DJ Kro - Kung Fu Master

Nice nice, production is smooth on this...but for me dubsteps a funny genre, i find the rhythm of the synths has to really tie in with the drums for me to enjoy it.
Samples are wicked tho, spesh the vox...fits in nicely

any comments on my new post would be great!

Nice nice, production is smooth on this...but for me dubsteps a funny genre, i find the rhythm of the synths has to really tie in with the drums for me to enjoy it.
Samples are wicked tho, spesh the vox...fits in nicely

any comments on my new post would be great!

nice one mate cheers for the feedback, i see what you mean about the drums, making drums is my weak spot really. something ill have to work on later in the track i guess
thanks mate

drums are tuff.
I can pass i what i know.
Layers helps alot with drums, primarily on kicks and snares.
What i like to do is,

2 Kicks - 1 low with punch and 1 with high end.
Compresses these together, only a small amout so it "glues" both kiks together in a bus/group, name it kick (make sure the full signal is going to the kick bus and not a send)

3 snares - again 1 with punch 1 with mid and 1 with high end, possibly reverb on the high end, works well wth dubstep. again compress these together in another bus called snare.

precussion - get the precussion/sampled breaks how you want it and light compression to bring to together.

then make a bus call beat or somthing, send all your bus's/groups to this channel. Compresses it, xperiemtn with the compression so you can see how it changes the sound. a long attack i find seems make my kicks and snares punch thru nicely.
Then you wanna put this bus/group into mono. i like to have all my drums pannd mono, dunno why i find it just sounds nicer.

hope this helps

(http://soundcloud.com/introspectdnb/introspect-glacier) I used this drum technique in this tune.

---------- Post added at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

just realised that this might not have been what you were having trouble with sorry but ill leave it there anyways.

you need more elements on your drop mate. You got loads of space in the spectrum :) Add a synthline/pads/arps etc just to fill it out. Also if you start with quieter drums and then push them on your drop you will achieve a lot more impact.

you need more elements on your drop mate. You got loads of space in the spectrum :) Add a synthline/pads/arps etc just to fill it out. Also if you start with quieter drums and then push them on your drop you will achieve a lot more impact.

nice one mate, thanks for the info

can definitely see what you mean, ive been feeling that it sounds a bit empty. but this is all just a start so i havnt started compressing/adding fx/reverb etc. yet

Last edited:
Just a bit of an anal point. at 23secs you got a sharp pop.
Probably just 1 sample needs abit of attack to get rid of it.
Only other suggestion I have, after you've about finished the tune. Mute the kung-fu sample. It works OK, but found a few times, after building my tune around a certain Vox sample, it's ended up sounding better without it.
Consider wether really it is a sample just for the sake of it. Could be completely wrong, but just passing on recent experience.
Basicaly a darn good start, keep it up.

Just a bit of an anal point. at 23secs you got a sharp pop.
Probably just 1 sample needs abit of attack to get rid of it.
Only other suggestion I have, after you've about finished the tune. Mute the kung-fu sample. It works OK, but found a few times, after building my tune around a certain Vox sample, it's ended up sounding better without it.
Consider wether really it is a sample just for the sake of it. Could be completely wrong, but just passing on recent experience.
Basicaly a darn good start, keep it up.

cheers for the advice mate, that pop just seems to be something to do with my bounce because its not like that on logic.

took out the vox samples in the tune its self which made it sound a bit better, seemed a bit too much really

cheers for the feedback!

yea man nice tune, i like the idea but the drop doesnt have anywhere near enuff impact it should. def start with quieter drums, maybe take away a few elements. the drop definately sounds pretty empty. add a more distorted bass underneath with some nice kung fu style pads over the top. should be sick man i like the idea. man

Wow, the PROD is loud and crisp! Love the Guitar sound in the beginning. The gated Midrange layer is neat, gets samey samey after a minute but still very Techy which I like. The Modulation you did on it is welcomed.

1:20ish... neat edits.

:funfun:

nice track! filthy! only thing that stands out to me are the hi-hats, they dont seem to be part of the track except in the more minimal precussive bits

really like the bassline on this bad boy man its a nice style but i thought the beat needed some percussion or something maybe something more than hi hats like.

Back
Top Bottom