June Miller – Autumn to ashes
--Ed Rush & Optical – Watermelon
Upbeats – Alone (Fourward remix)
--Kasra & SPY – Surface
Alix Perez ft Metropolis – Blueprint
--Foreign Concept – Mob justice
Noisia ft Phace – MPD
Emperor – She said
--Ulterior Motive – Timekeeper (Calyx & Teebee remix)
Maztek – Limber
--Bad Company – The pulse
Gridlock & Prolix – Membrane
--Culture Shock – Vice chase
Friction & Skream – Kingpin (Calyx & Teebee remix)
Dimension – Synth city
Chords – Amygdala
--Loadstar – Scorpio
Fourward – Streetknowledge
--Reni Lavice – Perfect world
Wilkinson – Take you higher
Bassline & Drumsound – One in a million (Tantrum Desire remix)
Rudimental – Right here (Andy C remix)
Loadstar – Refuse to love
Optiv & CZA – Journey inwards
--Mampi Swift – The one
Maztek – Upanddown
--Break – The truth
Mefjus – Signalz
--Culture Shock – Troglodyte
Rockwell – Detroit
Sub Focus – Timewarp VIP
Upbeats – One Step
--Sub Focus – Juno
Enei & Mefjus – Crawlers
--June Miller – Snapcase
Memtrix – Numbers
Loadstar – Don’t want to be alone
Die & Jenna G – 1000 Soul songs (Break remix)
Black Sun Empire – Killing the light (Icicle remix)
-Reni Lavice – Regrets
Hybris ft Rido – The thing
--Dub Phizix – I’m a creator
NickBee – Human race (Amoss remix)
--Icicle & Commix – Ulta clean
Frankee – Harlequin
Optiv & BTK – You got me so
--Chroma – Acetate
Bladerunner – Late night caller
--Hamilton – Brainstorm
Kove – Gone (6am mix)
Andy C – Roll on
--Loadstar – Bethere
Emperor – Begin
--Mefjus & Insideinfo – Blunt
--Culture Shock – Machine

Daft Punk – Give life back to music
--Groove Chronicles - Stonecold​

Listened to this on my way into work this mornin. Selection was propa! Beat matching was flawless considering you were bringing in tracks so quickly and EQing was spot on :) and that track at the end is well funky.

Streetknowledge & Perfect world worked well together and when Timewarp came in out of nowhere I felt like shitting my pants. Woulda went off inna d rave

Good mix, gonna keep it on my phone for future listening pleasure :2thumbs:

Gonna check dis; I still have your dark summer mix from last year :smash:

- - - Updated - - -

Just downloaded, will feedback tomorrow. By the way is there no 320 version of this?

Finally gave this a listen early this morning, really helped me wake up and deal with a load of stress from staff phoning in sick lol.

Intro was large- always wanted to start a set with 'Signal' but never found anything that suits it perfectly, liked how 'tangerine' dropped when I was expecting 'mythos' instead.

Rest of the mix was far quicker mixing than I was expecting, not majorly clued up on a lot of the tunes in the mix so it was definitely good to hear some fresh beats in my ears with some older bits (mampi swift- one, doesn't get played enough anymore!)

Only criticism I'd have is that some mixes just kinda came out of nowhere sometimes- 'perfect world' just sorta appeared and even though the beat matching was perfect and mix sounded sick as it threw me a little at first, might be my personal preference but I always like a bit of build up to the drop.

But that aside I thoroughly enjoyed it, will definitely be stopping on my iPhone for near future, need to work out the names of some of the tunes in there and buy them myself lol, big up dude!

Finally gave this a listen early this morning, really helped me wake up and deal with a load of stress from staff phoning in sick lol.

Intro was large- always wanted to start a set with 'Signal' but never found anything that suits it perfectly, liked how 'tangerine' dropped when I was expecting 'mythos' instead.

Rest of the mix was far quicker mixing than I was expecting, not majorly clued up on a lot of the tunes in the mix so it was definitely good to hear some fresh beats in my ears with some older bits (mampi swift- one, doesn't get played enough anymore!)

Only criticism I'd have is that some mixes just kinda came out of nowhere sometimes- 'perfect world' just sorta appeared and even though the beat matching was perfect and mix sounded sick as it threw me a little at first, might be my personal preference but I always like a bit of build up to the drop.

But that aside I thoroughly enjoyed it, will definitely be stopping on my iPhone for near future, need to work out the names of some of the tunes in there and buy them myself lol, big up dude!

Respect for the indepth feedback. Will be checking your mix tomorrow morning.

