Dj Guv - Warning. Discuss.

Trying to equate what's worthy or good by pointing at sales or popularity doesn't mean anything. At the end of the day music is personal, if I love a tune that has officially been declared a "crime against humanity" by some hipster scenister magazine I couldn't care less :2thumbs:

Woah, got a little carried away there, sorry :oops:

I agree with you there, I'm purely equating a tune to a very low common denominator (i.e. a jump up crowd, and I include myself in that) and the reaction toward it. Its funny because in other Guv sets you see people swaying zombified to the tunes then Warning drops and everyone loses their head.

This is the sort of tune that makes me embarrassed to say I like Dnb.

To think grown men make this stuff and dance to it with gun fingers acting like rudeboys is hilarious.

Jump Up lol

Yeh I'm resurrecting this again. I never said it was a great tune, and yeh I probably got a little too involved in writing about it (though I dont think word count should be damned here).

For the jump up crowd, it became an anthem, thats all. If there is any 'DNA' in this, its simply (I can do simple, its just more difficult for me) that a jump up crowd prefer and feel the vibe of very simple tunes. That they can shoot thin air with finger tips and sing along to it, akin to a football chant. I'm not necessarily saying its a bad thing either, ultimately if you like simple b(m)eats then go to McDonalds, because thats what you like, thats what you pay for, its consistent, its uncomplicated, its the same each time - and ultimately thats what makes you happy.

when ur off ur face. raving in a club. dunno whats going on. dj guv is banger merchant :gun:

can't compare to exit or critical or soul:r because they all make 'music'.. guv.. bangers.. womp womp

don't slate the guy cos you can't listen to his tunes when your in your library with your pipe n slipper listening to no future tipping monocle to one side oh reza you are bless.

The jump up crowd........
maxresdefault.jpg

Pretty sure thats Guv in the crowd right down that back

^ I saw that video a week or two ago, I thought that tune sounded familiar, and not even in the sense that A LOT of jump up tunes today sound the same - which they definitely do - I literally thought I've heard this tune before but couldn't quite place it.

Now you've revived the thread. I guess you really were on to something.

But holy shit, what a crowd reaction, that is quite unheard of. My question is, WHY this tune? Why not any other jamp ap bangar m88? How did this tune blow up?

when ur off ur face. raving in a club. dunno whats going on. dj guv is banger merchant :gun:

can't compare to exit or critical or soul:r because they all make 'music'.. guv.. bangers.. womp womp

don't slate the guy cos you can't listen to his tunes when your in your library with your pipe n slipper listening to no future tipping monocle to one side oh reza you are bless.
I never saw this post before, top quality right there :applause:

Back
Top Bottom