DJ Fresh & Adam F - Believer

Because I didn't exist during the jungle years this isn't the type of music I hear often so I like it. But yes those vocals are pretty cheesy, gotta have them to satisfy some of the new fans though I guess (assuming that they're considered in the process of making a tune).

I heard this on Annie mac's show last night.
There are obvious nods to the old skool but this has next to no resemblance to real jungle. Can't imagine any dj's other than fresh or Adam f playing this at a rave. Sounds like it's made purely for the radio.
Even more disturbing was how they talked about the tune and the scene before they played it. Don't get me wrong both these guys have done some legendary shit in the scene back in the day but saying that now is a good time to bring jungle back to a commercial audience and the USA just made me cringe. Could you imagine people like diplo pushing this sound commercially in the states, which would in turn be marketed in the U.K?
A horrible hybrid of our own music fed back to us wrapped up in some EDM branding.
I don't think fresh will be happy until he's squeezed every penny out of commercial drum and bass. I just hope the real core of the scene survives this.

sounds like M People gone jungle, not feeling it much. bit like those 'oldskool' attempts on chase & status last album

did like this one tho...

Someone mentioned chase & status which reminds me, did anyone see those videos of them making grime?
Sounded good

tis OK. barely thread-worthy. Could probably go back and find 20 tunes that sound almost the same as this from the late 90's...vocals are just on the tip of too much. Fresh needs to retire NOW

I've heard a lot worse from them I guess!

Kind of reminds me a little of renegade snares with a bit more cheese to it.

Came into this thread fully expecting to fucking hate this but this is great, easily the best thing they have ever done together (or seperately) in quite a number of years.

Vocals probably a bit much, but its a pop song with defiantly non-pop rhythms in it, and despite the fact that it was all done a lot better back in the day it still sounds refreshing IMO. Love the way they reined in the tempo a little too.

I like it, yeah vocals are cheesy but, it's catchy I would much rather listen to this than most other pop music about today.

Back
Top Bottom