Large mix as always geez, some really well thought out mixes here.
Have to agree with what Zack said about stuff coming out of nowhere, although with some mixes it sounded sick, I would like to have heard more of a buildup to some of the drops. Main example of this is

Maztek – Limber

If you had cut in The Pulse intro synth maybe 8 bars before the drop I’d have gone fucking mad knowing it was coming. Similarly,

Maztek – Limber
Gridlock & Prolix – Membrane (This should say Babylon btw)

Babylon has such a wicked build up and would have sounded sick building up with Limber, I think the drop loses a bit of impact when you don’t get a full build up if that makes sense.

Intro was dope, was not expecting Tangerine to come in where it did, really clever stuff then the next part

--Kasra & SPY – Surface

Was fucking largeness. Autumn To Ashes and Alone sound brilliant together.

Some of my favourite mixes were

Noisia ft Phace – MPD
Emperor – She said

Maztek – Upanddown
--Break – The truth
Mefjus – Signalz
Rockwell – Detroit

^ This was a big section, the way Signalz came in was largeness.
And

Kove – Gone (6am mix)
Andy C – Roll on
--Loadstar – Bethere
Emperor – Begin

Was such a good way to finish it off.
Large up geez, definitely your strongest mix I think. Beat matching was spot on as expected. Don’t leave it so long next time!

Large mix as always geez, some really well thought out mixes here.
Have to agree with what Zack said about stuff coming out of nowhere, although with some mixes it sounded sick, I would like to have heard more of a buildup to some of the drops. Main example of this is

Maztek – Limber

If you had cut in The Pulse intro synth maybe 8 bars before the drop I’d have gone fucking mad knowing it was coming. Similarly,

Maztek – Limber
Gridlock & Prolix – Membrane (This should say Babylon btw)

Babylon has such a wicked build up and would have sounded sick building up with Limber, I think the drop loses a bit of impact when you don’t get a full build up if that makes sense.

Intro was dope, was not expecting Tangerine to come in where it did, really clever stuff then the next part

--Kasra & SPY – Surface

Was fucking largeness. Autumn To Ashes and Alone sound brilliant together.

Some of my favourite mixes were

Noisia ft Phace – MPD
Emperor – She said

Maztek – Upanddown
--Break – The truth
Mefjus – Signalz
Rockwell – Detroit

^ This was a big section, the way Signalz came in was largeness.
And

Kove – Gone (6am mix)
Andy C – Roll on
--Loadstar – Bethere
Emperor – Begin

Was such a good way to finish it off.
Large up geez, definitely your strongest mix I think. Beat matching was spot on as expected. Don’t leave it so long next time!

Cheers dude!!!

I was happy with it. All this feedback taken on board. The next one will be better and stronger.

Gave this a listen this morning. Can't focus on one area or more in particular as the energy level was nuts throughout. Kinda reminded me of the sets a few friends of mine are spinning around here lately; techy and dancefloor but with more than a few heavy deep bits to keep the crowd moving. This would, as is the case with the original Dark Summer, just utterly destroy a dancefloor at a rave. I would thoroughly lose my shit if I was in the club when this got spun.

That said, a few bits of noteworthy interest: Signal -> Mythos -> Tangerine was such a tease. I've always loved Signal but never found a good way to make it the star of the mix, as it was always used to as a tease. Needless to say, Tangerine came outta nowhere. Really cool little mix there. I gotta agree with Nuera on the whole buildup thing. I know a switch on a drop can be a bit mad at times, but the build up on the Gridlok tune is so dirty. If it was cut straight into Limber at that exact moment it would have been utter largeness, but I still vibed to it nonetheless.

Blueprint -> Mob Justice was also a nice pairing. Like those two tunes should have always been tested together, glad it worked. Same for Streetknowledge and Perfect World, the latter of which came in and made me just bounce in my seat. Gets me every damned time. I have to say that though I loved Amygdala, I didn't like the mix with Scorpio. Something sounded off to me on that one. Might have been the highs.

Signalz -> Troggy -> Detroit -> Timewarp VIP was a big miss of fuck-off business. Thoroughly lost it during this section. Really, really heavy and made me bounce between two step and three/four and whatever the fuck beat Detroit is without thinking. That's the mark of a good mix. The energy in this section was out of control.

Starting with Don't Wanna Be Alone, the vibe gets a little lower, but still nonetheless is really good. I like the flow from it to the darker, more deep-based stuff like The Thing, Icicle Remix of BSE and Creator (a cute little tease, btw). And then it gets right back into the more RAM-based flow with Harlequin (standout tune of the Frankee EP, for me!), and the rest is just gravy. I fucking love that Gone 6AM mix and think you really made it work here. The highs and mids on it worked really well with the other tunes. And then rolling into Begin with the two teases... fuck off, man. That was a fantastic way to end that mix. I never knew Begin and Machine would work so well together.

Like I said, this kept me moving, and I would adore the chance to get to see a mix like this when out at a night. Keep up the series, bruv!

Back
Top Bottom