DJ Dizzy - Smells Like Safrole (trancey dnb)

djdizzy

i just wrapped up another song, it's my usual style of trancey drum n bass. the lead melody is a supersaw from my roland jp8000 and the other sounds are from sylenth and zebra. as insane as it sounds i don't usually put bass sounds in my songs cuz i'm not get at getting the movement i want out of them to make them work so i lean more on the melodic/trancey side using pads for the somewhat-low end above the sub bass. this time i finally put a bass sound in the song, used Dune as the synth for the bass, not much modulation but i think it works real well due to the melody. the song's namesake comes from the "rolly" vibe of the bass, some of you might "get it", some might not ;)

anyway i hope you guys like it. i've been putting a lot of time into a couple different songs i've been working on lately but have hit a slump cuz of job stress. there's nothing like spending most of your life in a damn office to kill your creativity and suck your soul dry too for that matter :\ damn capitalist effect on life and society

i re-did the drums since it seemed they came across a little weak before. not much else changed aside from a little the phases are sequenced a little differently, i think it definitely sounds much better now. in comparison it definitely makes the drums in the original seem weak. i'm not really going for thunder drums or anything like that, but i think the song's coming across properly now. the bass sounds cleaner now too, i must've done bad EQ work on the drums in the original.

the original is in the original post above, let me know which you guys think sounds better

Listening to both is a little tl;dr—I did listen to the second version, and enjoyed it. It was very bright and upbeat, and had lots of energy. I really enjoyed the "trancy" synth sounds you built it with. I did notice some space in the upper frequencies available in your mix to add something, but still with the effects and everything it was a well put together song.

Back
Top Bottom