Dj jammin - dnb in progress (opinions pls :D)

im gonna be honest, its a bit gay (sorry)

but your a newb so dont worry about it, i can see alot of potential in the future

keep at it and youll get there :)

YEah i see where youre going with this. The clown wob bass thing is just little too textureless. maybe layer it against itself and use other similar sounds to fills. jsut to keep it fresh...

Also be careful when making stereo beats, they quickly get muddy on a big sound system. Go mono or keep it in the fills.

Cheers for the advice but could you elaborate on a couple of things like how to do mono beats :| and what you mean by 'fills'

well fill for example is when you go 7 times the normal beat, and then the 8th is a tad different to keep things interesting - then you start over - 7 times normal beat - maybe another fill, a little different again...

If you use FX with breaks/beats, stay clear of these (they are stereo field effects): Flanger, Chorus, Delay, Echo. Reverb can do in small decay times (ie. how long it plays, go for under 50 milliseconds) and keep the dry/wet mix (dry = original sound, wet = reverberated sound) close to 100% dry. It can bring life to dull drum mixes. Although these beats of yours sounded fine apart from the stereo thing.

Open up the samples you use for drums in a wave editor (soundforge, cooledit, anything) and there you can convert to mono. in soundforge it's the process menu if i remember right and then channel converter -> stereo to mono.

phew!

Its alright but I generally dont like that type of dnb.
The bass needs some work done to it and the beats are pretty week but all these thing you can fix then it should sound pretty cool!
Please check out my tunes there on the new talent page under dj sc.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom