DJ Danny Intro - The Return of Danny Darko - Saturday 11th May 2013

Danny_Intro

VIP Junglist

SATURDAY 11TH MAY 2013

LINK TO THE MIX :-

Back once again !! Welcome to the 'The, cause Rudi T told me to go harder' mix

Been almost a year since my last full on dark mix and about 3 years since 'The Attack of Danny Darko' mix.
Plus I was told by Rudi T to back to my 'roots' and play some darker bits, so this mix goes out to him..
For this mix Iv tried use a wide spectrum of all the techy tunes I enjoy, plus a few older bits thrown in.

Really hope you enjoy, and any comments are very welcome.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

EVENTS IM PLAYING :-

11//05//2013
DON'T PANIC - 4TH BIRTHDAY ALL-NIGHT SHINDIG !!!
https://www.facebook.com/events/573087146045873/

25//05//2013
RippeR Part 24 - 'Bank Holiday 3AM Special' @ The Club, Altrincham
https://www.facebook.com/events/188627584622084/

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

*Track Title - Artist - ( Record Label )

01. District - Overlook & Phanton - ( HORIZONS )

02. Blue Eyes VIP - Skeptical - ( INGREDIENTS ) - ( tease )

03. Splinter In Your Mind - Villem - ( INGREDIENTS )

04. Enemy Of The State - Gridlock - ( COMMERCIAL SUICIDE )

05. Slander - Optiv & BTK - ( PLAYAZ )

06. Motor - Phace & Misanthrop - ( NEOSIGNAL )

07. The Way Things Were - Wickaman & Suddendeaf - ( INFRARED )

08. Losing It - Hybris - ( DISPATCH )

09. Subterranean Wasteland ( Philth Remix ) - Eleven8 - ( FLEX OUT AUDIO )

10. 4 Days - Bad Company - ( BC )

11. MPD - Phace & Misanthrop - ( NEOSIGNAL )

12. Count To Ten - DRS featuring Enei - ( SOUL:R )

13. Midnight Funk - Lynx - ( PLAYAZ )

14. Sabretooth ( Audio Remix ) - Optiv & BTK - ( DUTTY AUDIO )

15. Back To The Jungle - State of Mine - ( SHOGUN )

16. Vault - Pendulum - ( 31 RECORDS )

17. Block Control - Noisia - ( MOVING SHADOW )

18. Phantom Force ( Fracture's Astrophonica Remix ) - Digital & Spirit - ( PHANTOM )

19. Nemesis - Athys & Duster - ( TITAN )

20. Let Yourself Go - Optiv & BTK - ( VIRUS )

21. Get Busy - Fracture featuring Dawn Day Night - ( EXIT )

22. Ragz - Dub Phizix & Skeptical - ( EXIT )

23. Jericho - S.P.Y & Total Science - ( CLEARSKYZ )

Outro :- Please don't go (D∆ Chron Future Screw Edit) - Quarry - ( STYLSS )

*All rights to the tracks are those of the producers / record labels named above*

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Find // Follow // Like DJ Danny Intro on :-

Facebook :- http://www.facebook.com/DannyIntro
Twitter :- http://twitter.com/DJDannyIntro
Mixcloud :- http://www.mixcloud.com/DJDannyIntro/
Soundcloud :- http://www.soundcloud.com/DJDannyIntro
Youtube :- http://www.youtube.com/user/DJDannyIntro
Myspace :- http://www.myspace.com/djdrzander
Aim :- Danny Intro
Facebook page :- DJ Intro​

Big mix Danny was a good listen! My fav bit was

4 Days into Subterranean Wasteland was sick, 4 Days being one of my favourite Bad Company tunes so was good to hear also Block Control into Vault was good loved how you kept the mix in for a while then Phantom Force rmx came in quick after, btw were you playing on 3 decks? Onto the negative if I were to be honest there were a few little slips near the end but the average listener probably wouldn't be able to tell so wouldn't worry about that, don't want to sound a c*nt just being honest ;)

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaap Daniel!! That looks wicked...mixed no doubt to the highest standards. As usual I shall be nicking the best mixes in the hope that you don't notice.

You're LARGE mate will give this a spin tomorrow. :gun:

Big mix Danny was a good listen! My fav bit was

4 Days into Subterranean Wasteland was sick, 4 Days being one of my favourite Bad Company tunes so was good to hear also Block Control into Vault was good loved how you kept the mix in for a while then Phantom Force rmx came in quick after, btw were you playing on 3 decks? Onto the negative if I were to be honest there were a few little slips near the end but the average listener probably wouldn't be able to tell so wouldn't worry about that, don't want to sound a c*nt just being honest ;)

Cheers for the feedback ! Yeah I need to include that its 3 decks ! Totally forgot tbh so used to it now..
I also liked the section you referred to only bought a few of those tunes specially for the mix, so glad they blended well !
There were some slips, bit gutted bout them tbh, but just shows its a real mix - im sure iv heard a few mixes lately with help from the sync button
will give some feedback on a mix of yours if theres one knocking about

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaap Daniel!! That looks wicked...mixed no doubt to the highest standards. As usual I shall be nicking the best mixes in the hope that you don't notice.

You're LARGE mate will give this a spin tomorrow. :gun:

Haha yes my mate ! let me know what you think , giving yours a listen now !

Nice one its in my sig! Theres a slip in mine but not too bothered as most people wouldn't notice, I can tell it does my head in but just wanted to record in one take.

Wasn't completely bowled over by the look of the tracklist, but gave it a whirl.

Good to hear Splinter In Your Mind again & rolling well with District. Splinter In Your Mind - Enemy Of The State sat together nicely with the differing beat structures & whirring bass of EOTS pushing out from the mix. Should have picked up that tune myself when it came out :-/ Wasn't feeling the cut then back to the mix around 13 mins with Motor & the Wickaman colab. Slight vocal clash on The Way Things Were & Losing It, but a very energetic and hectic mix. Been waiting to hear Losing It in a members mix & the mix into is was quality. Maybe could have taken out TWTW when Losing It eased down at the central break. The dirty relentless bassline of 4 Days eased into the mix very well. Naturally the mix goes a bit scatty at the swinging bits of Vault and those eased slides next time round on the swinging bits I wasn't feeling either.

Keeping Block Control in for the mix with Phantom Force rmx was a nice touch. Been working on keeping the tune in before when mixing Phantom Force rmx myself. The mix with Let Yourself Go - Get Busy didn't really jell for me as much as other mixes I have heard with Get Busy, but the mix with Ragz made up for that... came in a bit early than I imagined when it would come in & keeping in Get Busy when it was winding down kinda took some of the energy out of that mix, which could have been my favourite mix in there. Sounded like a little tweak when Jericho was coming in, but that could have been in the tune. Not keen on whacking a completely different tune on the end of a mix which was going in one direction, then to go a completely different direction, but thats just me. Its like playing some Burial after a dnb set.

Quite a nice mix all together though

Wasn't completely bowled over by the look of the tracklist, but gave it a whirl.

Good to hear Splinter In Your Mind again & rolling well with District. Splinter In Your Mind - Enemy Of The State sat together nicely with the differing beat structures & whirring bass of EOTS pushing out from the mix. Should have picked up that tune myself when it came out :-/ Wasn't feeling the cut then back to the mix around 13 mins with Motor & the Wickaman colab. Slight vocal clash on The Way Things Were & Losing It, but a very energetic and hectic mix. Been waiting to hear Losing It in a members mix & the mix into is was quality. Maybe could have taken out TWTW when Losing It eased down at the central break. The dirty relentless bassline of 4 Days eased into the mix very well. Naturally the mix goes a bit scatty at the swinging bits of Vault and those eased slides next time round on the swinging bits I wasn't feeling either.

Keeping Block Control in for the mix with Phantom Force rmx was a nice touch. Been working on keeping the tune in before when mixing Phantom Force rmx myself. The mix with Let Yourself Go - Get Busy didn't really jell for me as much as other mixes I have heard with Get Busy, but the mix with Ragz made up for that... came in a bit early than I imagined when it would come in & keeping in Get Busy when it was winding down kinda took some of the energy out of that mix, which could have been my favourite mix in there. Sounded like a little tweak when Jericho was coming in, but that could have been in the tune. Not keen on whacking a completely different tune on the end of a mix which was going in one direction, then to go a completely different direction, but thats just me. Its like playing some Burial after a dnb set.

Quite a nice mix all together though

Wicked mate, the kind of constructive criticism iv needed so thank you for taking the time to listen and review !
Alot of things to think about and work on there, I do struggle when I doing one genre of DnB.
Will work on a few things mentioned and try and find more tunes that blend well with each other, but I prefer to get tunes that arent meant to sit with each other to try and create something new, but obviously hasnt worked on this occasion. An fair shout about the Quake track at the end, personally I need to come down after a mix.. Look forward to your next mix dude !

Back
Top Bottom