DnB DJ Danny Intro - "Since We've Been Apart" - 3 Decks - Friday 14th December 2012

Danny_Intro

VIP Junglist
SinceWeveBeenApart-Front.jpg

SinceWeveBeenApart-Back-1.jpg

FRIDAY 14th DECEMBER 2012

Something a little different from me..
Not had my pioneer mixer for over 4 months so this my mix dedicated to having it back !
Really wanted to try and showcase what I'm capable of as a Drum and Bass DJ trying to use different styles, old and new, and technique's that are a little different from the norm.
Put blood , sweat and tears into this mix so hope you enjoy it much as I have making it !

Catch me playing at RippeR Part 22 in Altrincham, Cheshire - Saturday 15th December 2012
Event page :- http://www.facebook.com/events/335452456553706/

LINK TO THE MIX :- http://soundcloud.com/djdannyintro/dj-danny-intro-since-weve-been

**Track-list = Track Title - Artist - RECORD LABEL

01. Tundra - June Miller and Mindmapper - ( HORIZONS )

02. Cardinals - Overlook - ( HORIZONS )

03. Out There - Dub Phixiz - ( INGREDIENTS )

04. Watermelon - Ed Rush and Optical - ( VIRUS )

05. Rain - Rockwell - ( SHOGUN )

06. Since We've Been Apart - D Bridge - ( SHOGUN )

07. Boundary Lines - Random Movement - ( INTRIGUE )

08. The Return - Critical Impact - ( FORMATION )

09. Special Dedication - Sigma - ( STREETLIFE )

10. Species - Nu Elements - ( DIGITAL TERROR )

11. Crater - Prolix and Nocturnal - ( RENEGADE HARDWARE )

12. 2012 - Enei and Eastcolour - ( CRITICAL )

13. Gangster - Mampi Swift - ( CHARGE )

14. Elevate This Sound - Calyx and Teebee - ( RAM )

15. All Around - Break - ( SYMMETRY )

16. Alien Groove - Icicle - ( SHOGUN )

17. Headroom - Audio - VIRUS

18. Titles Are Hard - M Zine & Scepticz - PROXIMITY

19. One Scratch - Wickaman, Hoodlum and Mavrik - PROGRAM

20. - - - Outtaspace - M.I,S.T - SOUL:R

21. Grandfunk Hussle - Break & Die - SOUNDBOY DIGITAL

22. Be The Music - Mutated Forms -

23. Kujo - Dub Motion -

24. Abdominal Vibes - Tyke - GRID

25. Driller Killer VIP - Jaydan - GANJA

26. 1471 - Spirit - INTERACTIVE

27. Incredible - M Beat and General Levy - RECK

28. *Bonus Track: Fire - Jake Bugg - MERCURY

*All rights to the tracks are those of the producers / record labels named above*

----------------------

Find // Follow // Like DJ Danny Intro on :-
Facebook :- http://www.facebook.com/DannyIntro
Twitter :- http://twitter.com/DJDannyIntro
Mixcloud :- http://www.mixcloud.com/DJDannyIntro/
Soundcloud :- DJDannyIntro
Youtube :- http://www.youtube.com/user/DJDannyIntro
Myspace :- http://www.myspace.com/djdrzander
Aim :- Danny Intro
Facebook page :- DJ Intro

Last edited:
i'll jump on this, would be nice if you return that favor ;)

Not been on here for awhile, will be checking alot out over the next week man, gotta get things ready for my event tomorrow ! Buzzin !

This looks hench as always Danny, looking forward to hear it!

Thankyou very much, will be chuffed to hear what you think, probably my favourite mix iv done this year, enjoy :)

cardinals and out there was lovely.
crater and 2012 was lovelier.
elevate this sound and all around. Didnt like elevate this sound as a tune till i heard this, has potential, great mix.
went on a mad one at the end- yes

Enjoyed it man should be happy with this

cardinals and out there was lovely.
crater and 2012 was lovelier.
elevate this sound and all around. Didnt like elevate this sound as a tune till i heard this, has potential, great mix.
went on a mad one at the end- yes

Enjoyed it man should be happy with this

well thank you very much !! very very happy with that feedback, and glad you listening right to the end to get the 3 tune mixed at once, that was solid !
Crater >> 2012 actually made me rush my back out the first time I did it so glad you liked it.
and chuffed Iv made you think otherwise about Elevate this Sound, its a banger in my book, special once the hollow bass sound comes in
cheers for checking, very greatful !

checking this Danny. Will leave some thoughts in due course.

Would love to hear what you think, thank you !

ok. this was really good Danny.

Tundra >> Out There >> Cardinals was a great three section burst to get this going. Like the moody vibe you've created already here. Someone else played Out There in a mix recently to which I reminded myself to dig it out. Quality stuff.

Digged the Outtaspace splitmix over One Scratch Bass. Think everytime I hear Outtaspace I just start going nutty. then into Grand Funk Hustle... big big big.

All in all this is fucking swish matey. Really digged the majority of the selection, and the deeper techier parts like the opening 3 tunes really had me locked.

big ups, and hope the night is a success :2thumbs:

Someone else played Out There in a mix recently to which I reminded myself to dig it out.

;)

Finally got round to your mix Danny, as I have been meaning to since you peeped my Beats & Bass part 1 mix. Tracklist looks quality, a fair selection of tunes from a wide spectrum of dnb that I like. Ambient mild / steppy / classics / glitchy / deep rolling / jump up / dancefloor all in there for a great mix of styles. Yep I'm at it again.

Larvly intro as I would have expected with a name like Danny Intro. Cardinals rolled seamlessly off the back of Tundra as I haven't overly listened to either of them, the blend seemed effortless. Really enjoyed the steppy pace of Out There walking into the mix too + pleased to see someone else repping that tune recently :) I'm getting flavours of Watermelon peaking through as the break down in Out There appears. Wicked drop & arrangement with Watermelon & Out There. Well thought out & the two tunes vibe-ing off each other nicely. Plus when The Rain comes into Watermelon.... wow! That blend is quality, didn't expect those two to work so well, being of different era's, but that mix worked a treat. Feeling where you are bringing tunes in too, especially Since We've Been Apart & that Watermelon mix before. Letting most of the intro in with SWBA is a nice touch as you get to hear a nice chunk of what would (personally) normally be the cue-ing part of the tune & letting it roll through the breakdown of the tune before, so that there is less downturn in energy when the breakdown comes round. Not heard Boundary Lines before, but that blend with SWBA is very easily listening with the vocals of both bouncing off each other a bit & not clashing at all. The Return came in well with the intro of that building for a nice mix, just felt like the bass in The Return doesn't push through enough in some mixes, but it sounded ok.

Vocal of Special Dedication didn't sound out of place where it is in the mix + both that & the actual tune went well with The Return. Just didn't think the jump up & breakbeaty bits would go, but it worked. The synthy hook in Species pushed through rather strong on the top of Special Dedication. Species - Crater brought the pace up a notch with the technical drum patterns of Crater rolling through the Species notes. Crater - 2012 was a quality mix & easily my fav mix so far :) with the pacey drums of Crater complimenting the relentless bass of 2012 (reminds me a fair bit of Far Too Close does 2012). Not a fan of Gangsta, but when it started coming in, I liked the way the epic-ish intro stabs filled in the bouncy building build up melodic bit in 2012, each time one bit breathed- the other tune talked. Heard Elevate This Sound far too much by now, but the way you switched it back to Gangsta when that dropped was nice. Fair play for playing All Around in there. Up there with some of my fav tunes of that LP, works nicely with ETS as both those tunes are nice rolling beats. Again, like where you brought Alien Groove in, letting that play through the breakdown of All Around. That was a nice mix & quite possibly my 2nd fav mix so far, Alien Groove bouncing on the pleasing drums of All Around. Nice one for putting Headroom in there (love that tune, just wished the other tunes on that EP were up there with that) love the rough aggy synth hooks in that tune + the way Alien Groove sat back a little, but not too much in that mix made Headroom push through just the right amount. Not heard Titles Are Hard before, but like M-zine's Endings & his tune on DnB On Demand LP, quite a nice subtley deep roller with some ticky bits in there + I enjoyed when you brought the aggy bit of Headroom back into the mix.

Titles Are Hard - One Scratch mix was built well & when One Scratch dropped, the bass's in both sat nicely together. Was wicked hearing Outtaspace in there too. Brings back memories that tune + mixed with One Scratch sounded peachy. Grand Funk Hustle eased in nicely & goes really well with One Scratch. GFH - Be The Music rmx was wicked. Used to love playing Be The Music rmx & will have to dig that out for a tink soon. Kinda dark Phantom Force style riffs in Kujo sounded very nice with Be The Music rmx as that played out. Also the rough bits of Kujo changed Abominable Vibes in to a more wobbley affair, as opposed to the slightly steppy tune that it is. Driller Killer vip started to ease in & yet again twisted Abominable Vibes into something more pleasing. The whipping bits from both those tunes bouncing nicely off each other on the ends of every 4 bars was wicked. 1471 rolled in with almost instantaneous vocals of Incredible's unmistakable vocals in for the mix. Interesting hearing a bit of Jake Bugg on the end. A vast contrast to all that has come before in the mix, like feathers tickling my ears in comparison.

Pure quality mixing & selection right the way through this mix. Liked the way you brought in tunes before the middle breakdown, keeping things fresh & sometimes not letting the energy of the mix dip as mentioned in the paragraphs above. Looking forward to your next mix Danny. Interested to see your next tracklist.

Last edited:
heavy mix, enjoyed it

10. Species - Nu Elements - ( DIGITAL TERROR )

wasn't sure how that could possibly fit in with that selection but you pulled it off I reckon, nice one

ok. this was really good Danny.

Tundra >> Out There >> Cardinals was a great three section burst to get this going. Like the moody vibe you've created already here. Someone else played Out There in a mix recently to which I reminded myself to dig it out. Quality stuff.

Digged the Outtaspace splitmix over One Scratch Bass. Think everytime I hear Outtaspace I just start going nutty. then into Grand Funk Hustle... big big big.

All in all this is fucking swish matey. Really digged the majority of the selection, and the deeper techier parts like the opening 3 tunes really had me locked.

big ups, and hope the night is a success :2thumbs:

Well thank you very much ! The nights doing well, been going for two years, we moved into Manchester earlier in the year, but moved it back to local things again as its less stress..
Really greatful for the feedback, and chuffed you like the intro as I didnt add it till later, wanted to try and build the mix up so glad its worked !
Outtaspace I bought on vinyl last month for like £3 so had to be used, and makes me rush everytime.. have you heard that mix before by the way ??
Thank you again for checking !!

;)

Finally got round to your mix Danny, as I have been meaning to since you peeped my Beats & Bass part 1 mix. Tracklist looks quality, a fair selection of tunes from a wide spectrum of dnb that I like. Ambient mild / steppy / classics / glitchy / deep rolling / jump up / dancefloor all in there for a great mix of styles. Yep I'm at it again.

Larvly intro as I would have expected with a name like Danny Intro. Cardinals rolled seamlessly off the back of Tundra as I haven't overly listened to either of them, the blend seemed effortless. Really enjoyed the steppy pace of Out There walking into the mix too + pleased to see someone else repping that tune recently :) I'm getting flavours of Watermelon peaking through as the break down in Out There appears. Wicked drop & arrangement with Watermelon & Out There. Well thought out & the two tunes vibe-ing off each other nicely. Plus when The Rain comes into Watermelon.... wow! That blend is quality, didn't expect those two to work so well, being of different era's, but that mix worked a treat. Feeling where you are bringing tunes in too, especially Since We've Been Apart & that Watermelon mix before. Letting most of the intro in with SWBA is a nice touch as you get to hear a nice chunk of what would (personally) normally be the cue-ing part of the tune & letting it roll through the breakdown of the tune before, so that there is less downturn in energy when the breakdown comes round. Not heard Boundary Lines before, but that blend with SWBA is very easily listening with the vocals of both bouncing off each other a bit & not clashing at all. The Return came in well with the intro of that building for a nice mix, just felt like the bass in The Return doesn't push through enough in some mixes, but it sounded ok.

Vocal of Special Dedication didn't sound out of place where it is in the mix + both that & the actual tune went well with The Return. Just didn't think the jump up & breakbeaty bits would go, but it worked. The synthy hook in Species pushed through rather strong on the top of Special Dedication. Species - Crater brought the pace up a notch with the technical drum patterns of Crater rolling through the Species notes. Crater - 2012 was a quality mix & easily my fav mix so far :) with the pacey drums of Crater complimenting the relentless bass of 2012 (reminds me a fair bit of Far Too Close does 2012). Not a fan of Gangsta, but when it started coming in, I liked the way the epic-ish intro stabs filled in the bouncy building build up melodic bit in 2012, each time one bit breathed- the other tune talked. Heard Elevate This Sound far too much by now, but the way you switched it back to Gangsta when that dropped was nice. Fair play for playing All Around in there. Up there with some of my fav tunes of that LP, works nicely with ETS as both those tunes are nice rolling beats. Again, like where you brought Alien Groove in, letting that play through the breakdown of All Around. That was a nice mix & quite possibly my 2nd fav mix so far, Alien Groove bouncing on the pleasing drums of All Around. Nice one for putting Headroom in there (love that tune, just wished the other tunes on that EP were up there with that) love the rough aggy synth hooks in that tune + the way Alien Groove sat back a little, but not too much in that mix made Headroom push through just the right amount. Not heard Titles Are Hard before, but like M-zine's Endings & his tune on DnB On Demand LP, quite a nice subtley deep roller with some ticky bits in there + I enjoyed when you brought the aggy bit of Headroom back into the mix.

Titles Are Hard - One Scratch mix was built well & when One Scratch dropped, the bass's in both sat nicely together. Was wicked hearing Outtaspace in there too. Brings back memories that tune + mixed with One Scratch sounded peachy. Grand Funk Hustle eased in nicely & goes really well with One Scratch. GFH - Be The Music rmx was wicked. Used to love playing Be The Music rmx & will have to dig that out for a tink soon. Kinda dark Phantom Force style riffs in Kujo sounded very nice with Be The Music rmx as that played out. Also the rough bits of Kujo changed Abominable Vibes in to a more wobbley affair, as opposed to the slightly steppy tune that it is. Driller Killer vip started to ease in & yet again twisted Abominable Vibes into something more pleasing. The whipping bits from both those tunes bouncing nicely off each other on the ends of every 4 bars was wicked. 1471 rolled in with almost instantaneous vocals of Incredible's unmistakable vocals in for the mix. Interesting hearing a bit of Jake Bugg on the end. A vast contrast to all that has come before in the mix, like feathers tickling my ears in comparison.

Pure quality mixing & selection right the way through this mix. Liked the way you brought in tunes before the middle breakdown, keeping things fresh & sometimes not letting the energy of the mix dip as mentioned in the paragraphs above. Looking forward to your next mix Danny. Interested to see your next tracklist.

Really wasnt expecting this so im chuffed to bits, a massive massive thank you for such a detailed review, I really did put alot of work into this, so to get feedback as good as this is pretty touching and im very very greatful !!
Did you think there was any issues concerning EQing ? or even keeping things tight ? Those are my biggest worries over all
Happy youve picked up on all the styles, as I do like all Drum & Bass..

Glad you clocked the Waterelon >> Rain mix, as I also thought they wouldnt work aswell and thats what I try achieve with some mixes, also you clocked the bringing the tunes in early, which is something I also wanted to showcase, I think for home listening its nice, but when playing out you want those impact mixes so you bring the tune in later sort of thing.
Totally get what you mean about The Return, was alil unsure myself, but kinda built up the momentum for the next track and ready for Crater to push in :)
But yeah.. youve really picked out the parts that I was most happy with and cant complain with anything youve said, thrilled youve heard a few tunes that you hadnt heard before (thats always good in my book)
Thank you again ! and really hope the next one tickles you just as much. Much respect !!

Really wasnt expecting this so im chuffed to bits, a massive massive thank you for such a detailed review, I really did put alot of work into this, so to get feedback as good as this is pretty touching and im very very greatful !!
Did you think there was any issues concerning EQing ? or even keeping things tight ? Those are my biggest worries over all
Happy youve picked up on all the styles, as I do like all Drum & Bass..

Glad you clocked the Waterelon >> Rain mix, as I also thought they wouldnt work aswell and thats what I try achieve with some mixes, also you clocked the bringing the tunes in early, which is something I also wanted to showcase, I think for home listening its nice, but when playing out you want those impact mixes so you bring the tune in later sort of thing.
Totally get what you mean about The Return, was alil unsure myself, but kinda built up the momentum for the next track and ready for Crater to push in :)
But yeah.. youve really picked out the parts that I was most happy with and cant complain with anything youve said, thrilled youve heard a few tunes that you hadnt heard before (thats always good in my book)
Thank you again ! and really hope the next one tickles you just as much. Much respect !!

Its no worries Mr Intro! & its my pleasure doing detailed reviews. I can see & could hear that you had put a lot of work / time into this mix.
The EQ'ing sounded good & the bass / mid / high end sounded like the levels were well placed right the way through, bar the bass in The Return & all sounded tight through the mix. Its nice when you find mixes that sit SO well together that you've never heard anyone mix before, almost like they were waiting for someone to find that they go really well together. Plus this mix was one of the few recently that I have seen that intermixes various styles together without going to wildly extreme ends of the spectrum. Peace man

really enjoyed this man, lots of diversity but it sounded right, you didn't struggle to make it work which is really hard. i find myself struggling moving between the styles at times.

the first 5 tunes worked really well, interesting hearing watermelon used in that manner as opposed to an impact drop, but i thought it worked well. lots of vibes going on.

i was really unsure when you mixed species with special dedication, wasn't sure if it sounded right to me, however the mix out of it was superb, worked so so well, had to give it a little rewind on my laptop!

next section rolled nicely - all around into alien groove in particular worked well for me and sounded very nice.

rest of the mix carried on in this vein, mixing tight with the tunes working well together. a few wern't too my taste but there were also i few i'm going to bag off the back of this such as be the music (y)

Outro was good, anything using a spirit tune especially like redial is gona be sick. liked the cheeky tune at the end, nice piece of music.

really enjoyed this man, diverse and really well mixed, top stuff.

Wicked mix Danny, as expected! The opening was freaking huge, loved the way you got those tunes talking to each other, something I'm trying to achieve the most in my own mixes and you've totally nailed it. You see, I sometimes come across a tune I kinda like, but I don't feel it would work in my mixes so I won't buy it. Then I hear it in someone else's mix and I'm totally blown away - that's the case with first 3 tunes in there, so major props!
Anyways let's continue, absolutely dig that Watermelon > The Rain mix, easily the best mix with The Rain I've heard so far, huuuuuge! Wasn't feeling Since We've Been Apart incoming over the breakdown too much, but you've convinced me on the drop, worked pretty well together, too. Haven't heard Boundary Lines before but it sounded nice with SWBA imo. The Return coming in was nice, another cool mix, oh and here comes Special Dedication RMX, well played! And the mix out of it, oh my, this one would tear up any dancefloor! Not much of a fan of those jump-up synthy bassline tunes, but in this mix it actually worked really well.
Crater with 2012 was lovely, rolling along nicely. Bringing back a bit jungly stuff, Gangster worked surprisingly cool with 2012 and so did with Elevate This Sound. Loved the mix with All Around, really musical stuff right here. Bringing on the darkness, Alien Groove bounced right off All Around and when Headroom came in...another huge mix, gotta love Headroom, such a killer tune! Well though of that mix with Titles Are Hard, too, really nice stuff. And there goes One Scratch, I need to play this one much more often, it surely does go off, wicked tease of Outtaspace into this one.
Grandfunk Hustle worked pretty neat with One Scratch, tbh I'm not really familiar with those tunes coming in after that (apart from Incredible :teeth:), but I very much liked what I've heard and there were no issues technical-wise, so it was all good. Nice outro, too. All in all really solid mix, up there for me with your previous one. Looking forward to hear another one of yours soon mate :)

really enjoyed this man, lots of diversity but it sounded right, you didn't struggle to make it work which is really hard. i find myself struggling moving between the styles at times.

the first 5 tunes worked really well, interesting hearing watermelon used in that manner as opposed to an impact drop, but i thought it worked well. lots of vibes going on.

i was really unsure when you mixed species with special dedication, wasn't sure if it sounded right to me, however the mix out of it was superb, worked so so well, had to give it a little rewind on my laptop!

next section rolled nicely - all around into alien groove in particular worked well for me and sounded very nice.

rest of the mix carried on in this vein, mixing tight with the tunes working well together. a few wern't too my taste but there were also i few i'm going to bag off the back of this such as be the music (y)

Outro was good, anything using a spirit tune especially like redial is gona be sick. liked the cheeky tune at the end, nice piece of music.

really enjoyed this man, diverse and really well mixed, top stuff.

Its great people have connected with the intro.. it wasn't there originally but played about for abit and it sounded good :)
Cracking what you said about Watermelon and Species , I wanted some of the mixes to sound obscure so can understand what you mean
I imagine you wernt into the more jumpup tracks haha, i think the mixes are pretty raw and just wanted to throw in something to add variation
Really seems like you enjoyed it overall so chuffed man, thank you for listening !

Missed this mate. Like the way your presentation's gone a bit HABesque lol...

Sure this is gonna be fire! :gun:

Haha cheers man, Im going to start doing Artwork all the time I think, only took me 10 mins on Publisher :D let me know what you think ;)

Wicked mix Danny, as expected! The opening was freaking huge, loved the way you got those tunes talking to each other, something I'm trying to achieve the most in my own mixes and you've totally nailed it. You see, I sometimes come across a tune I kinda like, but I don't feel it would work in my mixes so I won't buy it. Then I hear it in someone else's mix and I'm totally blown away - that's the case with first 3 tunes in there, so major props!
Anyways let's continue, absolutely dig that Watermelon > The Rain mix, easily the best mix with The Rain I've heard so far, huuuuuge! Wasn't feeling Since We've Been Apart incoming over the breakdown too much, but you've convinced me on the drop, worked pretty well together, too. Haven't heard Boundary Lines before but it sounded nice with SWBA imo. The Return coming in was nice, another cool mix, oh and here comes Special Dedication RMX, well played! And the mix out of it, oh my, this one would tear up any dancefloor! Not much of a fan of those jump-up synthy bassline tunes, but in this mix it actually worked really well.
Crater with 2012 was lovely, rolling along nicely. Bringing back a bit jungly stuff, Gangster worked surprisingly cool with 2012 and so did with Elevate This Sound. Loved the mix with All Around, really musical stuff right here. Bringing on the darkness, Alien Groove bounced right off All Around and when Headroom came in...another huge mix, gotta love Headroom, such a killer tune! Well though of that mix with Titles Are Hard, too, really nice stuff. And there goes One Scratch, I need to play this one much more often, it surely does go off, wicked tease of Outtaspace into this one.
Grandfunk Hustle worked pretty neat with One Scratch, tbh I'm not really familiar with those tunes coming in after that (apart from Incredible :teeth:), but I very much liked what I've heard and there were no issues technical-wise, so it was all good. Nice outro, too. All in all really solid mix, up there for me with your previous one. Looking forward to hear another one of yours soon mate :)

Since everyone enjoyed the intro so much i think im gonna try work on something abit more minimal/moody in the new year
Those tunes you think wont work in the mix are the ones that will make you stand out as in a DJ in my eyes, crashing two tunes together that shouldnt really work has always been my goal in Drum & Bass ie. i could mix two Ram tunes together but it takes no skill in my eyes, but if i got a Ram vs. Metalheadz tune id feel like i achieved something like the Watermelon > The Rain mix :)
I know what you mean when Since We've Been Apart comes in, but wanted to capture the vocals from the start and as you say its builds nicely..
really happy you checked it out man, going to check your new one very soon, much respect ;)

Back
Top Bottom