DJ Fresh - Escape From Planet Monday - CD

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by Dalek657, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Hey guys I've just got a little question here. I bought the DJ Fresh - Escape From Planet Monday CD from Amazon and it had - DJ Fresh escape from planet monday written on the disc with a sharpie.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1427879248_dd844d00db57a48a7ce4d56eeaa8f9a5

I'm not sure if this was what the previous owner of the disc did however I did find this https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...IZBtxtwU4Wke6VYiV652jhxjGMh9MVoFlgkVwiwIrtSog

I know the above link is a vinyl but the handwriting looks VERY similar to the version I just recieved.

Also the cover is written in similar handwriting - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61DB08H60VL.jpg

So can people confirm who also own this CD on theirs is this handwriting written on there or not?

2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

3. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Yeah exactly like that. Did yours come with the text written on or did you write it?

4. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

5. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Do you think it's the official version though?

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Format:
    CD, Album, Unofficial Release, Stereo

nope

7. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Dayum! Well I'm not happy about that I wanted the official version. What do you think I should do?

8. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Well, if its got all the intellectual properties on it, i'd just deal with it.
    The official cd is most most likely the same.

9. thegreytist

thegreytist New Member

It's amazing how the handwriting matches up with the cover. The person who vandalised your CD must have been DJ Fresh himself. Keep it, it'll be a collector's item. Or send it back to Amazon telling them how outraged you are for their shoddy service.

I also like how they were able to not make a single mark in the centre ring of the disc either, despite the text being cut off. I commend the craft of the pens-man.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  10. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

11. jungle_fever

jungle_fever Well-Known Member

well whoever owned it before hand obviously took quite a lot of care to match his writing with the front cover but it is still out of order they sold it to you like that.

I would contact whoever sold it to you and explain the situation to them and maybe contact DJ Fresh himself and let him know that amazon are selling scribbled on fake copies of his album. thats the kinda stuff that artists really get wound up at and im sure he will be very appreciative that you flagged it up with him.

actually he may even give you a real copy of the cd, which im sure wont have the writing on..

12. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Yeah true and I contacted the seller to explain what's happened. I don't know how to contact Dan Stein (DJ Fresh) But Adam F uses Facebook so I've tried messaging him about it. Do you know how I could contact him? Also do you or does anyone else you know own the album and does your/their version have writing on it when it was bought or not?

13. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

OR

just wash it off.

I´d recommend paint thinner and a steel brush.

14. Dalek657

Dalek657 Member

Not sure if you're trying to make a joke but I'd like to know if that's an official version or not. Do you own the CD or know someone who has owned it?