the facial hair earlier today!

The filters can either be low pass, band pass or high pass. I always use the high pass ones so you can set them to any frequency and they cut out everything below that. You can cut out all the bass if you turn them a bit, bass + mid if you turn them a bit more, and pretty much everything if you turn them all the way. They're just much easier cos its all on one filter instead of having to twist 2 or more eq knobs, and I reckon they sound better too but that's probably just because in my head I want them to sound better to make up for the fact that I paid loads to get them!

Anyway nice one for checking the mix!

sick mix, like your style! interesting to know about the filters... i've used a 92 when playing out but didnt understand what most of the stuff on it did...

Protection - exoplanet...

PURRRRRRBBBBGGHHH!!!!

I got a bit lucky with that one! I wasn't sure what to play and I only just got the cue point, same with ultraclean, either you or dan had put it back in the wrong order in the way of the warrior sleeve! I got pretty lucky there too... finding the one phrase cue point is pretty hard and somehow I put the needle just before it! Was more luck than anything on that one!

Anyway, I spoke to mr danwell after work 2day, he's up for a mix 2moz, let me know if you're up for it, we should film it!

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

sick mix, like your style! interesting to know about the filters... i've used a 92 when playing out but didnt understand what most of the stuff on it did...

Nice one! The filters are so much more fun than eq once you get used to them, I got a bit lucky in a way in that my first time on an allen and heath was when I played the first 2 hours at a club night when pretty much no-one was there so I was able to just mess around on the filters the whole time. I knew I wanted them straight away after that!

Back
Top Bottom