DJ Controllers

ello,

right i am all over the place house wise at the min and for the foreseeable future, i have a mac with traktor and i am after a controller.

can you guys recommend? i am not made of money, peace.

the cheaper the better...been looking at this...
http://www.homedj.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/kam_digi_mini.shtml

I have the Traktor Kontrol S4 and have it upgraded to Scratch so I can have the Tech1200's plugged in. I've tried Pioneer's controllers but they feel like a cheap toy, especially the knobs. If you're on a budget, look at the Kontrol S2, and disregard the retail price - most shops (and online stores, i.e. zzounds.com) will drop the price by 10% - 15% if you charm them a bit.

I would avoid Numark controllers like the plague...unless you map the controls to Traktor.

Last edited:
cheers bro, but that control is out my league really, i am a turntable man at heart so its just something to tide me over,

right, need a bit of help, i really like the look of the Reloop Mixage IE

dig_jock_ie2_t.jpg

now tho is 200 quid and looks like it will do what i want and is a sturdy piece of kit, and has an inbuilt audio interface.

but there is another one called the Reloop Mixage CE, which is 130 quid and is almost exactly the sam, but does not have a built in sound card, BUT, i own traktor and the Audio 6 interface

Reloop%20Mixage%20Controller%20Edition%20Ltd0_width=500&height=400&crop=true.jpg

will this audio interface i use for tractor on my technics work with this controller do you think? thus saving me 70 nicker?

carte-son-traktor-audio-10.jpg

Is it worth forking out 200 nicker for a controller with a built in audio interface when i already own a tractor interface? i just don't know if it will work...

i am totally new to this so help me.

Last edited:
That SHOULD theoretically be ok.

Havent had any experience with traktor interfaces though, so dont take my word for it.

Yup, the reloop and your audio 6 will work a treat with traktor :)

I used the exact same setup for a while, a Digital Jockey 2 Interface Edition, 2 1210's and an audio 4. It covered all the bases nicely. But I would say that most controllers out there are pretty weak. My reloop stood up fairly well, I bought it second hand afterall. It lasted a good year or 2 and then the Cue and play buttons started to go. They'd double trigger sometimes, etc, pain in the arse and not something you could use out gigging.

You get what you pay for, but even the most expensive controllers fuck up. Ive heard that the kontrol S4 isnt as durable as its meant to be, and my kontrol X1's have literally been used to death, ive had them replaced under warranty recently.

Mixtrack Pro is fully supported out of the box in Traktor Pro. No mapping even required.
I stand corrected. Thank you kindly.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Yup, the reloop and your audio 6 will work a treat with traktor :)

I used the exact same setup for a while, a Digital Jockey 2 Interface Edition, 2 1210's and an audio 4. It covered all the bases nicely. But I would say that most controllers out there are pretty weak. My reloop stood up fairly well, I bought it second hand afterall. It lasted a good year or 2 and then the Cue and play buttons started to go. They'd double trigger sometimes, etc, pain in the arse and not something you could use out gigging.

You get what you pay for, but even the most expensive controllers fuck up. Ive heard that the kontrol S4 isnt as durable as its meant to be, and my kontrol X1's have literally been used to death, ive had them replaced under warranty recently.

That is my one beef with the S4 - the plastic top covering is a bit of a turnoff. I would've liked something a bit more sturdy/durable, but I suppose it was a design choice to keep the weight limit down. Nowadays I just mix with it while it's hanging out in it's flight case.

i got a brand spanker M-Audio Xponent for 150 quid off a fat junglist bouncy castle salesman this morning, i am happy with it, the Torq isnt a bad program, i am gonna switch to traktor, jus doing my research now.

Thanks for the advice troops, more than appreciated.

i got a brand spanker M-Audio Xponent for 150 quid off a fat junglist bouncy castle salesman this morning, i am happy with it, the Torq isnt a bad program, i am gonna switch to traktor, jus doing my research now.

Thanks for the advice troops, more than appreciated.

Looks nice, decent size pitch faders as well

That is my one beef with the S4 - the plastic top covering is a bit of a turnoff. I would've liked something a bit more sturdy/durable, but I suppose it was a design choice to keep the weight limit down. Nowadays I just mix with it while it's hanging out in it's flight case.

Its not actually the plastic top that breaks, its the components inside, it always is. Every manufacturer likes to keep shit as cheap as possible for obvious reasons. The gripe is that they fail regularly.
As a handy twist of fate, they usually give up in under the years warranty. So ironically, if they'd spent 0.5 pennys more on each switch and or fader the product would last over the warranty, perhaps indefinitely (with proper care) and the manufacturers wouldnt have to constantly replace broken units.

Its not actually the plastic top that breaks, its the components inside, it always is. Every manufacturer likes to keep shit as cheap as possible for obvious reasons. The gripe is that they fail regularly.
As a handy twist of fate, they usually give up in under the years warranty. So ironically, if they'd spent 0.5 pennys more on each switch and or fader the product would last over the warranty, perhaps indefinitely (with proper care) and the manufacturers wouldnt have to constantly replace broken units.

Ha, that is wonderfully ironic. One would think that this irony would be cause for them to manufacture higher quality/durable internal parts...but of course, that would simply make too much sense now wouldn't it. :)

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom