DJ Crystl - Warp Drive 2003

Warp Drive Y2K3

New Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Location
ROTTERDAM
Has someone heard this amazing rufff mix by Crystl.....and am I Correct that the mix played by Keaton Live @ The End 1 august 2003 (Renegade Hardware) it starts about 9:03 min....and do peepz know on which label his re/mixes comes out etc etc.......
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Warp Drive Y2K3 said:
Has someone heard this amazing rufff mix by Crystl.....and am I Correct that the mix played by Keaton Live @ The End 1 august 2003 (Renegade Hardware) it starts about 9:03 min....and do peepz know on which label his re/mixes comes out etc etc.......


yep ive heard this

ITS WICKED

me want
 

Serum

Well-Known Member
VIP Junglist
Joined
Jan 30, 2002
Location
London
MOTHERFUCK!!!!!!

I only managed to put a name to the original a few days ago and found loads more great tracks by this guy
Can't wait to hear this!!!!!!
 

1992

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Location
NJ
I like the original remix but the idea of a 2003 remix makes me nervous, especially after hearing that god awefull "Bombscare" remix.

Does anyone have an audio clip to this? If its on chemical forget it though, the chemical clips are refusing to work on my computer and I don't know why.
 

V Matt

Member
VIP Junglist
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Location
London Town
1992 said:
I like the original remix but the idea of a 2003 remix makes me nervous, especially after hearing that god awefull "Bombscare" remix.

Does anyone have an audio clip to this? If its on chemical forget it though, the chemical clips are refusing to work on my computer and I don't know why.
Dunno of any clips but I have a feeling you won't like it.

I reckon it's wicked though, it's not as old skool sounding as people were probably hoping for but it tears it up. Shame the breakdown from the original is missing though.
 

1992

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Location
NJ
....heh....

The most interesting things about this tune was the intense reverb used on some of the drum hits and the atmospheric breakdown. If it doesn't have these things then its not worth while.
 

Media

Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2003
Yeah Crystl has another new thing floating about called "Fuck The Streets Up!" that Bryan has been playing lately. It is so good to see this wicked producer back after such a massive gap in his D&B career. Infact i am shocked at the amount of friends i have who profess to be 'Old Skool' and then have no idea at all who DJ Crystl is! Sad. :(
 

V Matt

Member
VIP Junglist
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Location
London Town
Media said:
Yeah Crystl has another new thing floating about called "Fuck The Streets Up!" that Bryan has been playing lately. It is so good to see this wicked producer back after such a massive gap in his D&B career. Infact i am shocked at the amount of friends i have who profess to be 'Old Skool' and then have no idea at all who DJ Crystl is! Sad. :(

The tune with that sample is the Warpdrive remix ;)
 

1992

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Location
NJ
"Fuck the streets up"


What the hell does that sample have to do with the vibe "Warp Drive" is trying to portray? The tune, to me, is about dancing yourself into oblivion, a shamanic journey of the self. NOT about a bunch of ugly ebonics speaking street thugs!

This "remix" sound aweful, I now wish I never heard about it. *throwupsmileicon*
 
Top Bottom