dJ fLiCkY - Dark Christmas

djflicky

VIP Junglist
Slide1_zpsa75b9292.jpg

Slide1copy_zpsb83dd7c8.jpg

Last edited:
beauty timing! i have an 80 minute drive home tomorrow, it looks like ive got something to listen to now
merry christmas buddy

great opening, obviously the tunes work well together with Loko having a big impact, with Centrifuge banging it can tell this is going to an intense mix.. loved the techy flow from there, with The Beginning grasping my ear, everything well EQed and the mixes tight, tunes pounding it from all directions, alot i didnt really know and some very interesting ways of mixing the 3rd track
We fall Away made me go insane, big big mix there, with Black and Whites catchy synth rolling through with Aliens, and I usually hate that tune but you put on a edge onit that i really enjoyed.
Deadly and keeps flowing from there with the vocal of the SPY tune keeping me engaged with the mix then taking me through a bit of journey till the next set of vocals from Blind Faith giving me the ecstasy feeling and the bass switch !!! ARGGGHHH!!
When Its Jazzy came in it just had me buzzing and the little eqing on there was pretty class, shows your having fun with the mix and Enei came in hard.
Always start figiting after the hour but keep things interesting with Hazards new track, but did loose me abit from there, just wanted a little change in direction just to bring the mix down nicely but thats personal preference, still ended the mix in style with the mixes around 2012 really catching my ear .
Outro was smart too, very entertaining 9/10

great opening, obviously the tunes work well together with Loko having a big impact, with Centrifuge banging it can tell this is going to an intense mix.. loved the techy flow from there, with The Beginning grasping my ear, everything well EQed and the mixes tight, tunes pounding it from all directions, alot i didnt really know and some very interesting ways of mixing the 3rd track
We fall Away made me go insane, big big mix there, with Black and Whites catchy synth rolling through with Aliens, and I usually hate that tune but you put on a edge onit that i really enjoyed.
Deadly and keeps flowing from there with the vocal of the SPY tune keeping me engaged with the mix then taking me through a bit of journey till the next set of vocals from Blind Faith giving me the ecstasy feeling and the bass switch !!! ARGGGHHH!!
When Its Jazzy came in it just had me buzzing and the little eqing on there was pretty class, shows your having fun with the mix and Enei came in hard.
Always start figiting after the hour but keep things interesting with Hazards new track, but did loose me abit from there, just wanted a little change in direction just to bring the mix down nicely but thats personal preference, still ended the mix in style with the mixes around 2012 really catching my ear .
Outro was smart too, very entertaining 9/10

Haha cheers dude. Love the deep feedback, much appreciate :)

Been meaning to give the listen it deserves with a tracklist like that Mr Flicky, but didn't have a huge amount of time in the holidays.

Not a fan of Wilkinson, but the intro was alright & when Skank came in + how it came in, the flow of the mix was set. Bassline Secret I remembered being quite nice when I first heard it before this mix & sounded nice in there. I think I blinked & missed Centrifuge cos Timer was in by 3:45 & worked a treat, how your brought it in & what it was mixed with. Fav mix so far with Timer. Smokescreen - Double Tap sounded nice with elements in both complimenting each other & the hooks of the tunes peaking clearly from the mix. Feed The Machine - Arwell was really pacey & energetic, plus fair play for playing The Beginning, one of my fav Moving Fusion tunes :) Soulmagnet - Who We Are - Heroes & Villains - Thunderbolt flowed really well with the energy of the tunes rolling nicely back to back & enjoyed the mix with Murmur, the filthy notes of that with the synthy hooks of Thunderbolt worked a peach. Thunderbolt - Struggle & The Pain was quite nice too. Feeling the Troglodyte tease + when Minesweeper came, that sat well on the back of S&TP. Must start playing Minesweeper more. Minesweeper - Cracker vip worked really well with the bouncey beats in both working a treat together. Heard Hype play Cracker vip with something a few weeks back that worked so well with it. Cracker vip - We Fall Away was quality with the Cracker hook & the stabby bits in We Fall Away filling in the other tunes parts where they breathe. Aliens rmx - Pick Pocket was brought the energy of the mix up a bit, but wasn't feeling Black & White where it was. The breakdown to Kicked To Death intro was pleasing to hear. Moving Fast rmx - Analogue Dreams - Understand link rather well, just not too familiar of those tune.

Snapcase moved in off the middle of Understand as the energy in Understand eased off a little. Machine - Drum Circle really stepped things up again. Wicked mix & quite technical with the drum beats of both intertwined. Next fav mix right there :) Enjoyed the simplicity of Frozen into Dogs & Frogs. Vimana kinda sat back in the mix & was wicked hearing Contaminant in your mix. Heard it in the Kasra & Foreign Concept Star Wars mix & sounds like a more dj friendly version of Sabre - Global. Vocals in Blind Faith moving in really quickly of the words in Hammer In My Heart + the actual tune of Hammer In My Heart shaping the mix up nicely for One Scratch to naturally fit in & Its Jazzy is always pleasing to hear. Tripel - Bring Out was a wicked mix with the pace of Tripel working with the bouncey hooks & shuffley flecks in Bring Out (another tune I need to start playing more). Never Be The Same felt like it went in the tracklist well & Distordance contrasted it. Distordance - Real Talk worked where I didn't think it would. Whatever rmx rolled in well with Vice Chase complimenting that filth. Wasn't really fond of Mad One - Iodine - Twisted vip section (thats only my taste) but 2012 flowed nicely off the back of Twisted vip. Not feeling the mix of the last 2 tunes either + it ended abruptly for the flow of that last mix.

Quality mix the majority the way through really. Enjoyed pretty much all the teases & 3 deck stuff. Just some of the tunes weren't up my street, but a pleasing listen all the same, with a pretty big tunes to minutes ratio. Was a bit put off when I first saw the tracklist written up like that I got to say, but a week or so on it looks ok.

Back
Top Bottom