DJ Hazard - Roll On My Level Ft Summer Rayne

Just checked twitter and it's pretty much the same people that already knew BDR? Dunno when you said "it's working" for a different audience I kinda expected mainstream. We'll probably know in a few months but I can't see Hazard or this track being the next Sigma.

The reaction from dnb and none dnb heads has been great for the vocal mix....it will do well!
He's not trying to be the next Sigma either...if he was, he'd make the same kind of stuff that gets released on major labels, not slap a vocal in a track that's already done the damage...

The reaction from dnb and none dnb heads has been great for the vocal mix....it will do well!
He's not trying to be the next Sigma either...if he was, he'd make the same kind of stuff that gets released on major labels, not slap a vocal in a track that's already done the damage...

I wouldn't necessarily say so, the response here to the vocal version is more or less unanimously negative.

Can you keep the noise down a bit please Steve, you're at like 12 & need to be around 4.5 - 5 absolute tops, I don't wanna have to bring the Radiotherapy equipment in this thread... :)

Excuse me Mosk but I'll have you know I'm a Neuroscientist, so you shush. :teeth:

oprah_fakelaugh.gif

I always thought an anthem is when everybody is feeling it...

As for it being cained, I suppose you've got to keep the kids happy :D

If Hazards not trying to make the pop charts why the fuck would he release this with some shitty vocals over the top. He's doing a Fresh with Goldust...

Yeah, but that's just a few heads on a forum though....don't exactly make up the whole scene does it.
It's all good!

I'd disagree with that. the comments I've seen, not just on this forum, on twitter, facebook etc. have mostly been negative and as Dagz said if this is not some sort of "stunt" to make it in mainstream then why would he even do it? we'll see in a few months if this has mass appeal.

BDR had 500k spotify listens which equals 3200-4000$ (0.0064-0.008 per stream) going by that figure alone, not forgetting digi download which made at least that sum again, he already made alot of cash.

I'd disagree with that. the comments I've seen, not just on this forum, on twitter, facebook etc. have mostly been negative and as Dagz said if this is not some sort of "stunt" to make it in mainstream then why would he even do it? we'll see in a few months if this has mass appeal.

BDR had 500k spotify listens which equals 3200-4000$ (0.0064-0.008 per stream) going by that figure alone, not forgetting digi download which made at least that sum again, he already made alot of cash.

Pretty sure he makes his money from gigs though, he must be like a grand an hour easily and he must play 2 or 3 times each weekend.

The only way any artist can really make money in this game is from doing gigs alongside making beats

Lets just say £500 a gig because sometimes they probably earn more on big nights but less on smaller nights. Say he did 2 gigs a weekend plus the sales of any releases. Over a grand a week is not bad going.

But then say they release 1 track in the pop charts they could be a millionaire within weeks. That's the sad truth. We all have to obey to money in this life im afraid.

Love it or hate it, Bricks Don't Roll is an anthem and it's going off all over the world and has been since it was released in August 2014. People are playing it as if it was released last month...which, in todays scene is a big achievement.....considering the shelf life of music these days compared to 10, 15 , 20 years ago when tracks would get rinsed to death....War Head, Da Nine, Planet Dust etc. The amount of none dnb djs that are supporting the none vocal mix just says it all....hence why the major labels were so keen to snap it up.
The vocal mix obviously isn't for the underground scene...it's to appeal to a different audience and it's working.

Hazard's got loads of forthcoming music...
Yeah that's big!

Heard it on Radio 1 just before 10pm this evening. Having said that, I heard Rubber Chicken back in its day on Radio 1 too
I remember hearing Pete Tong drop Ed Rush & Optical's Sick Note on a Friday teatime! It happens now and again.

Back
Top Bottom