DJ Fresh- Gold Dust remix comp

i just spent the last 5 hours remixing. basically just used the fruity slicer and ended up raping the beautiful original to a noobish fidget house track. i am ashamed. will try again tomorrow.

In a remix comp... are you only allowed to use the sounds/stems they give you or are you allowed to use your own sounds as well as the ones they provide?

yeh everything in the original track, rises, sweep downs, rolls, drums, synths, harmonies and vocals on seperate tracks etc etc , but they are all stems so you'd need to do a lot of chopping about and stuff. not that its a major problem.

Is it the norm for these Rmx Contests to simply supply entire tracks rendered including all that blank space? Everytime I've come across a COMP and the parts are rendered this way, I don't even bother because to me, it's the 'sloppiest' way of doing a rmx and if the Artist doesn't want to spend the time to properly render each individual track then why should I? If the parts are gold to begin with, then I can see this not being that big of a deal.

I suppose this is one of the downfalls of working purely in Midi (sequencing that is).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom