DJ HYPE NYE NEC

killahurtz

Does anyone know what that was about when Hype stormed off and we were left with Dj Foxy (lol) to play the one and only dubplate left at the decks? it was jokes.

Does anyone know what that was about when Hype stormed off and we were left with Dj Foxy (lol) to play the one and only dubplate left at the decks? it was jokes.

He just couldn't move and mix @ the same time, what with his pockets bulging playing out @ 10 events in 1 night. LOL

Said the sound system was bollox and he couldn't be arsed with it.

Here's Hype's version of events
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TUMB60IU

cheers for the clip. listened to the show last night but must have missed that bit. the people banging on the decks that he was saying about was foxy asking for a(nother) reload...thats probably the thing that made him walk off the most.

the sound system wasnt that bad...definately not the worst he has played on this year cos iv seen him in a club near me and the sound system is about as good as the one in my room.

i dont blame him though. i remember reading a quote from him a couple months ago saying how a MC by themselves cant fill a rave...basically saying without the dj ur fucked, but he can still sell out raves without an MC.
i guess he proved it cos when he walked out no1 knew what to do.

Nah mate he never played 10 events.

He'll earn enough from say 3 events NYE.

i think he would earn more than enough from 3, hed probably be happy from 1 lol, realistically id say close to 2k for a nye set. easy, and andy c at 12am, probably close to 3? MAYBE EVEN 5
$$$$$$$

I heard from a reliable source that Pendulum charge £1500 (more than Andy C!!) for an hour DJ set. I'm not sure about live but I heard £10,000 from somewhere. Greedy buggers! :flame:

the sound system wasnt that bad...definately not the worst he has played on this year cos iv seen him in a club near me and the sound system is about as good as the one in my room.

he was probaly on about the monitors.i hate them ckhshhhckshhhh monitors aswell

fair play, nuff respect to hype for saying fuck you and walking off, i get pissed off when mc's are always asking for rewinds, gets annoying after a while, i hope they put it on the tape pack, haha big up hype :rave:

Taken from another forum

Now the real humour started when the very late Foxy and Eksman did eventually turn up. Both were definitely worse for wear, with Foxy being in a word FUCKED!!!
Eksman put in the poorest performance I have had the displeasure of seeing; it was the third stop of the night for him and you could blatantly see he had run out energy and had drunk a lil too much.
Now, the real humour began when Friction played the G Dub remix of ‘Ra’; Foxy somehow managed to get it rewound 3 times without Friction causing much of a fuss (it’s good but it ain’t that big of a tune), probably because the teases Friction did on the rewinds with ‘Too Bad VIP’ and ‘Signal’ were right on the money .
Now when Foxy tried for a fourth rewind Friction was a little bit more hesitant but after Foxy screaming directly at him he did oblige.
Foxy tried for a fifth, yes FIFTH rewind and this time Friction wasn’t having any of it so Foxy decided he’d stop the tune himself, which noticeably pissed off Friction to the point that Friction pulled Eks aside to have a word with him about Foxy. This didn’t seem to do much good as Foxy was still screaming for reloads on just about every tune.

By the time Friction had finished it was time for ‘the happiest man in DnB’, DJ Hype, to punish the crowd. Hype’s set was the standard affair, except for one thing; he ended up walking off the stage!!!!
Basically Foxy was trying the same tricks he did with Friction on Hype, and unlike Friction, Hype wasn’t having any of it. He kept ignoring Foxy’s rewind requests (unless he actually agreed that the crowd were going mental enough to warrant one) so Foxy tried to stop the record himself. The first time he did so, Hype was PISSED. He made the wanker sign at Foxy and gave him what could only be described as a ‘telling off’.
You’d think Foxy would have learnt his lesson, right? WRONG!!!!
Foxy tried to pull up another tune himself which angered Hype to the point that he walked off stage leaving Foxy to dig through his crate and spin some tunes, some of which Hype had already played.

Back
Top Bottom